• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Slayven

They're delusional shippers aka the most mentally unstable part of any fandom.

I'm just dying at the fools who pretend they read comics on twitter getting mad at BRUBAKER for this Cap "reveal"

burn it down

I have no problem with shipping, it is when they get crazy and mad the ship never happems.

Sam and Dean are never fucking, give it up

I read Rebirth! Cross-posting my observations from the Rebirth thread.

1) It's not an ideal "jumping on" point if you aren't super familiar with pre-Flashpoint DC, or even the New 52. There's so little done to introduce characters, as John is rushing to feature as many players as possible and show what's wrong with their current setup. For a guy like me who isn't intimately familiar with a lot of these folks, it's a lot of whatever.

2) Way to much time spent having
Wally
travel around and yelling, "ARRRRGGHGAHGHAG THE SPEED FORCE AARARARAGAGH!" I mean, we're talking 20-30 pages of pure fluff. We got the point the first time. By the fifth, it was ridiculous. Not the best writing from Johns.

3) The moment everyone will remember, the crucial moment where Johns goes for the emotional jugular...was a complete success. The reunion was fantastic. Really tugged at the heart strings, even for a guy like me who doesn't give a shit about one of the characters. Great pay off.

4) Very uneven art work. It ranges from shit to fantastic.

5) The reveal of the
Watchmen
as antagonists is just a mess. We knew that going in based on spoilers, but it's shoe horned to hell and back. Not only does it basically make zero sense (Where the hell have they been the whole time? How have they never interacted with these characters previously?), but it really could paint the Rebirth universe into a corner going forward. Do they really want to make those guys a central focal point? Or is Johns just tossing shit at the wall and hoping we all forget them a year from now? I can't see either option being good. If they become central players in the DC universe...haha.

6) If this was book one of a six issue miniseries, I'd be good with it. As the vehicle for rebooting everything to pre-Flashpoint days, it's not very satisfying. The last dozen or so pages of cover advertisements is obviously pushing this book as the precursor to diving in to the other character storylines, but this issue is incomplete. There's no resolution or even hinting at resolution. I'm not confident other writers are going to just pick up the baton and complete this story.

Owzers

have you tried Lucio? he's a real fun healer

#TeamSupport

I just started playing Lucio last night, seems fun. So far:

Lucio
Symmetra - when defending.
Junk Rat
Pharah

D.va is kinda fun...i just read the her shield goes down if you use your cannons and the whole fling destruct thing. I gotta practice that.

Just read about Smackdown going live and having a brand split/wrestler draft. I'll watch whoever gets Roman Reigns.

IHaveIce

Banned
Tell me which Marvel books of the recent relaunch are to get and good? Which are beginners friendly (my girlfriend wants to jump in, and no she doesn not want to read older arcs for some reason :( )

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Tell me which Marvel books of the recent relaunch are to get and good? Which are beginners friendly (my girlfriend wants to jump in, and no she doesn not want to read older arcs for some reason :( )
Vision.
And get her Ms. Marvel. There are a couple of Trades already released, but the series is amazing.

TheFlow

Banned
I read Rebirth! Cross-posting my observations from the Rebirth thread.

1) It's not an ideal "jumping on" point if you aren't super familiar with pre-Flashpoint DC, or even the New 52. There's so little done to introduce characters, as John is rushing to feature as many players as possible and show what's wrong with their current setup. For a guy like me who isn't intimately familiar with a lot of these folks, it's a lot of whatever.

2) Way to much time spent having
Wally
travel around and yelling, "ARRRRGGHGAHGHAG THE SPEED FORCE AARARARAGAGH!" I mean, we're talking 20-30 pages of pure fluff. We got the point the first time. By the fifth, it was ridiculous. Not the best writing from Johns.

3) The moment everyone will remember, the crucial moment where Johns goes for the emotional jugular...was a complete success. The reunion was fantastic. Really tugged at the heart strings, even for a guy like me who doesn't give a shit about one of the characters. Great pay off.

4) Very uneven art work. It ranges from shit to fantastic.

