• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

ElNarez

Banned
hahahaha I just caught the Captain America spoiler and once again comic fans are the biggest goobers who make things sound way more stupid than they actually are

it's not as crazy as Rebirth, nowhere near

Sandfox

hahahaha I just caught the Captain America spoiler and once again comic fans are the biggest goobers who make things sound way more stupid than they actually are

The only person who said that was Rich to get clicks.

Oh thank god, I don't know why I took Rich at his word. I would have been super disappointed in rebirth.

So excite, flash finale got me even more pumped.

ElNarez

Banned
so, reading order for tomorrow is apparently Justice League, then Lois & Clark, then Superman, then Rebirth for maximum effect

How lost am I going to be if I just pick up the latest issues of Justice League and Superman tomorrow? I haven't read Justice League since #23, only ever read Superman #1.

PsychBat!

Banned
How lost am I going to be if I just pick up the latest issues of Justice League and Superman tomorrow? I haven't read Justice League since #23, only ever read Superman #1.

Superman #1? Hooooooo boy. I stopped around when H'el's arc was gonna end and that was already confusing as hell (pun intended). I felt like I needed to read Supergirl and Teen Titans. Jeebus what a nightmare.

I would like to know this as well.

Completely. I know they made it seem like the last issues were going to be huge for the Rebirth status quo, but they are finals to ongoing arcs - Darkseid War and Final Days of Superman. You should probably at least read the arcs in their entirety

Don't know about the former two but MP is just way too much fun.
Manhattan Projects is one of Hickman's best series. It kinda fizzles out at the end without a really solid conclusion but it's worth it for the journey.
MP Vols 2 - 5 for now mine

The first volume was crazy and fun (and crazy fun). The focus on scientists, other worlds, and bizarre aliens/tech made it feel like Black Science's bloodier completely unhinged cousin. Sounds like the series only gets crazier

Zombine

Banned
All you guys are on psn though, right? I think if I did buy it, it would definitely be on PC.

We have a giant group of comicgaf people playing it on the superior PC platform. The one that will have all the characters early and support post the first 6 months.

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

All you guys are on psn though, right? I think if I did buy it, it would definitely be on PC.

Actually, Launchpad, Zombine, Tyrant, GH, and Fauxtrot are all PC.

I would like to know this as well.

Like Lunchpod said, Superman and JL are on the tail end of some pretty huge arcs. It might segue into Rebirth, but that doesn't automatically make it new-reader-friendly.

PsychBat!

Banned
MP Vols 2 - 5 for now mine

The first volume was crazy and fun (and crazy fun). The focus on scientists, other worlds, and bizarre aliens/tech made it feel like Black Science's bloodier completely unhinged cousin. Sounds like the series only gets crazier

Get ready for wacky science mayhem to the Nth degree!

TheFlow

Banned
Completely. I know they made it seem like the last issues were going to be huge for the Rebirth status quo, but they are finals to ongoing arcs - Darkseid War and Final Days of Superman. You should probably at least read the arcs in their entirety

ah thank you for this

Owzers

We have a giant group of comicgaf people playing it on the superior PC platform. The one that will have all the characters early and support post the first 6 months.

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

Blizzard will not turn their back on my PS4 playing, i spent money on hearthstone!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

I can already see the battle lines for the next ComicGaf Civil War forming.

Messi

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

Hahaha nice, all the people nobody likes on one platform.

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

I have it on PC but my internet/TV is still dead. So no overwatch for me

Like Lunchpod said, Superman and JL are on the tail end of some pretty huge arcs. It might segue into Rebirth, but that doesn't automatically make it new-reader-friendly.

Hmmm okay thanks for the info. Can Darkseid War be enjoyed with just Justice League or do I need a bunch of the tie ins? If it stands on its own I might go for it.

Final Days of Superman looks impenetrable, a big crossover that is likely the culmination of a bunch of storylines across several books. Accurate?

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

Actually, Launchpad, Zombine, Tyrant, GH, and Fauxtrot are all PC.

Ooooo...hmmmm. Do I want to read Darkseid War or play Overwatch with you guys? I probably shouldn't do both.

I am bad at shooters you guys. Are you guys bad at shooters?

JTripper

I read some spoiler summaries of Darkseid War. Should that suffice? Is Final Days of Superman even worth reading?

I dropped both series around issue 32.

TheFlow

Banned
I still stand by it that TLoK wasn't nearly as bad as people on GAF made it out to be. Both the game AND the show
Game would of been awesome if they changed up the enemies.

