• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Man I really hate how some people write Scottish characters, reading through the first arc in Johns Flash and McCulloch Mirror Master is dropping ye and ta like nobodies business. Everybody in comics talks like a 65 year old man from Glasgow but without cunt being every fifth word.

Was surprised to see that Cold and Mirror Master already know that Wally is the Flash.

Yea Wally doesn't keep a secret identity

Huh, I never realized that The Mask was based on a fucked up comic. Do the comics still hold up?
that exhaust pipe rape is mild as shit OP, the original script was actually more in line with the horrifying violent nature of the original comic that you mention

960.jpg

so idk maybe a remnant of that made to be funny

He'd be better than the other candidates. He'd make ISIS do the job, brother!

I'd be willing to bet it never comes back

So here I am with my thoughts of you
And this world I've left for me
Stoic faces when I think of you
And how I once believed
So now you call me, but you know I won't let you through
I've myself to decieve
So leave the memories alone
I don't want to see
The way it is, as to how it used to be
Leave the memories alone, don't change a thing
And I'll hold you here in my memory

Think I'm going to drop $75 on that Fable fortune Kickstarter.

No.

I think you'll get the least amount of Hal Jordan in that book.

But the most Sam Humphries. Truly, you cannot win them all.

Messi

Rat Queens has been shit since the end of volume 2. They clearly have no idea what they are doing anymore. At least the hardcover collects all the good issues.

Rat Queens has been shit since the end of volume 2. They clearly have no idea what they are doing anymore. At least the hardcover collects all the good issues.

I wouldn't say "shit", but the early volumes were much better. I honestly had trouble following what was going on in Demons at times and the delays did not help. I have a high tolerance for fantasy bullshit, but there was just too much. To use the D&D metaphors the creatives like, it was like a game where each of the party goes on a solo moment and the DM has to awkwardly bring them together because hey, this is Dungeons & Dragons and the party hasn't had a fight for awhile. Also the best player quit the game and wants to be written out but the DM wants to leave things open (though that's just my bias).

Also, as much as that was my favourite avatar, a big part of me now wishes I'd picked a different character for my Ed-issued avatar. Now I just feel sad when I see it, for many reasons.

I still need to buy that hardcover, but I think at this stage it would be like pouring salt into a fresh wound.

4SUSXXt.gif

Started reading the Kirby Omnibus v1. Collects some odds and ends of Kirby's various works at DC.

Some nice Twilight Zone type of tales. Short and with fun twists. Starts off with some predictions for the future. (This was from 1946 I think).

While some seem to have panned out somewhat.

Others might be a little more difficult to achieve.

Trying to decide if I want to spend 105 dollars on the rachel rising omnibus :/

I think there's a regular omnibus coming too, but not sure if HC or paperback.

TheFlow

Banned
I mean for 75 bucks it gotta be hc. that is all I care about. don't care for extras

if it is not hc I can jsut pick it up on Cmx for less than 50

Messi

link? damn paperpack for a 42 issue series :/ in 2016

Pretty sure it's a financial thing. The reason Rachel is over is because he couldn't afford to keep going with the sales the way they are. The black edition is limited for huge fans and he can get exactly the amount of copies he needs. The other hardcovers he has made like this all sold out pre-sale and seem to go for $$$ on eBay.

TheFlow

Banned
looks like there will be a wide release hc version this fall XD
CjeHZwgWEAAwh_K.jpg

CjRd7AfUkAAJ-MJ.jpg:large

Pretty sure it's a financial thing. The reason Rachel is over is because he couldn't afford to keep going with the sales the way they are. The black edition is limited for huge fans and he can get exactly the amount of copies he needs. The other hardcovers he has made like this all sold out pre-sale and seem to go for $$$ on eBay.
the strangers in paradise hc was on amazon for so long . wished I bought it.

I wouldn't say "shit", but the early volumes were much better. I honestly had trouble following what was going on in Demons at times and the delays did not help. I have a high tolerance for fantasy bullshit, but there was just too much. To use the D&D metaphors the creatives like, it was like a game where each of the party goes on a solo moment and the DM has to awkwardly bring them together because hey, this is Dungeons & Dragons and the party hasn't had a fight for awhile. Also the best player quit the game and wants to be written out but the DM wants to leave things open (though that's just my bias).

Also, as much as that was my favourite avatar, a big part of me now wishes I'd picked a different character for my Ed-issued avatar. Now I just feel sad when I see it, for many reasons.

I still need to buy that hardcover, but I think at this stage it would be like pouring salt into a fresh wound.

4SUSXXt.gif
I read Demons in about an hour. It definitely felt like something was off compared to the previous volumes. Not just referring to Fowler's art, because as I said, I felt it was serviceable. Something was lacking. Pacing, maybe?

Messi

I read Demons in about an hour. It definitely felt like something was off compared to the previous volumes. Not just referring to Fowler's art, because as I said, I felt it was serviceable. Something was lacking. Pacing, maybe?

It's almost like Wiebe didn't know what he was doing. It got all dark for no reason. Lost its humor roots for the most part. All stuff he admitted to and wanted to fix going forward.

It's almost like Wiebe didn't know what he was doing. It got all dark for no reason. Lost its humor roots for the most part. All stuff he admitted to and wanted to fix going forward.
The scene that really threw me off was when Hannah goes full demon in front of the mirror. I was like "What the fuck is this?" Had to stare at it awhile to figure it out. Not even out of arousal. Just confusion.

Zombine

Banned
This is Image comics tho. Someone else is gonna steal the idea of Rat Queens and make a better book.

"There's always a bigger fish."

-Qui Gon Jin, 1999

Ashby

I think I'm gonna sight unseen pick up that Rachel Rising omnibus you guys have been talking about. I'm a huge SiP fan but somehow Rachel Rising just passed me by, gonna fix that.

Messi

I think I'm gonna sight unseen pick up that Rachel Rising omnibus you guys have been talking about. I'm a huge SiP fan but somehow Rachel Rising just passed me by, gonna fix that.

Good choice.

I just read Civil War 2 #0 off to a good start. Now please tell me Oliver Coipel is doing the art for all of civil war. He is an incredible artist and will make this event look stunning. His she hulk in this issue was drop dead gorgeous. Carol Danvers too. He doesn't do nearly enough work but I'm sure his art takes ages.

His art in Spider-Verse was the best I'm that event by a mile.

Edit : it's Marquez. Still good.

Sandfox

Good choice.

I just read Civil War 2 #0 off to a good start. Now please tell me Oliver Coipel is doing the art for all of civil war. He is an incredible artist and will make this event look stunning. His she hulk in this issue was drop dead gorgeous. Carol Danvers too. He doesn't do nearly enough work but I'm sure his art takes ages.

His art in Spider-Verse was the best I'm that event by a mile.

CWII is Marquez.

Top Bottom