• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Zombine

Banned
I finally started reading Y. I like how the first issue was set, introducing all the main players in the time leading up to the incident

Holy crap man you are in for an absolute treat. Book is probably my favorite BKV story.

Speaking of BKV, what's the word on Saga? I'm like 6 issues behind and nobody says a word about it. Anything cray going on or is it just going through the motions?

Messi

Your opinions have been getting worse and worse m8

Pretty soon you'll be reading Valiant.

I wouldn't stoop that low. I already read Zenescope books, that's low enough.

Holy crap man you are in for an absolute treat. Book is probably my favorite BKV story.

Speaking of BKV, what's the word on Saga? I'm like 6 issues behind and nobody says a word about it. Anything cray going on or is it just going through the motions?

It's always great. The last arc was dope but I get the feeling we are all kind of taking some of the greatness for granted as its been going for so long. We are used to having it around

Speaking of BKV. Paper Girls is back next week.

TheFlow

Banned

Couple oh shit moments and one tear jerker. Things work out great for everyone you care about. And oh the chapter ends on a massive bombshell nobody saw coming.

I think I am one of the few who writes something about each image Issue I read.

Deadly class is going to have everyone talking for sure

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Some big stuff happened last chapter.

The challenge mode (or whatever it's called) is where it's at in Overwatch. Every time I try it out I'm grouped with people who seem to know what's going on. Totally different experience then just joining whatever game.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Speaking of BKV, when the hell is chapter 2 of Borders coming out? He said it was coming out soon about 2 weeks ago on Twitter.

Been a long time since the first one came out.

Zombine

Banned
Paper Girls is one of those books I said I was going to read but never bothered to pick it up. Do we know if it's a limited series or what?

Yeah this is a BKV book after all but I just love the book each month. No one does cliffhangers like him.

Kirkman is pretty damn amazing at cliffhangers.

Edit:

OMG http://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...isplay&utm_campaign=Lower Funnel#.V0eyMfT3anM

KTMK179lg.jpg

Messi

Paper Girls is one of those books I said I was going to read but never bothered to pick it up. Do we know if it's a limited series or what?

Kirkman is pretty damn amazing at cliffhangers.

Ongoing. Pick up the trade Cliff Chiang is doing amazing work. The trade is beautiful

TheFlow

Banned
U wot mate. Check it or asap. It gets crazy super super fast but worth a check out.

Can't really be a limited series if we are already getting a second arc. B.k likes to do around 50 issues for series he helps creates. So we will see

Messi

U wot mate. Check it or asap. It gets crazy super super fast but worth a check out.

Can't really be a limited series if we are already getting a second arc. B.k likes to do around 50 issues for series he helps creates. So we will see

He did say Saga was going to be way longer than any of his other work has ever been

Messi

I think everyone but her is capable of being killed off unless he decides to continue the story after her narration.

I am expecting the war to end though for sure.

I will never forgive him for some stuff he did in other books. But you invest in these characters because they are so good. Thats why it hurts when he wants to kill them. It has led to me believing that anyone is fair game in his books. In a lot of other image books you can tell who is safe for the series to continue.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone wanna talk about comics?

My Valiant read through is still going really well. I like a lot more than I don't like. They just got Jeff Lemire to write Bloodshot, and conceptually it's gotten a lot more interesting but the dialogue has suffered a little.

There's a lot of exposition repetition. There's a lot of "now, Bloodshot, you know that [backstory backstory backstory] and that's why 'brief explanation of their current situation]". It's a little annoying when you aren't reading month to month and remember all of the things they're talking about.

george_us

What's a comic?

I have the Lazarus HC2, Descender Vol. 2, Black Science Vol. 4, and all three Deadly Class TPs coming tomorrow. I still need to finish the Invincible Compendium, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Shutter Vol. 3 tho.

