• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

4 Kids Walk into a Bank is damn good comics. Got to keep an eye out for Matthew Rosenberg. I pretty much had no interest in Civil War 2 tie-ins but now I think I need to read the Kingpin one he's writing.

I keep seeing this pop up in this thread and I have never heard of it anywhere else. I guess it's about time I picked it up, gotta see what all the fuss is about

I keep seeing this pop up in this thread and I have never heard of it anywhere else. I guess it's about time I picked it up, gotta see what all the fuss is about

It's only got one issue out, but it's a great introduction issue.

If you like it, definitely check out We Can Never Go Home, which is another Black Mask comic by the same writer. I think everyone who's read it here has liked it.

It's only got one issue out, but it's a great introduction issue.

If you like it, definitely check out We Can Never Go Home, which is another Black Mask comic by the same writer. I think everyone who's read it here has liked it.

Ah yeah I've been seeing that one too. Thanks, I'll definitely check it out if I dig 4 Kids

edit: well, "dig 4 Kids" is the most unfortunate phrasing I've fallen into in some time

Owzers

Annnnd vol 4 of Rachel Rising done. Comic reading, comic reading everywhere. Still good stuff and i'm past the point of caring how dark it is and am just enjoying it unravel. Pretty dark though similar to Locke and Key, but i enjoyed Lockes story a bit more.

I can't aim in doom ps4 either, i guess it's every game. Trying to pistol shoot an imp is ugh-inducing.

Messi

Annnnd vol 4 of Rachel Rising done. Comic reading, comic reading everywhere. Still good stuff and i'm past the point of caring how dark it is and am just enjoying it unravel. Pretty dark though similar to Locke and Key, but i enjoyed Lockes story a bit more.

I can't aim in doom ps4 either, i guess it's every game. Trying to pistol shoot an imp is ugh-inducing.

Apply to work for Polygon. You have the skillz.

Oh and nice avatar.

Phamit

I read the first ANAD Strange Trade and I loved it, the Art is amazing and I'm really digging the story so far. Really fits into the Urban Fantasy Genre, which is kinda my favourite at the moment.

TheFlow

Banned
I read the first ANAD Strange Trade and I loved it, the Art is amazing and I'm really digging the story so far. Really fits into the Urban Fantasy Genre, which is kinda my favourite at the moment.

its better. you haven't even hit the hory shit moments yet

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Next up either Cyclops or Elektra.

Baffled about my current speeding through these books. Only like 30 All New Marvel Trades left on the Backlog.

Edit: Actually, these are 32. only for the standard series.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ah yeah I've been seeing that one too. Thanks, I'll definitely check it out if I dig 4 Kids

edit: well, "dig 4 Kids" is the most unfortunate phrasing I've fallen into in some time

I really loved it, probably more than We Can Never Go Home, which now that I've read some Valiant, I realize is a lot like Harbinger.

Is it possible I downloaded the entire game and the beta at the same time on xbox. The beta was 10gb or something and it downloaded another 10gb.

I don't know how Microsoft does it, but on PS4 it downloads the base program and then downloads the game data. When mine downloaded yesterday, it downloaded 5GB and then the game data was another 15-16GB.

Overwatch OT has launched and now this can be a comics thread again

*in the sound of KoF's Iori win pose*
iori-cv-laughs.gif

hehehehe

hahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The "hate" Overwatch is getting from people that don't like or care about it is bizarre to me. There has been videogame talk in the thread before so it cant be "this is a comics thread rawr!". Is it because its popular? It bothers you so much that people enjoy something you dont? I honestly dont get it.

Its not just here either. Some people in the steam thread have a grudge against it as well saying "this is the steam thread not battle net" and yet will turn around and talk abiut mirrors edge or battlefield, or non-gaming bullshit like anime.

So what is so offensive about Overwatch? I mean even if you dont care about it at the very least it looks like a polished good looking, team based shooter I would think?

The "hate" Overwatch is getting from people that don't like or care about it is bizarre to me. There has been videogame talk in the thread before so it cant be "this is a comics thread rawr!". Is it because its popular? It bothers you so much that people enjoy something you dont? I honestly dont get it.

Its not just here either. Some people in the steam thread have a grudge against it as well saying "this is the steam thread not battle net" and yet will turn around and talk abiut mirrors edge or battlefield, or non-gaming bullshit like anime.

So what is so offensive about Overwatch? I mean even if you dont care about it at the very least it looks like a polished good looking, team based shooter I would think?

Overwatch talk bugged the hell out of me before I got started playing it, so I actually get it. There's this mix of insularity and popularity to it, where people can't stop talking about it but if you don't know the game nothing they say makes any sense, so it's actually pretty obnoxious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Overwatch talk bugged the hell out of me before I got started playing it, so I actually get it. There's this mix of insularity and popularity to it, where people can't stop talking about it but if you don't know the game nothing they say makes any sense, so it's actually pretty obnoxious.

Why is it more obnoxious than any ithwr videogame you havent played? Thats like me getting angry about people talking about Doom.

Most of the criticism I've seem is about price this game is charging especially on console.

Hagi

Started reading Lois and Clark and I really like it. They have a nice family dynamic going and this Clark is a lot nicer than the other. I'm looking forward to the Rebirth Superman book now. It's interesting that he is using his past experience from the old universe to try and get in front of potential super villains or events happening in this universe.

But Bastion though..

Just finished Morrison/Millar's run on Flash and it was great. Another great example of why legacy characters are amazing when done well. I loved how zany the arcs got with trying to come up with situations that Flash can't just run his way out of.

Gonna continue on with the Johns stuff next. I'm so happy that Waid's run is getting rereleased too. This is like the perfect time to get into this series.

Top Bottom