• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

tim1138

Today's my birthday wooh!

List:
BATMAN REBIRTH #1
GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
DEADLY CLASS #21
MOON KNIGHT #3
PAPER GIRLS #6

Happy birthday Flow!

What does your list of top-tier creators look like?

By top-tier, I mean creators for whom you will
a) buy any book
b) stick with it for a long time even if it sucks because you have faith it will turn around

These should be active creators who are currently making some of your favorite books.

It's almost all writers for me:

Jonathan Hickman
Rick Remender
Greg Rucka
Ed Brubaker
Brian K. Vaughan
Fioana Staples
(Honorable Mention: Christopher Priest, who isn't really active at the moment but is about to be! Yay!)

Jason Aaron, Nick Spencer and Tom King are all close to being added to the list.

Grant Morrison
Geoff Johns
Chris Burnham
Ryan Browne
Nick Pitarra
Christian Ward
Skottie Young
Steve Orlando
Jeff Parker
Doc Shaner
Mike Allred

Happy birthday Flow!

Grant Morrison
Geoff Johns
Chris Burnham
Ryan Browne
Nick Pitarra
Christian Ward
Skottie Young
Steve Orlando
Jeff Parker
Doc Shaner
Mike Allred
You're a man of refined taste

For me
Auto buy:
JHWIII
Travis Charest
Bryan Hitch
Frank Quitely
Tula Lotay
James Harren
Tradd Moore
SGM
Marcos Martin
Manara
Ribic
Sergio Toppi
Mike Del Mundo
Jerome Opeña

Writers on near auto buy
Morrison
Hickman
Gaiman
Remender
Kot

VanWinkle

Happy birthday, TheFlow.

I think I might buy Batman Rebirth #1 just to try it out. I will wait for the trade after that.

Nei Ruffino deserves a mention, too. She did the colors on a lot of the GL books leading up to Blackest Night. Very vibrant colorwork in those issues.

Moose Baumann who did a lot of Johns' GL stuff is incredible too.

PsychBat!

Banned
Today's my birthday wooh!

List:
BATMAN REBIRTH #1
GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
DEADLY CLASS #21
MOON KNIGHT #3
PAPER GIRLS #6
giphy.gif

Hurry ed, before it's too late!
just did. didn't realize the deadline was this week when you told me about it haha

edit: dudes can't fucking read

'post one sample page here'

*cavalcade of images*

double edit: why is James Harvey posting on millarworld forums

you already got a job dude that job is telling dc how they should have colored DKIII covers

Some great art being submitted tbf
buncha spanish sounding jobbers in there

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hate it when people I hold dear plan their future and tell me about it and it means that they have to leave me and I have to be yay for them.

Makes me feel incredible bad and afraid of the future.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Nah, you're just afraid of change. But that's all life really is.
I know. but Its horrible.
I dont have many friends (...like two... :( ) and usually dont have a big issue with beeing alone, since she always avaiable on my phone and communicate a lot with her in that way, but I already know how it is when we fight and its the worst. I am just afraid. Really afraid.

What does your list of top-tier creators look like?

By top-tier, I mean creators for whom you will
a) buy any book
b) stick with it for a long time even if it sucks because you have faith it will turn around

These should be active creators who are currently making some of your favorite books.

It's almost all writers for me:

Definitely writers for me too. But still, nobody I would consider an automatic buy, everyone has hits and misses.

Authors whose series I will always give a shot, even if the pitch doesn't interest me

Warren Ellis
Kurt Busiek
Grant Morrison
Greg Rucka
Mike Mignola

And Stan Sakai and Don Rosa, but I don't see them ever doing anything new other than their main series (and Don Rosa not even that).

frye

None of "those guys" are writers for me because all my favourite writers have had really awful or ugly or otherwise uninteresting comics at one point or another. A new Geof Darrow or Frank Quitely comic though, and I'm there probably no matter what

e: having just said that, it came to mind that I'll probably always read whatever Brubaker is putting out with Phillips at the moment, even the lesser stuff tends to have a baseline level of professionalism and competency

I dont have many friends (...like two... :( ) and usually dont have a big issue with beeing alone, since she always avaiable on my phone and communicate a lot with her in that way, but I already know how it is when we fight and its the worst. I am just afraid. Really afraid.

Make some new friends. You really can't become over-reliant on one person and make them solely responsible for your emotional well-being. I know it's hard to find people that aren't trash, but they're out there.

Zombine

Banned

Well. There's always me. 🌝

shingi70

Banned
I know it's hard but the best thing I can say is just go places and talk to people. Cons and other places hat carry your interests are also good places to start.

Zombine

Banned
If any of you are planning on going to NYCC I'm always chillin just hanging out taking to all sorts. It's a legit place to meet new people.

tim1138

just did. didn't realize the deadline was this week when you told me about it haha

edit: dudes can't fucking read

'post one sample page here'

*cavalcade of images*

double edit: why is James Harvey posting on millarworld forums

you already got a job dude that job is telling dc how they should have colored DKIII covers

buncha spanish sounding jobbers in there

will I get a finders fee when you eventually land one of these gigs? :D

arkon

In terms of writers:

Simon Spurrier
Grant Morrison
Kurt Busiek
Roger Langridge

A fair bit of recency bias there but generally they've written stuff that's stuck with me the longest. Honourable mentions: Dysart, Van Lente, Arcudi.

Artists:

Tony Moore
James Harren
Geoff Darrow
Skottie Young

Honourable mentions: Stokoe, Milonogiannis, Roy.

I'm probably forgetting loads too.

Messi

Batman Rebirth #1
Green Arrow Rebirth #1
Green Lanterns Rebirth #1
Superman Rebirth #1

Deadly Class #21
Discipline #4
Paper Girls #6

A-Force #6
All New All Different Avengers #10
All New Wolverine #9
Amazing Spider-Man #13
Civil War #1
Contest of Champions #9
Invincible Iron Man #10
Moon Knight #3
Old Man Logan #7
Punisher #2
Spider-Man 2099 #11
Spider-Woman #8
Spider-Women Omega #1
X-Men 92 #4

Giant Days #15
Miss Fury #3
Dawn/Vampirella HC

Messi

God DAMN. Can I get a print of that without all the uggo text?

Only ones I have seen get a print was Anka's one of Baal. It was because people begged him and the wicked team lol. You know why. The thirst is real. Other one was Tula's Tara one and now that one sells on Cadence Comic art I believe.

I'd love a print of the first cover but they sold out pre #1 and I hesitated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spider Woman #1 - aw look at Porcupine being all super hero-y. Good for him. Loved this book, super interesting idea and auper interesting character to do it with (Jess never did seem like the mother type). Loved the MIB style Alpha Flight medical instalation also. I assume this has been canceled also? :/

Messi

Spider Woman #1 - aw look at Porcupine being all super hero-y. Good for him. Loved this book, super interesting idea and auper interesting character to do it with (Jess never did seem like the mother type). Loved the MIB style Alpha Flight medical instalation also. I assume this has been canceled also? :/

Still going, just finishing up a really cool crossover event with Spider-Gwen and Silk. The book is still really fucking strong even if the sales aren't great.

Sandfox

It hasn't been canceled.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yay. Did the baby pop out yet and if so, do we know who the baby daddy is?

Top Bottom