• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

all new hawkeye is still ongoing

edit: it ended? damn didn't someone here say that they are going to do another series

Just hinted in the letters from the editor after.

Also i was reading ant mans two most recent issues and Kate comes to hang with Cassie and she is about to say they can try do something but gets interrupted. Cassie then gets powers again. So maybe they are gonna do new avengers again?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just hinted in the letters from the editor after.

Also i was reading ant mans two most recent issues and Kate comes to hang with Cassie and she is about to say they can try do something but gets interrupted. Cassie then gets powers again. So maybe they are gonna do new avengers again?

You mean young avengers

Messi

You mean young avengers

Mistyped. But yes.

Cass is complaining about being normal again and missing being in a team and Kate says "I do miss you Cassie, maybe we could..." them her phone cuts her off and Kate bolts.

Kate also goes solo at the end of All New Hawkeye.

It all fits.

CALL AMERICA

Owzers

Darth Vader #5 and Punisher #3: I only read semi-boring comics on MU apparently. Vader is checking out a base that is supposed to have some of his replacements, the Punisher gets on a rooftop searching for a gang. Who can read comics at a time like this, the greatest time, Trump time.

Trump will be our best president yet, he'll get rid of all the stuff you don't like and replace it with great great things. Because that's what we have to do people. For starters, Ales Kot is taking over Green Lantern. We're also going to get rid of Valiant and replace it with something much better, like a house plant.

ElNarez

Banned
Trump will be our best president yet, he'll get rid of all the stuff you don't like and replace it with great great things. Because that's what we have to do people. For starters, Ales Kot is taking over Green Lantern.

you joke, but, honestly? a lantern book that goes in deep on how fucked up the police is through metaphor is right up my alley

like, mogo as cosmic homan square where the lanterns do bad shit, let's fucking do this

Did you hear about how Tom King singlehandledly thwarted 15 terrorist attacks.

Not single-handed, but this may actually be true, albeit in a very indirect manner. Analysts put in good work. NCTC and DCTC folks uncover plots all the time. Someone's got to tell the Feds and spec ops folks where the bad guys are. That's us intel weenies.

you joke, but, honestly? a lantern book that goes in deep on how fucked up the police is through metaphor is right up my alley

like, mogo as cosmic homan square where the lanterns do bad shit, let's fucking do this

Wait, isn't Mogo still dead from DC's "let's kill off all of Alan Moore's creations" phase?

Trump will be our best president yet, he'll get rid of all the stuff you don't like and replace it with great great things. Because that's what we have to do people. For starters, Ales Kot is taking over Green Lantern. We're also going to get rid of Valiant and replace it with something much better, like a house plant.

XBQzfog.gif

Owzers

i think silly gif form is the only way i can tolerate Ted Cruz. I was serious about wanting Kot on Green Lantern though, even though i didn't like the ending to Zero i still liked it overall as well as his Secret Avengers run.

shingi70

Banned
Just noticed Scribd has every by Valaint up until January. Think I'm going to use the free trail to catch up, then drop my Star Wars pulls and replace them with Valiant books.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whooooooa just had my mind blown a little bit. Hope Van Dyne wasnt made up for the Ant Man movie, she actually exists in the comics... in the MC2 universe of all places :eek: She even has the hair like Evangeline Lily had in the movie. Thats pretty cool.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Whooooooa just had my mind blown a little bit. Hope Van Dyne wasnt made up for the Ant Man movie, she actually exists in the comics... in the MC2 universe of all places :eek: She even has the hair like Evangeline Lily had in the movie. Thats pretty cool.

There is nothing cool about that hair!

Rhaknar

Finished Future Imperfect, it was alright, you can tell Peter David really cares about that universe.. the problem is I dont :/

Also finished Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars and again, it was alright. Its innofensive silly fun. It made me want to read the og SW so theres that.

The standout tonight is shockingly Spider Island which I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish and was better than it any right to be. Great art, really liked them using various transformations to counter the spider virus, Agent Venom front and center which is always fun, and the bonus MC2 Mayday Parker story where I saw that Hope Van Dyne thing. Maybe I should read the MC2 books one day.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I read #1's for Extraordinary X-Men, Deadpool, and Nova tonight. I'll be sticking with all 3 for now.

Next up Howard The Duck.

The second Complete Collection of Kyle and Yost X-Force is even bloodier and gorier than the last. Seriously, there's at least three pages of just Wolverine and Archangel just slicing people apart. Oh, and then the brutal shit that happens to X-23. Like, fuck. Review of this is probably gonna be a long one.

