• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

diaspora

Quinoa is delicious.

eUdx3CB.gif

Punisher was okay. Definitely worth a read if you're in to the Ennis stuff.
Are we talking Marvel Knights Ennis Punisher or Max Ennis Punisher? As far as tone and take of the character?

I'd love to have Rucka's Solid Snake/Silent man Punisher to come back. Man that version of the character was so awesome.

I love confident, efficient, quiet action characters. A lot of fun

My best friend once tried to introduce to me anime. We're no longer friends.

This would be great. I don't mind people talking about Olivia Wilde, the nba, wrestling, hearthstone, politics, etc etc because i like those things.

But not anime.

The NBA is the only approved deviation. Particularly, if it involves questioning why the Houston Rockets exist and the Seattle Supersonics do not.

diaspora

Are we talking Marvel Knights Ennis Punisher or Max Ennis Punisher? As far as tone and take of the character?

I'd love to have Rucka's Solid Snake/Silent man Punisher to come back. Man that version of the character was so awesome.

2AtcMnO.png

PsychBat!

Banned

A bit of both. Violence is crazy brutal but not over the top and there is already a villain with a bloody sadistic hobby. There's no internal monologue from Frank so there's a bit of Rucka there too.

Dillon's art is ace here as well.

This would be great. I don't mind people talking about Olivia Wilde, the nba, wrestling, hearthstone, politics, etc etc because i like those things. Even comic talk is acceptable in small amounts.

But not anime.

Anime can only lead to financial ruin. Especially with how shitty the exchange rate to the Yen is now. Comic statues are cheaper.

A bit of both. Violence is crazy brutal but not over the top and there is already a villain with a bloody sadistic hobby. There's no internal monologue from Frank so there's a bit of Rucka there too.

Dillon's art is ace here as well.
Cool. Will check it out when it makes its way to MU. I know it probably couldn't last for super long stretches but punisher is more interesting as a quiet force of nature. Less a person or a character the better.

For different reasons it's why Priests BP was so fun. Seeing this great mastermind do his things from the eyes of an outsider just amped his aura. The difference is when you get peaks at the person it made it great.

For Frank I have no interest of him as a person. So the more detached the better

Stuff like this is why I've really come to start disliking Slott's writing on Amazing.

tumblr_o6o7alVGll1r1uq0jo2_540.png

At some point, Peter stopped feeling like an actual adult and more started resembling a sitcom character. I legit could hear a laugh track in my head the moment he got shut down like that.

For different reasons it's why Priests BP was so fun. Seeing this great mastermind do his things from the eyes of an outsider just amped his aura. The difference is when you get peaks at the person it made it great.

Yeah, I see some people online hating on Ross but I agree that Ross' POV is what gave Black Panther that presence in the book. I remember Coates was talking about in an interview at Kotaku.

It was tough for me to get to, “OK, who is he though? Who was this dude?” And I think what Priest was doing, a) you got this white audience, and I think on top of that, what he was trying to construct was a mystique. When you do a mystique the functions of this cat are not as important. You actually want him out of a move a little bit.

http://tmi.kotaku.com/spoiler-space-more-from-ta-nehisi-coates-on-black-pant-1769472432

TheFlow

Banned
How is the binding on those? I really want to pick those up but some recent Image hardcovers are scaring me off. Are they sewn?

I really need to get those Hellboys as well.
The binding is glue but zero gutter loss and the pages actually stay still. Plus the deluxe editions are slim books so no worry about pages falling out.

Def a good buy

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished TPB Vol 2 of Hitman. Totally loving it still.
It really reminds me of Preacher so far. And that's basically the highest compliment I could give it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The last few issues of Nova have been a good read.

I liked issue #1, it nails the teenage kid trying to be a superhero on the side.

Also Marvel Zombies was fantastic and now we have no Elsa again. Damn it Marvel get your act together :/

dollar bins rule

yeah, i've been finding a bunch of cool shit lately. I bought a few Sienkewicz The Shadow comics there the other day as well, just missing the #1. also a random issue of Nexus, and an issue of Batman: 10 Nights of the Beast which I think hasn't been collected

Ah yes, the critically acclaimed writer of JLA: Act of God.
Sometimes people write bad comics but I have a good feeling about this one

Messi

How many books did you read today that had
TWO Dazzlers in them
?

Spoilers for all books released today by marvel in that bracket.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A-Force was great, made me excited about the anad book. The artist was fantastic, but that seems to be a thing with most SW tie ins. Making some good progress on the tie ins now, not many left.

Top Bottom