• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Why is it more obnoxious than any ithwr videogame you havent played? Thats like me getting angry about people talking about Doom.

Because there's a common frame of reference. You might not understand the nuances of Doom, but most people are familiar enough with things like it to be able to read and understand discussion of it.

Overwatch is a class-based shooter that looks like a hero-based moba and is discussed in similar terms. Just unfamiliar enough to render discussion into gobbledygook if you don't know the particulars.

Started reading Lois and Clark and I really like it. They have a nice family dynamic going and this Clark is a lot nicer than the other. I'm looking forward to the Rebirth Superman book now. It's interesting that he is using his past experience from the old universe to try and get in front of potential super villains or events happening in this universe.

Yeah, it's a great book.

But Bastion though..

Bastion is simultaneously overpowered in low skill games and underpowered in high skill games. Nerfbuff him!

I'm psyched for Overwatch but I can't be the only motherfucker on ComicsGAF hyped for fucking CITY OF MIRRORS

RETURNING TO THE CRONE ZONE MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSS

Messi

Did you see today's match, Messi?

I did. What a nervy game. My goodness Iniesta is a wizard.

iniesta.gif

Warriors heard messi talk about Steven Reigns and his balls have suffered.

They hit him in the balls again? Twice in two games.. Draymond kneed him in the balls last game. They have been gooning the shit out if him because he has been awesome. It's hilarious.

Owzers

There's a perfectly good American basketball game on and we are talking about kickball. Sometimes i wonder about comic-gaf's patriotism.

Messi

lol wtf is this he went straight for that guys nuts, did he get sent off or something?

Flagrant 1 and can be upgraded to a suspension after the game. It won't be because of who it is but a cavs player was suspended yesterday for hitting a player in the nuts. He was a deep bench guy though.

Boogiepop

You guys keep throwing me off with your Doom talk, partially because it's the comic thread. Like, I keep thinking "that's a weird statement about Dr. Doom... oh wait, it's the game", like, every time it's mentioned.

Also, I'm incredibly out of the loop, so instead of your Overwatches and whatnot, I'm finally getting around to Xenoblade X, which is kind of scaring me with how much I keep ending up in "oh crap, didn't think I was playing that long" situations.

Oh, and I guess I'm reading the (original) Secret Six run, so that's also a thing.

Owzers

I eventually abandoned Xenoblade X, it started to feel like a time sink without enough rewards

I'm also surprised that they made a video game out of that Doom movie, it did have The Rock but i didn't think it was good enough to sink money into a game. I dunno.

george_us

You guys keep throwing me off with your Doom talk, partially because it's the comic thread. Like, I keep thinking "that's a weird statement about Dr. Doom... oh wait, it's the game", like, every time it's mentioned.

Also, I'm incredibly out of the loop, so instead of your Overwatches and whatnot, I'm finally getting around to Xenoblade X, which is kind of scaring me with how much I keep ending up in "oh crap, didn't think I was playing that long" situations.

Oh, and I guess I'm reading the (original) Secret Six run, so that's also a thing.
Xenoblade X is fucking amazing. Enjoy!

I am renting overwatch and buying comics instead.
You stop that right now

What's the guideline for lists? I noticed it's a monthly tradition

Weekly tradition! We all post them over the weekend. comiclist.com is a good source for the latest releases. I just run down their list for next week and pick out all the books I'm gonna buy and post 'em. Pretty sure everybody else who posts lists does the same.

They tend to start going up Saturday night US time, and trickle in right up to New Comic Book Day.

TheFlow

Banned
List:

Must Buy:
Doctor Strange #8
DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH #1

want to buy:
MONSTRESS #6
EAST OF WEST #26

if someone loans me 3 bucks:
TOKYO GHOST #7

Mainly listing current stuff/new releases, or is anything we've read during the week okay?
you only list what you plan to buy and then read of what is released that week.

so new releases all the way.

Top Bottom