In spaaaaaaace

Read Venom: Space Knight. It's so fun.

(expect to be a little lost at first if you've been out of touch with the character for awhile, he's gone through some changes over the past several years, to put it mildly)
This book deserves more love
oh, yeah, I totally am, really.

girl-cute-anime-Love-lab-1044427.gif
mngnwjl.gif

Zemo needs to have this conversation with Tony.

c6rcnLr.jpg
WHERE IS ACUNA ON AN ONGOING? WHERE, DAMN IT?
POODLESTRIKE IS
desperate?
ViewtifulJC's top 10 comic runs

1. Morrison/Case Doom Patrol
2. Ennis/McCrea Hitman
3. Claremont's 80s Uncanny X-Men
4. Morrison Batman
5. Frank Miller/Jenson/BILL SIENKIEWICZ/Mazzuchelli/Varley Daredevil
6. David Lapham Stray Bullets
7. Aaron/Guera Scalped
8. Morrison/Porter/Quitely/McGuinness JLA
9. Bryan Lee O'Malley Scott Pilgrim
10. Fraction/Aja/Wu/Pulidio/etc Hawkeye
107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

Whoever told you that was wrong. Claremont X-Men is one of the all time best runs
hug_zpsrh0zbosn.gif

With Claremont Exiles being one of the shittiest.

:D
And his X-treme X-Men being a level of perfection beyond our understanding. Like one of the Old Ones.
It's about the Major Crimes Unit of the GCPD, with very little focus on superheroes; more about how cops work in a city filled with supervillains, and some pretty heinous regular crime to boot.
This is exactly what I wanted Gotham to be, and they gave me a Bruce Wayne origin story plotline. Fuck that show for doing that. And no, I don't care if it's gotten better. It's not what I wanted, and will forever remain a disappointment in my eyes.
What happened to Jeff Lemire, at one point and time his Star was so high, but now he's writing mediocre marvel books. The Valiant was pretty dope and I here good things about his Bloodshot book.
Old Man Logan is awesome, Extraordinary X-Men is the best X book ongoing right now, and Moon Knight's had a pretty great start. Just because All-New Hawkeye was mediocre (didn't bother reading it past SW), doesn't mean all his books are
you're asking me to give a fuck about a Robert Venditti Green Lantern comic

first mistake
tumblr_m5klrfJJFp1ql1tbw.gif

People behave this way in public?

Yeah sure that'd be cool but also consider: anything to make Green Lantern a readable comic

Very much looking forward to your X-Force review BK. It's a hell of an odd duck
It super is. Like, Remender's Uncanny was dark, but never this visceral or brutal. Same with Spurrier's X-Force.

Also gonna link my review of the first volume, which I will also link in my actual review. I feel like I should start doing that when it comes to reviewing continuous storylines. Like my Inhumans reading.
Get ready for one of the greatest events in DC history.

God it's so fucking good. Mogo vs. Ranx...oh god I need to re-read it.

Calcium

Banned
We need to keep an eye on this Tom King individual. Sounds like he is trying to infiltrate comics.

I can't stop looking at this. It's just so cringeworthy. Why does everything he does have to be so awkward

He manages to somehow punch and elbow his wife in mere seconds. What an asshole.

PsychBat!

Banned
You should post a weird-/creepy-ass gif that expresses your feelings on it.

gketter will whine about it again tho

Also just finished reading Black Widow #2.

Not as good as the first issue but it certainly explains what the motivation was for doing what she did. Samnee is great.

Hagi

Damn Thunderbolts was really good, it's as 90's as I expected. I had no idea
Kobik
would be in it so that's cool. Much better than the Punisher.

Mindwipe

I want to read Final Crisis but I doubt that I will understand everything :(

As long as you make sure you get the two Superman issues that actually explain what the fuck's going on you'll be fine.

Maaaan, I would definitely read a Kot Green Lantern book. That would be great.

Rhaknar

What x-force book is BK reading? Pls say its the super underrated weird ass last volume and not the now cookie cutter awnser "uncanny"

Really liked the first issue of Mockingbird, the humor and mystery really worked and mixed well.

Continue to absolutely love Spider-Woman. Having a kid very recently the issue of her first being home with the baby is so freaking accurate it's hilarious. This may be my favorite ANAD title.

Top Bottom