• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Midnighter 12

Awwwww that ending!

Moon Knight 2

I have so little background on MK but this is pretty trippy and cool.

Rest of DC: ZZZzzzzzz Rebirth yet? Flash at least ended interestingly, but GA was godawful, I really hate that this book isn't getting changed up more in Rebirth.

Oh yeah, Bloodlines is pretty cool, but not really anything great.

Zombine

Banned
Someone stop this Manga GAF incursion event. Where are the New Avengers?

Oh my god...

The timelines are converging...

confid-marvel-anime-verse-jpeg-226678.jpg

Messi

A-Force was adorable this week, and Ben Caldwell's art is perfect. Though he does draw Captain Marvel's face as if she were a 40 year-old dude.

Unfollow was really good, too. I wish Marguerite Sauvage was the regular artist. Her style really fits with the book.

Dat ending though.
Poor Nico

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hitman is so good.
McCrea's art is just getting better and better too. The first TPB I didn't really like his art, but now I'm really loving it.
And man, Ennis really is the master of dialogue. He does genuine, realistic dialogue better than almost any writer in any medium.

I mean it sets up a pretty interesting premise, but this first issue just seems bland and minimal. I really dislike the nice and neat design of Castle, he just seems to stand out so damn much.

shingi70

Banned
"Were more then friends Bruce, were super friends". It's almost your a real Hawkeye level of bad but it's saved by the interaction between Bruce and Clark.

Screw it. Put in an order for Rachel Rising Omni...gonna push my real orders back a bit though. Oh well nothing that should go oop soon.

TheFlow

Banned
How is the story broken up in that case? Like, would you recommend the hardcover out now if I'm looking for a satisfying read that is at least somewhat self contained? Is there a full story arc that's complete at this point or is it an ongoing epic?
The story is divided up by years.

The second year just ended so we will be getting a hc announcement later this year for sure. Same with saga

Kipp

Screw it. Put in an order for Rachel Rising Omni...gonna push my real orders back a bit though. Oh well nothing that should go oop soon.

Wait wait wait, what!? Is that out already!? I didn't even know the series was over! So excited now.

Messi

Wait wait wait, what!? Is that out already!? I didn't even know the series was over! So excited now.

June only via terry Moores website for this limited omni. Paper omnibus in winter. Rachel Rising was essentially cancelled as it wasn't selling.

I've heard it's average to bad. Take from that what you will

The first arc had promise but then suddenly shifted gears and felt weird and rushed then the second arc started out weird and ended up cool but then went to a pretty terrible arc that had another rushed horrible ending. I've hated it, but at the same time feel like he could do something good if he was just tries less maybe? Each arc felt like it had huge ideas but then was executed so small and poorly while having this theme of beating you over the head with social commentary in every single arc.

I'm not excited at all for his GA Rebirth stuff. It's been a somewhat personal bane just because the arcs have felt like they could be good but turn out just so bad.

I surprisingly didn't love the Morrison Batman run. I just generally prefer more straightforward storytelling. I respect the guy, and he's written some stuff I love, but I don't LOVE his style.

That's a fair assessment. The dude seems to always aim straight for the sky, but falls short by the time he wraps things up. I'm all about people taking chances with properties and trying to shake things up. The whole International Club of Heroes business is a huge miss for me, but I'm sure some people enjoy the callback.

Less than 14 hours, made it spoiler-free. Yay, me!

Everyone dies.

Kipp

June only via terry Moores website for this limited omni. Paper omnibus in winter. Rachel Rising was essentially cancelled as it wasn't selling.

Hmm... $105 after shipping. Might have to just wait for the paperback omnibus as it'll probably be like $30-40. I'll think about it though.
Such a shame to hear that it was cancelled. Was he at least able to wrap the story up in a way that made sense?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What did people think of the Punisher?

I mean, it was all right, but where's the hook? He just kills people, big whoop. That's what he does.

Calcium

Banned
It's almost depressing how much I've enjoyed getting back into Spider-Man. I should've been reading Spidey since I got back into comics.

What did people think of the Punisher?

I mean, it was all right, but where's the hook? He just kills people, big whoop. That's what he does.

That's pretty much all he ever did. Except that time he took that one woman under his wing and taught her how to be good at killing too.

It's almost depressing how much I've enjoyed getting back into Spider-Man. I should've been reading Spidey since I got back into comics.
I feel you. First thing I did when I got back in was buy an X-Men book, and now I need to read an X-book on the regular or else children die

Messi

Hmm... $105 after shipping. Might have to just wait for the paperback omnibus as it'll probably be like $30-40. I'll think about it though.
Such a shame to hear that it was cancelled. Was he at least able to wrap the story up in a way that made sense?

The last issue isn't out yet

Calcium

Banned
I feel you. First thing I did when I got back in was buy an X-Men book, and now I need to read an X-book on the regular or else children die

That's exactly what I did. I bought nothing but X-books for like 2 months, then I slowly took the plunge and started buying everything. Superior Spider-Man was the Spidey book at the time so I passed on it because I was looking for Peter Parker good times. I didn't get around to correcting that for a couple years. Sad.

Someone stop this Manga GAF incursion event. Where are the New Avengers?

Oh my god...

The timelines are converging...

That Punisher anime is actually up on Netflix.

Dat ending though.
Poor Nico

Eh, she's just
evil, not dead

IGN said it was an 8.

IGN gonna IGN.

Don't care for it. Welp there is another book off the list.

tumblr_nasmgimSde1tgqi3co1_500.gif

Aw, Blackest Night wasn't that good? I was looking forward to it.

It was good, just very large in scope. It was a DCU event and not something that was contained in the GL books. So it kind of felt less focused than Sinestro Corps War.

Messi

That Punisher anime is actually up on Netflix.

Eh, she's just
evil, not dead

IGN gonna IGN.

tumblr_nasmgimSde1tgqi3co1_500.gif

It was good, just very large in scope. It was a DCU event and not something that was contained in the GL books. So it kind of felt less focused than Sinestro Corps War.

She may as well be
dead. Just another scumbag like Silk

Started reading Usagi Yojimbo Saga v2. Every small story with Jei fills me with dread for the inevitable encounter. This is masterful storytelling.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Currently reading the Trinity Graphic Novel.
To bad that they didnt adapted this one for BvS, I really love that story, they even had enough possibility to introduce the other JLA members

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is it too late to voice my displeasure at the A-Force art change? Yeeesh.

Seeing this was not filling me with confidence:

JMspDCG.png

I don't know why I find it so arbitrary to hung up on those sorts of things but it's pretty mystifying to me.These characters aren't drawn in the vacuum of of a cropped screengab, they're built in tandem with everything else in the panel. Caldwell's art is so brilliant and dynamic, I never once lingered on how someone's chin ended.

Cada uno a su gusto, but I think it's a pretty ridiculous POV personally.

Messi

I don't know why I find it so arbitrary to hung up on those sorts of things but it's pretty mystifying to me.These characters aren't drawn in the vacuum of of a cropped screengab, they're built in tandem with everything else in the panel. Caldwell's art is so brilliant and dynamic, I never once lingered on how someone's chin ended.

Cada uno a su gusto, but I think it's a pretty ridiculous POV personally.

It's like singling out a panel of Aja's Hawkeye

I did enjoy this which was right next to it:

2phQJou.png

Clearly a reference to my old avatar:

AFnGjdV.png

I really like that panel

Top Bottom