• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

TheFlow

Banned
That feel when you got comics to look forward to when you get home.

Since sheriff is being written by king and backed by vertigo I know it will get a hc collections

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Flash has a panda alien friend in his book? That sounds like a good book :eek:

edit: err and by Flash I mean Flash Thomson aka Venom

tim1138

Pretty light week for me, but all pretty good.

Rankings:

Midnighter

Midnighter, though, Midnighter was far from the rest of the pack. This issue just had a ton of heart. The series as a whole has served as a huge rehabilitation of my opinion of the character, and this sort of served as the cherry on top. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Rest in peace sweet prince, your book was too beautiful for this world.

TheFlow

Banned
Part 1 of my order came in today. Weighing in at a lil more than 25lbs. Gotta rush to the gym in a bit but I will show pics later

Hands down the biggest box I have ever seen for comics

IST makes sure your comics are protected

Poe Dameron was enjoyable again. Terex is a suitably slimy villain and I'm a big fan of procrastinating TIE fighter pilots.

Zu9PVda.png

Belatedly read Star Wars #18 as well. I enjoyed the Leia-Aphra-Sana dynamic but Aaron does seem to be dragging out the reveal of the villain's identity.

ElNarez

Banned
Man, this new Punisher book can't even fool me into thinking it's gonna be good before I remember I hate the Punisher as a matter of principle.

Even the racist as all hell Edmondson/Gerads run had me for more than one issue. (I think furthest I got on a Punisher run was Rucka, and I dropped at the Vulture issue)

Nudull

Banned
Man, this new Punisher book can't even fool me into thinking it's gonna be good before I remember I hate the Punisher as a matter of principle.

Even the racist as all hell Edmondson/Gerads run had me for more than one issue. (I think furthest I got on a Punisher run was Rucka, and I dropped at the Vulture issue)

As a Punisher book, it was simple, solid and straightforward. Already better than Edmondson's trash.

This is another writing gig for Cloonan, right? I wish she would go back to doing interiors, but she seems to like doing overpriced / severely limited art prints these days.

TheFlow

Banned
fucking gorgeous. love the matte feel of the fatale books

stacked up

After almost 4 years I finally own all of it. Once I finish reading this I am diving straight into Hellboy in hell

p.s gotta make room for the second half of the shipment coming

ElNarez

Banned
As a Punisher book, it was simple, solid and straightforward. Already better than Edmondson's trash.

The first few issues of that run were just straight-forward action, with Frank being just a dude. Seeing him function when he's not filling dudes up with lead was kind of an interesting setup, but it wasn't gonna follow up on that, or be not racist, so it ended where it ended, but man. There was something.

Hm, Humble Bundle has a Kodansha manga pack going on. Worth the money?
I'm sure it's a good deal, nothing in it really catches my eye though. Attack on Titan has ugly art and I tried Sidonia but I couldn't get into it. Would be cool to see something like Princess Jellyfish in it.

Kodansha seems to be really be embracing digital. You can get latest chapters for some of their stuff in English on Comixology now. Cool stuff!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Moon Knight #2

Holy shit this book is awesome. As much as I liked the Ellis/Wood/Bunn run, this new run remembers
Frenchie, Gena, Crawley, and Marlene
exist, and that's all I ever wanted.

Sadist

The Walking Dead #154

Wow, talk about the worst team-up ever.
Well if you're rooting for Negan you'll love it. Dude is awesome again. His talk with the whispers is classic Negan. Him meeting Alpha for the first time... a power couple is born. As for the usual cast, King Carl rocks. Andrea and Maggie having a talk was great. I see you Maggie, you want Sophia and Carl back together. Can't fool me. And aw man, Michonne and Aaron are fucked :( Well Aaron is

Amazing Spider-Man #12

"No" lol. Fun stuff.

Calcium

Banned
Part 1 of my order came in today. Weighing in at a lil more than 25lbs. Gotta rush to the gym in a bit but I will show pics later

You could have just skipped the gym and did some lifts with your awesome IST order. That's what I do. I buy comics to get into some kind of shape, that's the only reason.

Top Bottom