• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forgot to mention that in my struggle to finish the SW tie ins, I read Runaways #4 and it was great. That mini is the biggest case of going from "this issue #1 did nothing for me" to becoming one of my favorite tie ins

Tom King was in the CIA?!?! That's so cool. They should really do some kind of marketing with that, it's a pretty cool angle.

Yeah, he was an analyst. Sheriff of Babylon is apparently the first book DC ever had to run past the CIA to make sure it didn't contain anything classified, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ooooh I really liked Howard The Duck #1, I even liked the short Gwenpool story at the end. Off to a great start, last volume was ok but it didnt do much for me.

shingi70

Banned
What happened to Jeff Lemire, at one point and time his Star was so high, but now he's writing mediocre marvel books. The Valiant was pretty dope and I here good things about his Bloodshot book.

Messi

Ooooh I really liked Howard The Duck #1, I even liked the short Gwenpool story at the end. Off to a great start, last volume was ok but it didnt do much for me.

I like that book. This volume gas been great and the Squirrel Girl crossover is amazing.

areal_HAWK_EYEGETIT.png

VanWinkle

What happened to Jeff Lemire, at one point and time his Star was so high, but now he's writing mediocre marvel books. The Valiant was pretty dope and I here good things about his Bloodshot book.

I haven't read much from Lemire, but I LOVED his Green Arrow run.

All-New Hawkeye kind of seems to have been the turning point. He came off of Green Arrow (which wasn't actually all that well written, but that ART), went on Hawkeye immediately after, and things fell right off a cliff.

And JC already posted the real hawk-eye moment.

VanWinkle

All-New Hawkeye kind of seems to have been the turning point. He came off of Green Arrow (which wasn't actually all that well written, but that ART), went on Hawkeye immediately after, and things fell right off a cliff.

And JC already posted the real hawk-eye moment.

Welcome back, Poodle. What did you do in your time off?

TheFlow

Banned
Can't see JC pic

Lemire should honestly stick to anything not marvel.

Essex County is still his best work but let's be honest that is a masterpiece

Yeah, he was an analyst. Sheriff of Babylon is apparently the first book DC ever had to run past the CIA to make sure it didn't contain anything classified, lol.

Yeah, that definitely did not happen. Nobody in Langley sat down and redacted shit in a Tom King comic book. Nobody in the Agency even remembered who Tom King was until he started invoking their name. There's nothing in that book that even approaches the realm of classified data. You can read more realistic stuff in Zero.

Shit is getting ridiculous. The dude writes comics. He writes them well. He's great, even. It'd be one thing if this was a DC marketing gimmick, but Mr. King is pushing this shit hard. The fact that he even refers to himself as a CIA "agent" is hilarious, when analysts and agents are entirely different things.

Messi

Yeah, that definitely did not happen. Nobody in Langley sat down and redacted shit in a Tom King comic book. Nobody in the Agency even remembered who Tom King was until he started invoking their name. There's nothing in that book that even approaches the realm of classified data. You can read more realistic stuff in Zero.

Shit is getting ridiculous. The dude writes comics. He writes them well. He's great, even. It'd be one thing if this was a DC marketing gimmick, but Mr. King is pushing this shit hard. The fact that he even refers to himself as a CIA "agent" is hilarious, when analysts and agents are entirely different things.

Can we call you CIA Agent Tragicomedy?

Can we call you CIA Agent Tragicomedy?

I've been called worse!

Interestingly enough, I know a handful of people who have worked at NCTC for well over a decade. I'm going to ask them if they've ever heard of Tom King. I already know the answer.

I'm fine with people pushing false or overblown credentials. I get it. That's like 95% of politicians these days. I just find it offensive when they purposefully use incorrect labels and terms interchangeably to try and muddy up matters. Since our last discussion on this, I've seen interviews where King refers to himself as an "operations officer" (he wasn't), a "CIA agent" (he wasn't), and an "analyst" (he was). Those are WORLDS apart in both reality and the connotations that come associated with them.

This latest bullshit about having to vet everything he writes through the Agency...I MEAN LOL. Hell, any US citizen can just submit a Freedom of Information Act request to the CIA and see how full of shit he is in 20 business days. Nobody is reviewing Tom King comics to prevent exceptionally grave damage to US interests. Not that I'd expect comics journalists to, you know, actually question stupid claims and do some digging. There's not enough room left when your column is unadulterated praise.

Top Bottom