• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

mreddie

Social Media Outrage is funny. It's obvious
Red Skull is fucking with him, "not mind control" sure but no one said he could be a sleeper agent.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
i only have to wait until next week friday, you're doomed. You could always buy it digitally? It's only $3 worth of shame.
I have to check if my digital copy was redeemed since earlier today, but I will wait otherwise. I know the big spoiler and most of the small stuff that people who are deeper involved in DC arent for me anyway.
I just want a good comic and that will work in a couple of weeks, too^^

YaGaMi

Just watched Civil War. Do you guys have any recommendations for Black Panther story arcs that are finished rather than ongoing series

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just watched Civil War. Do you guys have any recommendations for Black Panther story arcs that are finished rather than ongoing series

Priest run is recently recollected in both trade paperback & on comixology - it's also brilliant.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nick Spencer's getting a ton of hate on Twitter. Very sad.

One quote:

@brubaker @nickspencer It's sad that @marvel would prefer to make Steve Rogers a nazi before they would let him be bisexual

Mindwipe

There were some good books here and there, but the New 52 did not even compare to the old DCU in terms of quality.

Ehh, as much as I disapproved of a bunch of specific things Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, to some extent the Flash and Justice League all had pretty good runs coming out of New 52.

Batwoman, Blue Beetle and Green Lantern less so.

@brubaker @nickspencer It's sad that @marvel would prefer to make Steve Rogers a nazi before they would let him be bisexual

Oh for fuck's sake.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Forget Mei

Forget D.Va

Zarya is the true bae

also...comics are cool I guess? ;_;

mreddie

Forget Mei

Forget D.Va

Zarya is the true bae

also...comics are cool I guess? ;_;

image.php

Better change that avatar.

Fine, I guess we can openly talk spoilers now

Captain America says: "Slavery built this great nation, thats what the liberals and so-called intellectuals dont understand"

Lashley

People should remember there was a reaction similar to this when Brubaker brought Bucky back.

Maybe not the same thing, since this won't be as long lasting, but look how that turned out.

Some of the hate Nick Spencer (And Brubaker - Why?) is getting is unwarranted imo, but who gives a fuck im away to read some comics and play some warhammer

mreddie

People should remember there was a reaction similar to this when Brubaker brought Bucky back.

Maybe not the same thing, since this won't be as long lasting, but look how that turned out.

Some of the hate Nick Spencer (And Brubaker - Why?) is getting is unwarranted imo, but who gives a fuck im away to read some comics and play some warhammer

Warhammer isn't Overwatch.

But yeah, I love how Brubaker is getting shit FOR NO REASON for today's Cap.

frye

What's worse is people who do read comics, but not the specific one they're bitching about, and they're acting like they don't know how any of this works.

remember those few days when people thought Sam fuckin Wilson was a statutory rapist

people are morons who have no reading comprehension

Are bullies just not beating up nerds like they used to? Is that why nerds feel so confident and emboldened these days and immediately go on the attack? We should stop these anti-bullying campaigns ASAP.

The list of people Twitter says this is hurting/disrespecting is kinda amazing. Nick Spencer is personally spitting on
Sarah Rogers, Simon and Kirby,
little kids, and BUCKY.

Man, this is sort of ridiculous. I hope Spencer turned his notifications off.

Lashley

Warhammer isn't Overwatch.

But yeah, I love how Brubaker is getting shit FOR NO REASON for today's Cap.

Not into shooters :p

Why do a load of female movie viewers on Twitter, keep wanting the characters to be gay? It's a very weird request

They always have Scarlet Witch, Bucky or Black Widow as their twitter avatar too

anaron

Not into shooters :p

Why do a load of female movie viewers on Twitter, keep wanting the characters to be gay? It's a very weird request

They always have Scarlet Witch, Bucky or Black Widow as their twitter avatar too

They're delusional shippers aka the most mentally unstable part of any fandom.

I'm just dying at the fools who pretend they read comics on twitter getting mad at BRUBAKER for this Cap "reveal"

burn it down

diaspora

People asking Rogers to be changed to be bi is a bit gross. I feel like we can do better than modifying an existing character's sexuality.

Incidentally, this was hilarious:

CxAbVfR.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Spencer was the one who got earlier a lot of hate, too, right? When he let Captain Falcon fight against Racist Tea Party/Hydra dicks?

anaron

People asking Rogers to be changed to be bi is a bit gross. I feel like we can do better than modifying an existing character's sexuality.

Incidentally, this was hilarious:

CxAbVfR.jpg

Seriously, it's really fucking unbearable and borderline homophobic to just want a character to turn bi/gay. Doesn't work like that and it's not who Steve or Bucky are so stop trying to make them that way when there are a bunch of already LGBT characters to develop and create?

Top Bottom