• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Old Man Logan #6
Fucking Reavers. Just assholes. Knew some shit like this would happen. Oh well. Old man's gotta deal out some whoopin'. Also, Sorrentino da gawd.

The Vision #7
This is like 70% heartbreaking and 30% weird as fuck. Aces.

If you have to "worry" about what's going on the rest of the universe, then the universe isn't working. It should just feel like there's a wider story going on.

You don't need to watch Ant-Man to enjoy Civil War, nor do you have to watch Guardians, but if you watch them all, you get the sense of a larger picture.

Bud do we want the universe to remain connected all the time? Sure, when built up and written like Secret Wars, it pays of very well. But how many such great events can you remember in the history of comics? I've had a lot more reactions of "ugh, this random event killed the pace of a run" than a "I wish other superheros/villains were in this book". I think there should be a balance of self-contained runs and universe ending events. If everything is "this is the biggest thing ever", it will feel like watching a movie where all three acts are like an MCU act 3 with ships falling on planets.

Bud do we want the universe to remain connected all the time? Sure, when built up and written like Secret Wars, it pays of very well. But how many such great events can you remember in the history of comics? I've had a lot more reactions of "ugh, this random event killed the pace of a run" than a "I wish other superheros/villains were in this book". I think there should be a balance of self-contained runs and universe ending events. If everything is "this is the biggest thing ever", it will feel like watching a movie where all three acts are like an MCU act 3 with ships falling on planets.

Smaller books should feel relevant. It's hard to articulate further.

tim1138

The final issue of Justice League 3001 was pretty fucking disappointing. Literally no plot points were wrapped up and a new one was introduced in the last two pages and it ended with "To be continued..?"

Messi

Picked up Overwatch completely blind and sunk a good two hours into the game tonight. I basically played a shit ton of Lucio. I can already tell that I'll spend most of my time in a support role, just like I always play medic in TF2. I occasionally swap to snipers for fun, but always go back to heals.

I didn't really have much time to try it other folks...any other suggestions for a healer role? I teamed up with an angel type healer (Mercy?), and we were nearly invincible holding checkpoints down with a tank and attackers. She looked more like an active healer, whereas Lucio boosts speed or healing, but it's all passive AOE.

Is Mercy someone I should try out?

PSN is Tragicomedy, if anyone wants dedicated heals. I don't play until evenings.

Mercy is my hero. You are the best of you play her as she is always needed. Easily the best healer in the game

Hagi

The final issue of Justice League 3001 was pretty fucking disappointing. Literally no plot points were wrapped up and a new one was introduced in the last two pages and it ended with "To be continued..?"

Is it getting continued? I read a few issues of the first run and really liked it, keep meaning to pick up the trades but it wasn't really a priority.

Mercy is my hero. You are the best of you play her as she is always needed. Easily the best healer in the game

Waiting to see what the new healer is going to be like when they finally reveal her.

Just finished American Alien 7. I enjoyed the series as a whole but this was pretty disappointing imo. And I only just realized this was the final issue so its even bigger of a letdown. Good series overall though.

Hagi

God damn I just had the game of my life playing with D.Va (she's so good holy shit) then I got kicked from the servers just as we saw who got play of the game.

tumblr_o78ejmjqqn1toqhm3o2_400.gif

Loots boxes are like digital loot crates in that all I seem to be getting is pointless shit I don't need. Gimme some skins.

DC HYPE THROUGH THE ROOOOOOOF!

IM BACK

FUCK YES OMFG

They certainly have me back into the fold. I'll be pulling more DC than Marvel titles in the next few months than I ever have.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
God damn I just had the game of my life playing with D.Va (she's so good holy shit) then I got kicked from the servers just as we saw who got play of the game.

I love having her on my team when I'm Mercy. So many hitpoints to heal. Just set a new record actually with a little over 7100.

Gotta ask, what's got everyone so hyped when it comes to DC Rebirth?

To me it felt like business as usual with new cards shuffled. Are there going to be new, better creative teams?

Also, Nighthawk #1 is gonna be the most underrated books this week. LOVED it.

