• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

5d7aa5fa1de1966b2f3691bf238bdd1a.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Or they could just follow the rules set out in the thread. I mean either or.

I meant in general. Or are you so sheltered that the only internet content you see is the gaf comic thread?

Messi

I meant in general. Or are you so sheltered that the only internet content you see is the gaf comic thread?

I only go on this thread and facebook (and that is only real life friends who know nothing about comics). So yes. Even if I didn't only go here it doesn't make it ok for people to openly post spoilers. But lets not make this a thing because every time anything slightly big happens in comics people in here spoil it like they don't know the rules of the thread. I ain't even shocked anymore.

Mindwipe

I bought Overwatch.

Amazon were able to bring it to my house quicker (considerably quicker) than the patch needed so I can actually play it.

I guess I'll be able to turn it on on Saturday.

Cry Havoc #5
This book is fucking weird. It's been fucking weird and it still is. I have no idea what's going on, and it has one of my least favorite sci-fi/fantasy tropes with this
super pregnancy
bullshit. Goddamnit. It's only supposed to be six or seven issues, right? I'll finish it, but goddamn what is this book.

Hagi

I'm reading JSA and just finished the first arc. Weird seeing Kyle and hook hand Aquaman so prominent. This is fun, mullet superman is a thing. Enjoying it so far. What is the origin for Kyle? Feel like I should read how he came about.

I spent the day playing as Mercy (Bae forever) and I learned of two new loves in my life. Symmetra and Lucio. Dat support life.

Lucio is a dream in a disorganized PUG setup. You run around in a group healing everyone while you just shoot people. The speed boost is great, too.

I haven't checked out Symmetra, but the descriptions have her as not being a healer? More like a true support character with turrets and teleports. Sounds fun.

I've only played four hours so far, but it's been almost exclusively as Mercy. Lucio is a good choice when my team is disorganized and not peeling stuff off me. If someone else selects heals, I'm almost always choosing Reinhardt.

At some point I'd like to check out the snipers, but there are two in almost every party. I'll look at the damage dealers if I get bored. Never really my bag.

I'm reading JSA and just finished the first arc. Weird seeing Kyle and hook hand Aquaman so prominent. This is fun, mullet superman is a thing. Enjoying it so far. What is the origin for Kyle? Feel like I should read how he came about.
Kyle Rayner started at the end of GL 50 and emerald night. The arc that had Hal go nuts and the GL Corp was wiped out.

His run starts with 51.
https://www.comixology.com/Green-Lantern-1990-2004-51/digital-comic/10468?ref=c2l0ZS9saXN0L3RhYmxldC9ncmlkTGlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM

I wouldn't say it's great comics but Kyle was always an interesting GL due to being the most creative with the rung due to being an artist. Also his personality was pretty normal. Wasn't to stoic or angsty like the other Earth GLs m

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People are allowed to talk about Overwatch in this thread?

Owzers

People are allowed to talk about Overwatch in this thread?

Overwatch and Cap spoilers is all we're interested in.

OKC game? If anyone shoots the ball but Westbrook and Durant this game it's by accident. All that "trust the other players" stuff is saved for game six.

Rhaknar

Neat. Its cool you are allowed to talk about this videogame here. I was told all Overwatch conversation was to be quarantined in the OT and the OT only because it offends other users.

Like the game is actually Rapelay 2 or something

Rebirth #1 was wild.

I had no idea Vixen was already in the New 52 aside from her cameo in Throne of Atlantis though which comic does she appear in and is it good?

Owzers

Neat. Its cool you are allowed to talk about this videogame here. I was told all Overwatch conversation was to be quarantined in the OT and the OT only because it offends other users.

Like the game is actually Rapelay 2 or something

the key is to have a comics-related avatar so you catch them off guard.

Messi

It finally came!

And because it took a bit longer than he mean it to to, he threw in a sketch. I couldn't decide on what to ask for, so I threw a few options into a randomized and get me a Wiccan.

It's great!

Yo thats dope. Mine should be here this week. He is sending me a sketch too :p Such a nice guy too.

Rhaknar

I bought my first legendary skin today. Black/Red Goth Zarya because Zarya is bae.

Mercy devil will have to wait ;_;

Messi

The nicest! Thank you for helping me figure out how to get that, you're also the nicest.

Hey was he like...what is your fave superhero?

He asked me that after I paid and I was like....uuuuh that odd. Why would he ask that. So I guessed it was for a sketch so I picked someone he might like to draw and I told him Magik and he told me that she is his fave hero of all time lol. What an odd pull by me.

I bought my first legendary skin today. Black/Red Goth Zarya because Zarya is bae.

Mercy devil will have to wait ;_;

Got that Zarya skin and Devil/Valkerie Mercy in boxes today. One of D/Va's premium ones today too.

Rhaknar

Secret Wars Too #1 - what...whats going on here? This is breaking my brain :eek:

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Hey was he like...what is your fave superhero?

He asked me that after I paid and I was like....uuuuh that odd. Why would he ask that. So I guessed it was for a sketch so I picked someone he might like to draw and I told him Magik and he told me that she is his fave hero of all time lol. What an odd pull by me.

Yeah, I figured the same. I'm terrible at picking favorite, though, so I just wrote up a list of ones that would have been cool (Daredevil, Silver Surfer, America Chavez, 90s Cyclops, Groot and Wiccan) and randomized it. Super happy with how it turned out.

Messi

Secret Wars Too #1 - what...whats going on here? This is breaking my brain :eek:

A comic about the troubles of making secret wars and a reason to take the piss out of hickman if I remember.

--

Check out this D.Va triple kill I got today because Reinheart tried to save his team mates and killed them all lol. My new costume is in it too

http://xboxclips.com/RemyWilde/dd8f0679-4118-46a7-ab56-54719901be21

Got a Quad Kill in that game too and no idea how that wasn't play of the game.

JTripper

Man, getting a good random team is damn near impossible on consoles for Overwatch. If anyone is down to play sometime or needs an extra teammate, add me on Ps4.

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

(I apologize in advance for making you type my name out on console)

Owzers

Man, getting a good random team is damn near impossible on consoles for Overwatch. If anyone is down to play sometime or needs an extra teammate, add me on Ps4.

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

(I apologize in advance for making you type my name out on console)

i'm willing to type 5 letters of that. I joined Freeza's game and Spiderthemad today but i can't get anyone to join my group. JOIN ME!

Rhaknar

Secret Wars Too started the show with the showstopper. The rest of the short stories werent that good :(

Top Bottom