• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

8sQDkfJ.png

Yes exactly how else can you compare it to an unrelated piece of pop culture ephemera.

Nice work everyone.

Hagi

Not really bothered how Caldwell draws worst character Carol when we get such a fantastic rendition of She Hulk. Really enjoying the new art.

As someone who really liked the crime family angle of Catwoman, what is the likelihood any of this carries over to some other book? Kind of bummed that it was just left and not much was said about it. It was at least an interesting angle for a Bat-family(ish) comic.

Owzers

Black Science #15: We are no longer friends.

That's also another big thread on the gaming side about Nintendo's lack of E3 stuff. It's not polite to speak ill of the dead.

That's exactly what I did. I bought nothing but X-books for like 2 months, then I slowly took the plunge and started buying everything. Superior Spider-Man was the Spidey book at the time so I passed on it because I was looking for Peter Parker good times. I didn't get around to correcting that for a couple years. Sad.
Superior Spider-Man was the first Spidey book I bought to get back in. Followed by Kraven's Last Hunt. No regrets

TheFlow

Banned
Part 2 of my shipment came in early today.

I just wanna say that the Blacksad HC is hands down one of my favs. The artwork is hands down some of the best I have seen. I am starting to believe that Darkhorse produces the best HC to price ratio. The fact that I got Blacksad for less than 12 dollars is a steal.

The page size count of blacksad is less than 200 by the way which is crazy because the book is thick

I now own all of it

I just wanna say that the Blacksad HC is hands down one of my favs. The artwork is hands down some of the best I have seen. I am starting to believe that Darkhorse produces the best HC to price ratio. The fact that I got Blacksad for less than 12 dollars is a steal.

The page size count of blacksad is less than 200 by the way which is crazy because the book is thick

I now own all of it

You had better hope no one has a foot fetish on here...

I now own all of it
Get ready to get incrementally disappointed with blacksad sequels

TheFlow

Banned
Fatale: Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1 HC
61sNGdT4u1L._SL256_.jpg

oh man what a fucking hit. I couldn't stop turning the pages to find out what happens. The best part is Brubaker hasn't revealed any of the big secrets about Jo and the Master. Ca'n't believe I waited this long to read this

5/5

Fatale: Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1 HC

Glad you liked it. It was a bit underappreciated when it was still in progress. The book certainly had some dull points when taken as a whole, but overall I enjoyed the series a lot. Some of the flashback stories were especially great. I should probably invest in the hardcovers. I kind of want to read it again, now.

TheFlow

Banned
Glad you liked it. It was a bit underappreciated when it was still in progress. The book certainly had some dull points when taken as a whole, but overall I enjoyed the series a lot. Some of the flashback stories were especially great. I should probably invest in the hardcovers. I kind of want to read it again, now.
I am honestly loving it. The way the past and present mix together is done greatly.

The only parts that I might consider dull is when we cut back to the present. but I still liked it

shingi70

Banned
So I like Carol especially the KSD run,but is it me or does Marvel not know what to do with her other than ateempt to push her off as their Wonder Woman Equvilent. She's at cploamic power levels and yetbshe fights regular earth baddies, at times she feels like Hal Jordan or Starbuck, and Now she's part of the minority report faction in Civil War II.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Uh, a Irredemable Movie is happening.

Also I cant wait until next year when Marvel releases all essetial Black Panther Miniseries. Read a editiotial piece on it and it sounds even more interesting as Priests stuff.

I don't know why I find it so arbitrary to hung up on those sorts of things but it's pretty mystifying to me.These characters aren't drawn in the vacuum of of a cropped screengab, they're built in tandem with everything else in the panel. Caldwell's art is so brilliant and dynamic, I never once lingered on how someone's chin ended.

Cada uno a su gusto, but I think it's a pretty ridiculous POV personally.

p much

Zombine

Banned
That bad?

No it never gets terrible, it's just a series that is unable to recapture the magic of the first book. Vol 1 is a masterpiece, vol 2 is good, vol 3 is ok.

How do we know that your problems with the creator aren't affecting your views?

Im triggered bro.

Blacksad is baby's first crime noir. Like if those Tracer Bullet strips from calvin and hobbes starred anthropomorphic animals.

The accomplishments of the book are in regards to its social themes. The noir stuff is just a homage to things that have been done in the past, now with animals. But it's very much a story about segregation and racial tension.

diaspora

So I like Carol especially the KSD run,but is it me or does Marvel not know what to do with her other than ateempt to push her off as their Wonder Woman Equvilent. She's at cploamic power levels and yetbshe fights regular earth baddies, at times she feels like Hal Jordan or Starbuck, and Now she's part of the minority report faction in Civil War II.

That's exactly what's happening. I even liked her during the Dark Reign New Avengers.

edit: Clint's proposal to assassinate Norman Osborn and people taking the suggestion serious was a better basis for a second Civil War than whatever this minority report shit is.

Top Bottom