Show was all over the place in quality. Some days you have award winning stuff then other days you have trash

mreddie

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

giphy.gif

Me
GrandHarrier
Launchpad
Tyrant
Poodle
Fauxtrot

It seems like you added an extra name there. We've never played with that guy. :p

Hmmm okay thanks for the info. Can Darkseid War be enjoyed with just Justice League or do I need a bunch of the tie ins? If it stands on its own I might go for it.

Final Days of Superman looks impenetrable, a big crossover that is likely the culmination of a bunch of storylines across several books. Accurate?

Ooooo...hmmmm. Do I want to read Darkseid War or play Overwatch with you guys? I probably shouldn't do both.

DW - yeah, just Justice League, though the tie-ins (particularly the Green Lantern one) are ace. Final Days - the whole story has been told on a weekly basis, jumping between the different series. It's kind of a mess to follow; you'd need a guide. They're not really tie-ins, they all tell the next part of the story.

I read some spoiler summaries of Darkseid War. Should that suffice? Is Final Days of Superman even worth reading?

I dropped both series around issue 32.

Well, I suppose it would suffice, though it's really been a great story. Final Days is a mixed bag.

Hahaha nice, all the people nobody likes on one platform.

D:

I am AWFUL at shooters and I've got technical issues to boot but everybody is so scrubby that I'm consistently top 3 every game anyway.

DW can be enjoyed solo, the tie-ins aren't really at all necessary, but they're also pretty good. GL is EXTRAORDINARY (King/Shaner!), Shazam is great. The others aren't anything to write home about, but not half bad either, other than Flash.

And, yeah on Final Days. It's only 8 issues long, but that's 4 titles, lol.

Fuuuuck I think I am gonna pull the trigger on DW and Overwatch. It's been a completely shitty week so far, I need the boost so fuck it.

I can't believe you guys convinced me to buy Overwatch.

All my loot boxes were sprays and Freeza shot me. This is the worst. More Overwatch at halftime maybe....GOKC!

Actually, I think you just fell on my gun. It happens.

Hype is a hell of a drug. Overwatch bought. I'm weak. :(

Fuuuuck I think I am gonna pull the trigger on DW and Overwatch. It's been a completely shitty week so far, I need the boost so fuck it.

Man, all these people who had no interest in Overwatch falling prey to dat hype.

I've been trying out some other characters at length since I don't want to stick with Pharah all the time. Junkrat is the big surprise in terms of viability. He's got traps and explosives. He's been pretty fun to use so far.

Owzers

You're in an Overwatch thread, it was inevitable. Apparently i didn't know Symmetra had a ranged charged shot for some reason and kept thinking to myself in the beta " i wish i could shoot these people!"

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

it's feels great to play - so many fun playstyles that you're bound to find at least a few you really enjoy

Man, all these people who had no interest in Overwatch falling prey to dat hype.

I've been trying out some other characters at length since I don't want to stick with Pharah all the time. Junkrat is the big surprise in terms of viability. He's got traps and explosives. He's been pretty fun to use so far.

your pharah was pretty good

i need to find an offensive character i click with... been playing a lot of Reinhardt, Lucio with some Mercy / Mei in there.

You're in an Overwatch thread, it was inevitable. Apparently i didn't know Symmetra had a ranged charged shot for some reason and kept thinking to myself in the beta " i wish i could shoot these people!"

Yeah, I kinda forget about it a lot of the time. She seems much better to use when she's on defense in capture games.

I saw those ceiling turrets you like to hide. That's a Freeza trick.

i need to find an offensive character i click with... been playing a lot of Reinhardt, Lucio with some Mercy / Mei in there.

I might give Reinhardt a try. I just got a legendary skin for him in a loot box.

Messi

Actually, I think you just fell on my gun. It happens.

This

Game would of been awesome if they changed up the enemies.

Show was all over the place in quality. Some days you have award winning stuff then other days you have trash
The enemy variety wasn't even my issue. It was the lack of bosses. Particularly a good ol' fashioned Jeanne/Lumen Sage/Jetstream Sam/Megatron/Black Baron-esque Platinum boss. All you fought were mechas and then super siamese spirit, which was cool, but once the mechs became standard enemies, then they shouldn't have been bosses any more.

At no point would I call the show "trash." I've seen enough actual trash to say that TLoK never reaches in the remote proximity of any of those shows at any point in time. The show is flawed, this I cannot deny, but it's never been as bad as I've seen some people make it out to be. I just can't see where it comes from.

Top Bottom