I hope this title last a long time. But it's not because most people do not give a damn about any Squadron Supreme member.

Cross post from the other thread.

Just read Justice League>Louis & Clark>Superman>Rebirth in one sitting. It was amazing! Rebirth really packed a lot of emotion. The n52 was my introduction into the DC Universe so this was not an apology to me but more of here is what you have been missing. I guess it was an apology for the mediocre stories I've read from DC in the n52. Directionless stories that lead nowhere, that had no bearing on the overall universe. For all of Dan Didios antics. I don't think he is a bad person, I think he might just be ignorant on good story telling. Think
Love
was my favorite chapter.

Messi

Also, Nighthawk #1 is gonna be the most underrated books this week. LOVED it.

I hope this title last a long time. But it's not because most people do not give a damn about any Squadron Supreme member.

Death clock has begun on nighthawk.

BTW it is a stark difference looking at Comixology and seeing Rebirth is 2.99 and Cap American #1 is 4.99

Hagi

Death clock has begun on nighthawk.

BTW it is a stark difference looking at Comixology and seeing Rebirth is 2.99 and Cap American #1 is 4.99

I was thinking when I saw that all the post Rebirth books I want are £1.99 for us. Even with the double shipping that seems like ridiculous value if you like what you are pulling.

TheFlow

Banned
Gotta ask, what's got everyone so hyped when it comes to DC Rebirth?

To me it felt like business as usual with new cards shuffled. Are there going to be new, better creative teams?

burh how are you going buy a marvel book over rebirth. 80 pages for 3 bucks versus 4-5 bucks for 22

edit:yea what others have said I am basically going to be pulling a shit ton of dc books for the rest of the year. going to drop some marvel books if I have too.

shingi70

Banned
Cross post from the other thread.

Just read Justice League>Louis & Clark>Superman>Rebirth in one sitting. It was amazing! Rebirth really packed a lot of emotion. The n52 was my introduction into the DC Universe so this was not an apology to me but more of here is what you have been missing. I guess it was an apology for the mediocre stories I've read from DC in the n52. Directionless stories that lead nowhere, that had no bearing on the overall universe. For all of Dan Didios antics. I don't think he is a bad person, I think he might just be ignorant on good story telling. Think
Love
was my favorite chapter.

I'd agree with this expect he stories being mediocre. There was some bad stuff but IMO here was a ton of good things as well.

Thanks. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Can't wait to try her skills out later today. I'm hoping I can latch up with a competent tank since that always makes for a fun match.

Slayven

Just read Rebirth, pretty much DC admitting they fucked up the last 10 years. And undoing their fuckery is nice. But the watchman stuff is tacked on as fuck

Owzers

One week until I get Rebirth...surely it won't get spoiled before then.

I should have skipped preordering it and just bought it digitally. Not an awful price and it's not a series.

3 times the marvel baby

edit:

found out Lone wolf and cub is collected in 12 big omnibus volumes. so I like what I read on Unlimited I will buy the whole series physical.

They're manga sized omnis, fyi. I saw them at the shop the other day. They're pretty high quality compared to the Viz 3-in-1s.

8bit

Knows the Score
I thought rebirth was horribly sentimental and not fun, Also, I note that despite Geoff Johns supposedly being off comics he still has a hand in Green Lanterns.

shingi70

Banned
There were some good books here and there, but the New 52 did not even compare to the old DCU in terms of quality.

I guess that's true but the new 52 and this universe I feel is mine since I started reading comics seriously with it.

It gets annoying people shitting on my universe and Superman.

I guess that's true but the new 52 and this universe I feel is mine since I started reading comics seriously with it.

It gets annoying people shitting on my universe and Superman.

Someday someone will tell another good Superman story that's not about him being corrupted and turned evil. I look forward to it.

That was new 52 Superman. I mean Those first arcs is Superman were bad, but Lobdell run onward the book was pure gravy.

As long as there were no more stories about Superman analogues who were just like Superman only evil.

What's that? There were like fourteen? And also he turned evil again in Justice League Darkseid War?

Oh. Hm.

Top Bottom