• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Sandfox

I dunno man, this sounds like a relaunch to me: "Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing"

Their first appearance was in last year's Free Comic Book Day issue which should be on CMX.
This is just going to be like the other Marvel Now initiatives.

Messi

I dunno man, this sounds like a relaunch to me: "Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing"

Their first appearance was in last year's Free Comic Book Day issue which should be on CMX.

Nah this is just another reason to have #1s like ANAD.

I am still on my quest to get everyhthing that was ever printed!
I will never accomplish this

Nah, everythings fine, I just thought my collection is not that big at all :D

I might whinge about their prices but Marvel is doing a great job with their Epic collections. Hopefully everything is filled in.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I might whinge about their prices but Marvel is doing a great job with their Epic collections. Hopefully everything is filled in.
They do a couple of overlaying work, the Alien Costume Saga Collections and one of the Epics share a lot of material, but overall they did a amazing job with these.
Including the Classic trades like the Alien Costume or the upcoming Classic Carnage Trade, they have completly filled a gap from like 5-6 years in the recent time.

What's this from? Amazing didn't come out today, did it?
I guess Spider-Man/Deadpool.
Which could confirm that its just a joke, because something like this would happen in Amazing.

aly

Do new readers ever jump on though with these relaunches?

Continuity would still be confusing as fuck for them, it was for me when I began long ago

I think the task is to daunting to most people. My mom asks me all the time where she should jump in on something and I'm like I don't even know wtf is going on sometimes.

I'm guessing it's from ASM 1.5 which came out today. The art seems to match up. But those side stories are designed to be nonessential so it will probably ultimately mean nothing

Edit: never mind I read the last few lines of dialogue it's obviously SM&D
Interesting...

Owzers

i put Howard the Duck on pull list probation, need to read the Squirrelover and issue #7 before keeping #9 on my order. It might be Hellcatted and end up on my MU reading list.

diaspora

I'm guessing it's from ASM 1.5 which came out today. The art seems to match up. But those side stories are designed to be nonessential so it will probably ultimately mean nothing

Edit: never mind I read the last few lines of dialogue it's obviously SM&D
Interesting...

It really isn't. This will probably not be brought up ever again.

ElNarez

Banned
darkseid is a baby now
is one of those things I love but no one is talking about which I don't get because, it's amazing and hilarious

JTripper

darkseid is a baby now
is one of those things I love but no one is talking about which I don't get because, it's amazing and hilarious

I could not stay in "serious comic reader" mode whenever that was shown or mentioned in JL 50 or Rebirth. That moment where
the baby becomes Darkseid and everyone starts attacking him
was hilarious.

ElNarez

Banned
I could not stay in "serious comic reader" mode whenever that was shown or mentioned in JL 50 or Rebirth. That moment where
the baby becomes Darkseid and everyone starts attacking him
was hilarious.

RIGHT? It's fucking great, and I don't get how people can call Johns' work "grim" or "gritty" when, you know,
DARKSEID BABY

Boogiepop

Okay, curiosity, hype, and cheap price got me to pick up Rebirth on Comixology. There's a warning at the start to read (what I'm guessing are) the latest Justice League and Superman issues first. I'm willing to pay the price if that adds to the experience. But is that more of a "you should read these first if you're reading those runs", or a "these add noticeably to this book" type thing? (Skipping ahead in the thread to ask this rather than catching up so I can read people's spoiler discussion on whatever's going on with all this)

ElNarez

Banned
Okay, curiosity, hype, and cheap price got me to pick up Rebirth on Comixology. There's a warning at the start to read (what I'm guessing are) the latest Justice League and Superman issues first. I'm willing to pay the price if that adds to the experience. But is that more of a "you should read these first if you're reading those runs", or a "these add noticeably to this book" type thing? (Skipping ahead in the thread to ask this rather than catching up so I can read people's spoiler discussion on whatever's going on with all this)

It's more "if you're reading these books and Rebirth, start with the books then come back". They don't add much, but you do get the origin of
BABY DARKSEID
OH MY GOD I WILL NEVER BE OVER IT

I was advised to read Darkseid War in Justice League and skip Superman (I did go ahead and pick up Superman 52 anyway but not the whole story). I'm really glad I'm reading Darkseid War first. It's pretty rad. I'm 2/3rds of the way through it and I can't put it down. Really easy to jump into.

It is a lot of comics, though. I think it's 12 issues in all.

JTripper

Darkseid War (leading up to Justice League 50) is worth a read, but not for the price of just wanting to read it to be caught up for Rebirth, since you'll vaguely find out everything you need to know from the other issues in Rebirth itself. I'd say Rebirth is 90% standalone.

Boogiepop

I was advised to read Darkseid War in Justice League and skip Superman (I did go ahead and pick up Superman 52 anyway but not the whole story). I'm really glad I'm reading Darkseid War first. It's pretty rad. I'm 2/3rds of the way through it and I can't put it down. Really easy to jump into.

It is a lot of comics, though. I think it's 12 issues in all.

Darkseid War (leading up to Justice League 50) is worth a read, but not for the price of just wanting to read it to be caught up for Rebirth, since you'll vaguely find out everything you need to know from the other issues in Rebirth itself. I'd say Rebirth is 90% standalone.

If it's good comics, I'm willing to go for it. We talking anything other than the "issues" listed on this page? Mostly just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff.

Edit: It looks like these are just separate one-shots, while the actual thing is just an arc of Justice League, from issue 40 on? Do I need these one-shots, or no? (Man, feels like this impulse purchase is spiraling a tad...)

If it's good comics, I'm willing to go for it. We talking anything other than the "issues" listed on this page? Mostly just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff.

Edit: It looks like these are just separate one-shots, while the actual thing is just an arc of Justice League, from issue 40 on? Do I need these one-shots, or no? (Man, feels like this impulse purchase is spiraling a tad...)

I felt the same way so I skipped the one shots. Doing fine without them. Green Lantern is apparently the best one if you just want to grab one

VanWinkle

Aw man, my wife tried both of our local comic shops and they both sold put of Rebirth by early afternoon :-( I'll have to buy it digital I guess.

Ah, I'm not playing Overwatch very well today. :(

I did get another play of the game as Junkrat, though. :)

Aw man, my wife tried both of our local comic shops and they both sold put of Rebirth by early afternoon :-( I'll have to buy it digital I guess.

It's for the best. We need to ween you off those paper comics.

Messi

I GOT A MERCY SKIN!!!! It was a duplicate of the single skin I already have. 15 coins instead. pls blizzard.

Did anyone read Scooby Apocolypse?

I GOT A MERCY SKIN!!!! It was a duplicate of the single skin I already have. 15 coins instead. pls blizzard.

I really wish they let you sell all the shit you don't want. Goodbye sprays.

I got another legendary Reinhardt skin (I now have two for a guy I barely use) and a legendary Widowmaker skin. I think I have all the skins I can't live without now.

Try that link gketter posted. Some of us got free copies on Comixology from it.

I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link it for you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ok back at work so its time for some comics

Lol

Top Bottom