• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Oh my goodness... Just finished "The Old Dog" arc of Hitman...
Absolutely incredible.
Hard to believe that that isn't the end of the series, to be honest.

But wow. Gut-wrenching.

Also, that two-page spread of the wedding scene. Incredible.

Still got about 10 issues til its all over. Savor it, friend.

ElNarez

Banned
COMICS! |OT| June 2016. This is not the Overwatch Thread.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016: The Afterbirth
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
Blame Alan
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
The times, they are a-changin'
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
Triple Jokers all the way across the line

Owzers

I'm trying to get interested in WWE Extreme Rules but Roman is going to look really strong tonight and i'm not ready for that.

We Are Robin #12
Mockingbird #3
Nighthawk #1
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #8
Another Castle #3
Jonesy #4
Joyride #2
Steven Universe & the Crystal Gems #3

I just realized i didn't even go to the shop last week

COMICS! |OT| June 2016: The Afterbirth
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
Blame Alan
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
The times, they are a-changin'
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
Triple Jokers all the way across the line

COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
The Manhattan Project

GAMEPROFF

Banned
COMICS! |OT| June 2016:
The Manhattan Project
tumblr_mw569jSjdu1sqaqhdo1_500.gif

Illuminati #7
Today is a sad day. This was one of my favorite ANAD books and I got excited to read it every month. It's upsetting that I had to finally read the final issue, even though I wanted so much to believe it wasn't. That said, it was a heartfelt ending, and a good one at that. Doesn't feel like any threads were left loose and hanging. I still recommend this book. I will re-read this some day.

Venom: Space Knight #7
"WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS TURN OF EVENTS?!" he said sarcastically.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the asshole panda still in that Venom book?

Loki was fun too. There's actually a lot to like in that movie, it just doesn't come together. It's all so forgettable and bland it practically sets new standards for the application of those terms.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Loki was fun too. There's actually a lot to like in that movie, it just doesn't come together. It's all so forgettable and bland it practically sets new standards for the application of those terms.
I also think it hurt the memory of Thor 1.
Not that this one was a great movie, but its way better then what people say about it now.
The only cringeworthy scene is IMO the battle against the frostgiants.

Owzers

I'm engrossed in Rachel Rising, read through the rest of vol 2 and all of vol 3 today, moved on to vol 4. I'm going to switch back to ANAD MU books soon just to remember what bad comics are like.

God I couldn't fucking stand that SIXAXISAXIS wrap. wtf were they thinking with that

That tweet is funny in retrospect though because it suggests I would want to buy a collected edition of AXIS. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Hellers

So have we talked about Johns saying the Legion is coming back? I'll spoiler the details from Newsarama

LONG LIVE THE LEGIONGeoff Johns told Newsarama that the Legion of Super-Heroes would be back, and DC Universe Rebirth sets the stage for that return even earlier than we expected.
In a scene set in the present day, a woman tells the police that she’s seen the future, and everything is going to be all right. In her possession is a Legion Flight Ring.

It’s unclear whether this is Saturn Girl, or possibly the precognitive Dream Girl, but one this is clear – the Legion lives.

I'm in.

Holy shit, Secret Wars and tie ins are about 200+ issues? Yeah, I am not going to start on that right now. Will wait till everything is on MU later in the year.

Marvel really went all-in with that one. I'm not surprised it came out to 200 issues, but that's A LOT of reading. And I'm betting a lot of those are mediocre books.

Oh my goodness... Just finished "The Old Dog" arc of Hitman...

Ah, it's Kipp. Did you pre-order your Evangelion-color Godzilla Monsterarts yet?

thats not Land art btw

Of course it's not. I can look at it without vomiting.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. This is not the Overwatch Thread (but it might as well be)

I'm trying to get interested in WWE Extreme Rules but Roman is going to look really strong tonight and i'm not ready for that.

Just do what I do and ignore it's even happening.

Steven Universe & the Crystal Gems #3

I didn't even realize it was back on TV. I started catching up on new episodes last night. Peridot is so cute.

4 Kids Walk into a Bank is damn good comics. Got to keep an eye out for Matthew Rosenberg. I pretty much had no interest in Civil War 2 tie-ins but now I think I need to read the Kingpin one he's writing.

Top Bottom