• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

That's not even the main thing tho

Posting a comic thread in the OT is inviting nonreaders saying the dumbest things about the medium overall.

The spoiler itself is harmless.

I keep saying this. DC Rebirth spoiler thread was like 10 solid pages of "OMG this is why I don't read DC they're always awful all the time," plus a smattering of "lolcomix" on top.

OT tha wurst.

is comics gaf playing Overwatch? all your avatars would sugges so

i miss yall - add me if you're on PS4 and want to get some friendlies in

psn: cool_calm_jon

Haha, okay. I was wondering where that friend request came from. I know I killed Spider a few times today. :D

I don't really care TBH. Will you play with me?

I didn't buy it. And I have to admit I'm not likely to if the game is poop.

TheFlow

Banned
Tech Jacket volume 1

pretty basic comic but the combat panels were dope. Also glad they did a realistic take on the time. Going to drop this

1133401.jpg

3/5

Those Warcraft reviews O_O

RIP in peace Blizzard movies

What? Really? I thought it had everything. That guy from Vikings... and an orc lady who was human enough to be considered hot.... Where did they go wrong?

Don't know about the former two but MP is just way too much fun.

MP is great as long as you read it in collected form. I constantly forgot what happened when I was trying to read it on a monthly basis.

What? Really? I thought it had everything. That guy from Vikings... and an orc lady who was human enough to be considered hot.... Where did they go wrong?

Well so far we've had reviewers compare it to Battlefield Earth and Super Mario Bros., so I imagine it went wrong in a lot of places

So far CMXU has me itching to continue:
Fatale
Wicked + Divine
The Manhattan Projects

Manhattan Projects is one of Hickman's best series. It kinda fizzles out at the end without a really solid conclusion but it's worth it for the journey.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what's everyone reading these days?

i picked up the Elliot Kalan (of The Flop House) penned 6 issue mini Spider-Man & the X-Men so that's up next.

i'm also going through that Spectacular Spider-Man show - if you guys haven't seen it yet, i can't recommend it enough.

I'll add you tonight, i only have one human friend who is getting the game so i'll be looking to play with people who exist on the internet.

my psn is Owzers

people can add me, i don't use a mic so you don't have to worry about me saying things about comics.

When I pick up the game next week I will look out for you.

You can add me

Im euvm

My only friend right now is messi...

Haha, okay. I was wondering where that friend request came from. I know I killed Spider a few times today. :D

i added yall

lets get it

Well so far we've had reviewers compare it to Battlefield Earth and Super Mario Bros., so I imagine it went wrong in a lot of places

Manhattan Projects is one of Hickman's best series. It kinda fizzles out at the end without a really solid conclusion but it's worth it for the journey.

shame about Warcraft. video game movies stay doomed.

also, isn't Manhattan Projects 2 going on right now? maybe It'll All Come Together in that Hickman way

TheFlow

Banned

i picked up the Elliot Kalan (of The Flop House) penned 6 issue mini Spider-Man & the X-Men so that's up next.

i'm also going through that Spectacular Spider-Man show - if you guys haven't seen it yet, i can't recommend it enough.

i added yall

lets get it
BlackHawk2914. since you are adding people

My current top ten, in order:

East of West
The Vision
Lazarus
Saga
Deadly Class
The Fix
Low
Moon Knight
Rachel Rising
Doctor Strange

also, isn't Manhattan Projects 2 going on right now? maybe It'll All Come Together in that Hickman way

Well, there was the mini that finished several months ago. There was supposed to be more but I don't think there's been any news in quite awhile. Might be dead. Dormant at the least.

TheFlow

Banned
will divide up my top 10
Marvel
moon knight

doctor strange

power man and iron fist

vision

deadly class

saga

stray bullets

east by west

Outside the box
archie

harbinger

MG310

All of this Cap talk makes me want to read the entirety of Remender's run.

Just read Dimension Z. The rest is Remender's slow descent into Axis.

Going to need context for the Cap spoiler...I enjoyed Spencer's FalCap run so far.

