• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I use comiclist, but don't know why.

DC Rebirth
Justice League

Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Mighty Thor
Ms Marvel
Mockingbird
Pasty Walker: Hellcat
Squirrel Girl
Weirdworld

Maybe Cap Steve, too.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So conflicted you have GOAT Strange but Captain Marvel :,(

Is it the best? No it's not, but I don't hate the character or the run. I also like Anka more than most people seem to.

I sort of figured that Preacher was going to go on sale with the show, no dice so far.

Is it the best? No it's not, but I don't hate the character or the run. I also like Anka more than most people seem to.

I sort of figured that Preacher was going to go on sale with the show, no dice so far.

Yeah I was hoping for a Preacher sale too.

Flow can't accept that Captain Marvel is a good book now

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Still reading Valiant on Scribd. Where sales of Shadowman terrible? The third volume completely nuked everything that they'd set up in the first two and then the book ended. That was unexpected. I figured that because it had two spin offs and an event that it would have done better.

Armor Hunters was pretty cool, I love a giant robot that can turn into a smiley face, and it started with X-O Manowar pulling down his armor pants to moon a satellite. And they actually showed it. Good for you Valiant, not being afraid of man butts.

I'm pulling about one DC book a week, counting Vertigo, but that's all about to change

PSs2qY7.gif

ElNarez

Banned
hey I just wrote a whole bunch of words for june's OP, I don't even know why, but, I did, so, if you want them, they're here, quick note

Sandfox

Rich is claiming that Marvel is going to have an announcement today/tomorrow to steal some press attention back from DC. This is going to be hilarious when he tries to backtrack.

hey I just wrote a whole bunch of words for june's OP, I don't even know why, but, I did, so, if you want them, they're here, quick note

Sure, lay em on me Narez

Got back to Johns Flash and I just finished the first arc that ended with issue #169. I enjoyed Wally having to team up with Captain Cold and Mirror Master here. Made for a lot of fun exchanges like when the two of them just leave when they see what they were up against lol

hamchan

I'll get that first DC Rebith issue because it sounds fucking crazy but I'm not really a huge DC fan so I guess just that one will do.

Owzers

I can't read anything issue by issue, wait is too long. I only get volumes or finished series

reading a lot of what you like is fun. Watching all of Game of Thrones season 5 or reading lots of Rachel Rising is a far superior experience than waiting for one episode a week or issue a month. Sure, it changes the intended pacing, but on the other hand, i don't care.

I want more Game of Thrones now but all i get is WWE Extreme Rules...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I aprove of these new MU morning updates

All New Wolvie #2 (yay)
Carnage #2 (yay)
Ms.Marvel #1 (yay?)
New Avengers #3 (yay)
Spider Woman #1 (wooooooo)
Uncanny Inhumans #2 (yay)
Uncanny Avengers Annual #1 (mweh)
Astonishing Ant Man #2 (hmm)
Star Lord #1 (ick)
Secret Wars, Too #1 (whut?)
Star Wars #12 (yay)

And then a bunch of 1991 X-Factor issues.

Aceun

I use the comixology pull list site. Mainly cuz it automatically emails me my list the night before. And if I want to check week over week what's coming out I can always visit the site.

I could read comics. Or I could keep watching Community...I think I'll read some comics now.
I was shocked. SHOCKED.
Unpredictable
Is the asshole panda still in that Venom book?
Pik Rollo is a caring and kind panda bear mother. YOU WILL RESPECT HER!
Yep

Not the greatest supporting cast. I like the robot, kinda
The cast is improving.
I'll see how I feel when I start making the thread
You'll feel pretty?
He should be Black Bolt in the make-believe Inhumans movie
That's offensive
Next up either Cyclops or Elektra.

Baffled about my current speeding through these books. Only like 30 All New Marvel Trades left on the Backlog.

Edit: Actually, these are 32. only for the standard series.
Rucka's Cyclops is just really good comics. The run after him is solid, but not as good as Rucka's.
*in the sound of KoF's Iori win pose*
iori-cv-laughs.gif

hehehehe

hahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Sprites are timeless.
Yup it's dead
Same as Illuminati. RIP good comics.
Oh, and I guess I'm reading the (original) Secret Six run, so that's also a thing.
Like, ORIGINAl original? Like, 1960's Secret Six?
One of the best quotes of the show comes from that episode.
Are those words these words?

Yo...Deadly Class is awesome. Been on my radar since seeing all the praise in these threads and it's definitely meeting expectations. I love how dynamic the panels are. Currently reading through the first arc

Yo...Deadly Class is awesome. Been on my radar since seeing all the praise in these threads and it's definitely meeting expectations. I love how dynamic the panels are. Currently reading through the first arc

Wes Craig DA GOAT.

Dude is like a modern day better version of Frank Miller's art.

A Year of Marvels: The Amazing #1
Well this was fun. The Spider-Man story was heartwarming. The Ant-Man story was pretty okay. Still an enjoyable read, though.

Daredevil/The Punisher #1
Aside from the art, this was not enjoyable. Is this how Soule's Daredevil run reads? Because, if so, then I'm definitely not reading it.

Silk #8
You know, it's funny how Standoff, a good crossover, just happened. Now we have a bad crossover. Standoff was good because everything was self-contained. Really the only book that was relevant to the core event (though in fairness I didn't read the Uncanny Avengers portion of it) was SamCap's book. Spider-Women very clearly is not that. Now I have to read the full crossover to find out why Gwen is such a twat. Also GOOD GOD THE ART'S GETTING WORSE. AAAAAAAAGH

All-New Wolverine #8
Though it seems adorable, I have no legitimate interest in this book aside from it being a Road to Civil War 2 issue. Much like Invincible Iron Man, however, nothing of relevancy to Civil War 2 actually happens. Maybe next issue?

Squadron Supreme #7
Did the art change? I feel like it did. I like this book, though. Also points for becoming a stealth Inhumans book. Will continue.

Zombine

Banned
Really glad to see that Albuquerque isn't using his dirty fingerprints marking that he used in Second Cycle on Batgirl. It gets into the colors and make everything look dirty as shit.

JTripper

That DD/Punisher comic does not sound too exciting and Soule's first volume of DD wasn't anything great either. Guess I dropped DD at the right time when Waid's run ended since I trade wait that character now.

In other news I'm 6 issues into Gotham Central and it's a banger of a comic.

For only the second time ever, I have a single issue for my list!

Rebirth #1

solicit said:
It all begins here. Do not skip to the last page. Do not let a friend or message board ruin this comic for you. The future (and past) of the DC Universe starts here. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!

Too late DC.

Reading Plastic Man archives v2. Every time I hit a splash page, I am blown away. Such great designs and lettering.

Just those three, to be read in the order you posted. The first one can be read separately too. You don't really need to read the prequel and sequel, though you will want to if you fall in love with the world.

Top Bottom