TheFlow

Banned
I will never forgive him for some stuff he did in other books. But you invest in these characters because they are so good. Thats why it hurts when he wants to kill them. It has led to me believing that anyone is fair game in his books. In a lot of other image books you can tell who is safe for the series to continue.
Yea I call it the walking dead syndrome. You go in expecting your favorite to die.

Remender likes to kill a lot of characters to but I kinda feel his deaths coming Unlike saga.

Like remember when we all thought
lying cat
was about to die. I was legit shook

Zombine

Banned
That's been up for pre-order for a couple months now.

It's pretty cool. Those statues are janky as fuck though. I still like my Magik one...even if she is hollow like a chocolate Easter bunny.

My Valiant read through is still going really well. I like a lot more than I don't like. They just got Jeff Lemire to write Bloodshot, and conceptually it's gotten a lot more interesting but the dialogue has suffered a little.

There's a lot of exposition repetition. There's a lot of "now, Bloodshot, you know that [backstory backstory backstory] and that's why 'brief explanation of their current situation]". It's a little annoying when you aren't reading month to month and remember all of the things they're talking about.

Ive tried to start Valiant stuff but I legit can't get into it. I think I like Ivar. It's pretty accessable.

What's a comic?

I have the Lazarus HC2, Descender Vol. 2, Black Science Vol. 4, and all three Deadly Class TPs coming tomorrow. I still need to finish the Invincible Compendium, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Shutter Vol. 3 tho.

I should seriously read Shutter. I always love looking at the Art!

It's pretty cool. Those statues are janky as fuck though. I still like my Magik one...even if she is hollow like a chocolate Easter bunny.

Yeah, I never bought any of the ArtFX+ figures except for the Aliens series that they're currently putting out. 1/10 scale Aliens are still a decent size, as it turns out.

I don't even read chew and know which death you are talking about

Probably
Toni. Or Poyo.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, I never bought any of the ArtFX+ figures except for the Aliens series that they're currently putting out. 1/10 scale Aliens are still a decent size, as it turns out.

Probably
Toni. Or Poyo.
Wait wait wait wai say it is not true.
ponyo died? Ye right don't believe it

I need to pick up the two big chew editions before they become hard to find.

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, just read volume 2 of Jem. And yeah, huh... I still enjoy it regardless, but that really does feel like a book that live and dies by the art. Was all over the place with the artists in that volume, and some of the stuff I was really feeling, but my enjoyment was definitely heavily effected by how I felt about the art in each chapter...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Knee deep in these IDW Transformers comics. Went ham on some volumes of the main series and More Than Meets The Eye. My confusion on what is going on has started to minimize. I guess they occur

Afterlife with Archie #9 is definitely going to get read tonight at some point. Sabrina last week and Afterlife this week...I'm in some type of magical dream.

Messi

Oh yeah, just read volume 2 of Jem. And yeah, huh... I still enjoy it regardless, but that really does feel like a book that live and dies by the art. Was all over the place with the artists in that volume, and some of the stuff I was really feeling, but my enjoyment was definitely heavily effected by how I felt about the art in each chapter...

Next issue is Sophie Campbells last issue on art

Is Empowered any good.
I mainly want it cause I like the lips.

It's good. Also pretty lewd. Nothing that would bring it into the arena of blatant erotica, as there's no nipples or anything, but it skirts the line pretty close at times. One thing I'll say that I really like about the artwork is that it's very much what you'd expect from an American artist drawing in a manga style.

TheFlow

Banned
"Stand by Me meets War of the Worlds". That sounds up my alley.

It is definitely a quality book among quality books if that makes sense.

Also If I ever had to recommend a new ongoing series for a monthly book club it would be Paper girls. There is enough stuff to talk about per issue with a wtf moment after each issue.

I didn't like Empowered. I only read the first volume though

Felt like a metacommentary for a type of comic book storytelling that barely exists anymore

I feel like I need to read ten or so more issues before I recommend Paper Girls to people. Book is so crazy.

Top Bottom