5) The reveal of the
Watchmen
as antagonists is just a mess. We knew that going in based on spoilers, but it's shoe horned to hell and back. Not only does it basically make zero sense (Where the hell have they been the whole time? How have they never interacted with these characters previously?), but it really could paint the Rebirth universe into a corner going forward. Do they really want to make those guys a central focal point? Or is Johns just tossing shit at the wall and hoping we all forget them a year from now? I can't see either option being good. If they become central players in the DC universe...haha.

6) If this was book one of a six issue miniseries, I'd be good with it. As the vehicle for rebooting everything to pre-Flashpoint days, it's not very satisfying. The last dozen or so pages of cover advertisements is obviously pushing this book as the precursor to diving in to the other character storylines, but this issue is incomplete. There's no resolution or even hinting at resolution. I'm not confident other writers are going to just pick up the baton and complete this story.
You got it wrong Rebirth #1 explains NEW 52 and the #1 titles coming out are the jumping on points smh.

looks like you in the minority on rebirth when it comes to the rest of your opinions

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I just started playing Lucio last night, seems fun. So far:

Lucio
Symmetra - when defending.
Junk Rat
Pharah

Pharah is dope. I want to play more Symmetra though - I usually stick with Lucio / Reinhardt but I'd like another few characters to play when my team is fully tanked/healed.

S6WU206.jpg

Scalera killin it.

Vic_Viper

Make Cap gay is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Not ever superhero needs to be gay and it doesn't add anything to the character.

On a side note, never been a huge Millar fan but his new series Empress has been awesome so far. Hope he can get it out on time though lol. Do we know what Millar and Capullo are working on yet?

Haven't read Captain America:SR or Rebirth yet but Justice League 50 was awesome. Not the ending I hoped for but it was a pretty cool little event. Like how they did the same thing with Darksied as
Remmender did with Apocolypse lol.

You got it wrong Rebirth #1 explains NEW 52 and the #1 titles coming out are the jumping on points smh.

looks like you in the minority on rebirth when it comes to the rest of your opinions

SMH? Really? Nice.

How are the new ongoing titles the jumping on point if this book doesn't actually have any resolution? Johns tosses out three or four major WTF moments, but there is no Rebirth #2 coming out next month.

Do you honestly thing Tom King is going to waste his CIA skills showing Batman facing off against
Joker #3 or fighting Rorschach
? I'll be damned amazed.

I very likely am in the minority with my take on the book. I'm also firmly in their target audience, as someone who is long-relapsed on DC stuff and they want to bring back into the fold. This issue doesn't accomplish that for me at all. Whether the ongoing books do is an entirely different question. I'll go on record to state that after the initial hype wave dies down, more people's take on this book will likely mirror my own, or at least be less full of effusive praise.

TheFlow

Banned
SMH? Really? Nice.

How are the new ongoing titles the jumping on point if this book doesn't actually have any resolution? Johns tosses out three or four major WTF moments, but there is no Rebirth #2 coming out next month.

Do you honestly thing Tom King is going to waste his CIA skills showing Batman facing off against
Joker #3 or fighting Rorschach
? I'll be damned amazed.

I very likely am in the minority with my take on the book. I'm also firmly in their target audience, as someone who is long-relapsed on DC stuff and they want to bring back into the fold. This issue doesn't accomplish that for me at all. Whether the ongoing books do is an entirely different question.
not that srs mane. and yea I am not discussing hypotheticalss with you over a one shot. It wasn't for you no shame in that.

Hasn't he always wore the suit?
I am 3 issue behind but I swore he was wearing this old tattered version compared to the clean suit he has now but I am going back to the issue right now to make sure I am not just being senile.

Edit: I am two issues behind but yea he is currently wearing regular clothes

anaron

I have no problem with shipping, it is when they get crazy and mad the ship never happems.

Sam and Dean are never fucking, give it up

Exactly. I love me some good romance but there's a mutated type of shipper that the Supernatural fandom encapsulates so well that just ruins everything.

Top Bottom