• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

About to pull the trigger based on discussion here alone. Any good? I like Brubaker but have no clue what this is.

Crime and spy stories are what Brubaker does best. That's beyond question. This is basically Gotham City crime stuff on the non-superhero side. Regular cops like Bullock and Montoya dealing with all these superpowered people running around.

About to pull the trigger based on discussion here alone. Any good? I like Brubaker but have no clue what this is.

It's focused on the GCPD. It's excellent, one of the best Batman stories ever despite having not being focused on him.

I want to read it again now. If I was the thread-making type it would be a good Book Club pick.

Gotham Central is some god-tier comics. Other books have a more special place in my heart, but GC is probably the best thing I've ever read, objectively speaking. That or Doom Patrol.

It's about the Major Crimes Unit of the GCPD, with very little focus on superheroes; more about how cops work in a city filled with supervillains, and some pretty heinous regular crime to boot.

JTripper

Where should I start if I want to get into Doctor Strange? Could I just start reading the new series and have no problem or is their any required early material?

It's focused on the GCPD. It's excellent, one of the best Batman stories ever despite having not being focused on him.

I want to read it again now. If I was the thread-making type it would be a good Book Club pick.

If the book clubs didn't inevitably sputter out into nothingness I would totally get on that.

I think I am going to reread it, though.

Messi

I'm just trying to imagine how Adam Hughes will do interiors, found these two examples,
1fMi0fO.jpg

FmiUFm9.jpg

But an entire comic book, I'm looking forward to the previews just to see how the panels will flow.

He did a batman black and white story that I love.

Can't find the first page but you get the gist. I love the last page.

Gotham Central omnibus, too.

Unfortunately I picked up all the trades for Gotham Central last year. The 4 collections, so that one isn't on the list =(

If I didn't own it already it would be an instant pickup though. I say unfortunately but I have no regrets about it. Was totally worth it at the time.

As a life-long liberal Democrat and advocate for free speech and equal rights, it fascinates me to see when ultra-liberals become ultra-conservatives where they see injustices everywhere and cease to see reason, and start oppressing people who they disagree with. Thanks to the social media, we have entered into a dangerous era of Salem witch trials where no one is safe. Everything is being attacked everywhere in this hypersensitive atmosphere: The movie Grease (Sexualizes teenagers), Road Runner cartoons (Violence against animals), Game of Thrones. (Promotes rape and injustices against women.) The list goes on.
aka i cant be sexist im a liberal
aka i dont fucking understand how free speech works
aka i dont fucking understand nuance or context

Choke on a dick Cho

the next time I see an interesting illustration by Cho will be the first

Messi

Hey Messi, I think you might have looked into this. Does John Timms do his art on digital or paper?

I did look into it. I found some rough work seems to be done on paper. Prelims and such. I can't find definitively if he works digitally. I suspect he does though. Didn't contact him though.

Edit: Under his name on comic art fans he has prelims of interior art that people own. It looks rough though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Batman 51 was a great ending for Snyder's run.

Also, Ultimates single handedly making cosmic Marvel great again.

This looks really good, IST happens to have the first volume half off as well, I'll have to pick it up with my next order. Thanks for the recommendation.

It is a brilliant series. Unfortunately, there's only ever been one trade released. You will have to track down the rest via back-issue bins or eBay.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good on Marvel for having another openly gay protagonist (Angela), unfortunately Queen of Hel #1 didnt do much for me :/

And neither did Drax #1

Messi

Good on Marvel for having another openly gay protagonist (Angela), unfortunately Queen of Hel #1 didnt do much for me :/

And neither did Drax #1

Have you been following Angela before that? If not I can see why it did nothing for you. I doubt the next 6 will change that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have you been following Angela before that? If not I can see why it did nothing for you. I doubt the next 6 will change that.

I was and I really liked it actually. Its why im surprised how little this did for me :/

Zombine

Banned
This week in trades is so fucked up. I've placed two orders so far:
Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 1
Scalped HC vol 4

Amazing Spiderman Omnibus 1
Guardians Omnibus

And I'm thinking about a third with Gotham Central.

Rhaknar

Well keep reading. You have nothing to lose. The book is cancelled now anyway.

They went in so hard on Angela and it sure fizzled out huh? Has there been any word if she will be on any team book or something?

Shes actually one of the upcoming Marvel Heroes characters, surely from a deal made a long time ago lol >_<

Messi

They went in so hard on Angela and it sure fizzled out huh? Has there been any word if she will be on any team book or something?

Shes actually one of the upcoming Marvel Heroes characters, surely from a deal made a long time ago lol >_<

She's in vote Loki and coming back to Bendis Guardians.

The book was great. People didn't buy it.

Marvel won't stop with Angela because this failed.

MG310

aka i cant be sexist im a liberal
aka i dont fucking understand how free speech works
aka i dont fucking understand nuance or context

Choke on a dick Cho

the next time I see an interesting illustration by Cho will be the first

He has to keep them riled up or he won't be able to keep selling that same sketch cover over and over again.

Top Bottom