• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Comixology have a sale on Incal atm. 1.99 a volume

Finished the third volume of Locke & Keye. Baffled how impressive the story telling is. So much love for it

Preacher premiere exceeded my expectations. Even though it deviates (and understandably so), it captures the spirit and absurdity of the comic so well. No complaints here.

Boogiepop

Like, ORIGINAl original? Like, 1960's Secret Six?

Welp, I have no idea why I went and assumed "oh yeah, there's no way there was a run before that one" considering how often Marvel and DC stuff turns out to be be a revival of something significantly older. But yeah, I actually meant the Simone pre-New 52 run. Which looks to actually be the third run, so whoops!

Wes Craig DA GOAT.

Dude is like a modern day better version of Frank Miller's art.

image.php

Messi

I do not know what any of this means, but I like a good deal of his work. Especially his more detailed stuff.

His inking is lacking though.

He can ink like crazy when he takes his time. But for someone who suffers delays like Sejic he can't take that time.

Some of the older work is amazing though. Ravine is a stunning looking book as is the start of Aphrodite IX. He changes to a faster style midway though. I still like it but it's much less detailed.

He did this Wonder Woman recently

Welp, I have no idea why I went and assumed "oh yeah, there's no way there was a run before that one" considering how often Marvel and DC stuff turns out to be be a revival of something significantly older. But yeah, I actually meant the Simone pre-New 52 run. Which looks to actually be the third run, so whoops!
Aw man. I kinda wanna know how that OG run is without having to read it. Oh well

I tried to give it a shot but got tired of him bumbling around and whining constantly. It just seemed like every issue was the same with him never actually learning anything.

I tried to give it a shot but got tired of him bumbling around and whining constantly. It just seemed like every issue was the same with him never actually learning anything.

Yup. I gave it four issues. I did hear it gets better, eventually, but that's more than enough time for a book to find its footing.

Doctor Fate is bets book none of you are reading.

YLXvNpf.jpg

I actually still keep up with it. Was a pretty cool issue.

Yup. I gave it four issues. I did hear it gets better, eventually, but that's more than enough time for a book to find its footing.

Yeah, it took waaaay too long to get its feet under it, but around issue 7 or so it finally figured things out.

Overwatch is mere hours away. We made it fam.

It's been dead for issues now.

I stopped reading it a while ago. I think the crossover just killed my interest and it never recovered. Same thing happened when Unwritten crossed over with Fables.

Preacher premiere exceeded my expectations. Even though it deviates (and understandably so), it captures the spirit and absurdity of the comic so well. No complaints here.

I thought it needed more Tulip. She was great.

Stjepan Sejic is like a modern day Michael Allred, with the colouring skills of Jordie Bellaire imo

They're nothing alike aside from "two artists I really like."

Allred has a heavy pop-art influence. Sejic is nothing like that.

THAT IS BUTTS. I am reading it and I am all caught up. I love it.

ElNarez

Banned

that's goddamn slander of my good name and I will not abide by it

Liew and Levitz are doing the best goddamn book about a teen in New York trying to juggle his student life with his great power and great responsibility.

Yeah that's right I said it DC is publishing the best Spider-Man book currently available, and it's called Doctor Fate, fuck y'all.

Messi

This looks cool, one shot that is happening between arcs of Wicked and the Divine. Apparently she has already been in one panel. Can't wait to see the 1831 versions of the other characters. Set in the romantics era

Jamie McKelvie
Sneak peek at a bit of the 1831 #WicDiv special cover. Can't wait for you to meet this Recurrence.

CjJzcDsWEAM_Lm5.jpg

Went to the other comic shop in town today and it was cool. They had some OOP stuff and a bunch of those Kotobukiya figures. I wanted Batwoman but I don't really have room for her so I didn't get her.

They had some good deals too. My friend got there X-Statix omnibus for like $62. The other shop just seems everything art MSRP.

This looks cool, one shot that is happening between arcs of Wicked and the Divine. Apparently she has already been in one panel. Can't wait to see the 1831 versions of the other characters. Set in the romantics era

Jamie McKelvie

Oh, she looks cool.
She will most certainly get killed off.

Owzers

Went to the other comic shop in town today and it was cool. They had some OOP stuff and a bunch of those Kotobukiya figures. I wanted Batwoman but I don't really have room for her so I didn't get her.

They had some good deals too. My friend got there X-Statix omnibus for like $62. The other shop just seems everything art MSRP.

Did you consider giving away some comics to make room?

Top Bottom