Torn between which game to go to next. Got the Dark Souls 3 Platinum and did the new Hitman level a bunch of times. Torn between Uncharted, Doom, and Overwatch. Doom seems like I could probably just Redbox it for 3 days.

"We did not find a Kindle device or a reading app that supports this item registered to your Amazon account"

This is getting annoying. Worked fine for Gotham Central and American Vampire. I already linked CMX on my iPad to Amazon.

TheFlow

Banned
"We did not find a Kindle device or a reading app that supports this item registered to your Amazon account"

This is getting annoying. Worked fine for Gotham Central and American Vampire. I already linked CMX on my iPad to Amazon.
there is going to be an update released to allow unlimited to work on apps/devices.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Manifest Destiny
Lazarus
Revival
Saga
Shutter
Birthright
The Wicked + The Divine
The Walking Dead
Deadly Class
Southern Bastards
The Spread
Monstress
The Fix
Cry Havoc
Copperhead

So basically everything Image puts out lol

Also I'm stevescott20 on psn for the Overwatch folk.

TheFlow

Banned
It's more that I'm trying to buy some comics on Amazon (they're cheaper than through CMX directly), and it won't let me because there's no Kindle device registered

oh damn that sucks. how is the kindle with the cmx app?

QUOTE=Brian Fellows;204574609]Manifest Destiny
Lazarus
Revival
Saga
Shutter
Birthright
The Wicked + The Divine
The Walking Dead
Deadly Class
Southern Bastards
The Spread
Monstress
The Fix
Cry Havoc
Copperhead

So basically everything Image puts out lol

Also I'm stevescott20 on psn for the Overwatch folk.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit! I gotta see if southern bastards and birthright are on unlimited

JTripper

Finished Kingdom Come. It was so good and that epilogue got me. Also, the extras in the new HC blew me away. Amazing stuff. Can't believe I didn't read this sooner.

Guys, Total War Warhammer is so good.

Stopping me from catching up on my comics

It looks SO cool

I'm trying to marathon all the TW games before I pick it up but I might not have the willpower...I really want to play it. Warhammer is one of my favorite fantasy universes in any medium.

If an expansion drops with Skaven I will have to drop my plans and pick it up immediately

Finished Kingdom Come. It was so good and that epilogue got me. Also, the extras in the new HC blew me away. Amazing stuff. Can't believe I didn't read this sooner.

Glad you enjoyed it! Definitely one of the best DC stories of all time and probably my favorite metacommentary on cape comics.

Mark Waid's best work imho

It's interesting to look at the other community threads - I'm only active in a couple - and observe which tolerate off-topic stuff and which have practically none

We're one of the worst
Or one of the best, depending on how you look at it
Having some off-topic discussion is nice. If it goes for too long, though, then it starts to bother me.
The Boys is pretty bleak but good.

But as mentioned the Humble Bundle is cheaper.

Bleeding Cool reporting that they're doing some big history change to Cap on Weds. Sounds like (speculation-y)
they're going to reveal Cap is a LMD and always was or somesuch.

The BC article is very vague to be fair. Basically just "something big is happening and similar in import to famous story x."
Confirm or deny:

Is Cap an Xternal?
Anyone willing to make a donation? I need help.
??????
Cap Wolf went on too long and had no bearing whatsoever on the plot, I certainly hope it's something more impactful given all this hullabaloo
It did affect the plot, but it also went on for too long. About one issue too long.

Ok, I put together a reading list for Secret Wars and tie-ins based on the list from comicbookherals - Mainly to help myself read it on MU and also verify that every issue is on MU. Looks like most are present, though some can only be found by searching through Google. The links on marvel.com are broken. -_-

http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-...der/battleworld-warzone-last-days-checklists/

Secret Wars MU Issue Reading Order

The main missing ones are Secret Wars #8, Secret Wars #9 and Silver Surfer #15.

X-Men '92 is also completely missing from MU. Also, the reading list suggests there are 8 issues but MU only has 4. Any ideas why?

Mindwipe

Meh, the Cap spoiler turned out to be something way too easy for them to retcon, swerve, undo or simply isn't going to turn out to be real. And given Marvel will definitely do one of those in the next few months, that's really boring.

Top Bottom