• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

Zzze7Xh.jpg

:( Mercy no! you were only defending yourself :(

I see a lot of Lone Wolf and Cub framing influences in both of those second two pages...

Miller has cited manga as a big influence to his style IIRC. I feel like that's one of the titles he referenced too but I'm sure someone else (frye) will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the silhouette stuff in the last two is kind of similar, but not enough that I'd directly compare the two. I don't see any similarities in the first set of pictures at all.

Miller has cited manga as a big influence to his style IIRC. I feel like that's one of the titles he referenced too but I'm sure someone else (frye) will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the silhouette stuff in the last two is kind of similar, but not enough that I'd directly compare the two. I don't see any similarities in the first set of pictures at all.

Miller did draw the covers for the US release of Lone Wolf & Cub.

frye

yeah, he was one of the first artists who read that stuff and incorporated it into his own comics. Goeski Kojima's work on Lone Wolf and Cub is the really huge influence on Miller's mid 80's comics

I always think 80s Chaykin with Wes Craig, like American Flagg, the Shadow, Time2, etc

that's a good call too, and there's a clear throughline between that run of Chaykin comics and Miller

:( Mercy no! you were only defending yourself :(
"I don't know what happened. I just couldn't pull the trigger right away. I never had any problems in training. But when I thought about my bullets tearing through those soldiers' bodies, I hesitated....."

"Shooting at targets and shooting at living, breathing people are different."

"Ever since I was a little girl, I always dreamed about being a soldier. Everyday of my life. I've trained my mind and body for the one day when I could finally see some real action, and now...."

"So what now? You wanna quit?"

"I can't quit. I can't allow myself to quit now."

"Listen, Mercy. Everybody feels sick the first time they kill someone. Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it. In a war, all of mankind's worst emotions.....worst traits come out. It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield."

VanWinkle

Just finished the DC One Million omnibus. Very good. I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the tie-ins were meh but a lot of them were good, and I enjoyed the story. The 80-page one-shot near the end was awesome, too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Supermans street design looks so insanely stupid, it destroyed the Grayson issue for me.
Yikes, so awful. He is getting his old costum and the cape back in Rebirth?

Edit: and he is driving a motorcycle? Seriously?!?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Supermans street design looks so insanely stupid, it destroyed the Grayson issue for me.
Yikes, so awful. He is getting his old costum and the cape back in Rebirth?

Edit: and he is driving a motorcycle? Seriously?!?
Funny thing is, Lex Luthors monolouge later in the issue made me kinda appreciate what Clark is still doing.

Still hate the design.

Top Bottom