• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Pictured: Clint getting ethered.

MikEAs2.jpg
Dark Reign: The List?

diaspora

The List is an great book. Have to get it at some point, before I need a new shelf, my place for OHCs is filled up.
New Avengers is to poorly collected.

The list is basically when he goes out to carry out the hit I think. But I mean, ultimately the conflict between Clint's willingness to assassinate a bad guy versus Spider-Man's refusal to has always been interesting.

diaspora

I'm actually surprised Clint gave Peter as much lip as he did in New Avengers considering that he saved his (then) wife's life.

edit: And despite complaints people might have of him, Bendis did a decent job of writing all of the heroes in his Dark Reign New Avengers run. Carol's presence actually makes sense in it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The list is basically when he goes out to carry out the hit I think. But I mean, ultimately the conflict between Clint's willingness to assassinate a bad guy versus Spider-Man's refusal to has always been interesting.
Clint tried to kill Norman in that book, but overall it was more a couple of connected One Shots where Norman plotted how to kill/ a couple of heroes out of the way.
Great books IMO

diaspora

Clint tried to kill Norman in that book, but overall it was more a couple of connected One Shots where Norman plotted how to kill/ a couple of heroes out of the way.
Great books IMO

Yeah, iirc the last one was Norman adding Peter to list after he pulled the "I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA" card.

edit: And despite complaints people might have of him, Bendis did a decent job of writing all of the heroes in his Dark Reign New Avengers run. Carol's presence actually makes sense in it.

The period in between Civil War and Secret Invasion was bad (Iron Man and his team of strong boring dudes vs. Luke Cage and his badass crew of black wearing ninjas) and the Heroic Age stuff was gack. Well, the End Times arcs were okay, he set right a few wrongs
and killed off Victoria Hand, which I'm still not sure how to feel about
. The rest is actually pretty good.

Calcium

Banned
Does the 2099 Spider-Man constantly say shocking/bithead or is this just a thing in Superior? It's kind of annoying.

diaspora

The period in between Civil War and Secret Invasion was bad (Iron Man and his team of strong boring dudes vs. Luke Cage and his badass crew of black wearing ninjas) and the Heroic Age stuff was gack. Well, the End Times arcs were okay, he set right a few wrongs
and killed off Victoria Hand, which I'm still not sure how to feel about
. The rest is actually pretty good.

I never liked most of the Civil War, Secret Invasion, or interregnum stuff in the first place irrespective of Bendis.

Does the 2099 Spider-Man constantly say shocking/bithead or is this just a thing in Superior? It's kind of annoying.

I don't think Miguel does it nearly as much in the current Spider-Man 2099 book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Dark Reign was such an amazing time.
A couple of things were forced and Normans Dark X-Men made little sense and I am still not completly sure why Emma Frost was part of the cabal, but it was great.

diaspora

Dark Reign was such an amazing time.
A couple of things were forced and Normans Dark X-Men made little sense and I am still not completly sure why Emma Frost was part of the cabal, but it was great.

I always assumed Frost was there to:
  1. Make sure the x-men don't get put into the crosshairs more than necessary
  2. intelligence
Dark X-Men made no damn sense though.

This was such a good run.
b6gfflE.jpg

Owzers

Reading several issues of Black Science in a row has made me think that any decent comic series is a replacement for TV shows letting me down. I gave up on Supergirl after nine episodes, ended up deleting DC Legends of Tomorrow before starting it, didn't bother with the second season of Fear the Walking Dead, and the two shows i've stuck with ( Walking Dead and Last Man on Earth) are rather iffy.

Reading several issues of Black Science in a row has made me think that any decent comic series is a replacement for TV shows letting me down. I gave up on Supergirl after nine episodes, ended up deleting DC Legends of Tomorrow before starting it, didn't bother with the second season of Fear the Walking Dead, and the two shows i've stuck with ( Walking Dead and Last Man on Earth) are rather iffy.

Soon you'll be like me, and give up on television almost entirely.

watch crazy ex girlfriend

legit good

also free on iTunes

After POI wraps this season up, TV is over anyway.

Anyone read Phil Foglio's Plastic Man mini-series? I need a few issues to add up to a minimum order, so considering this.

Owzers

"Crazy Ex Girlfriend" just sounds like a show i would actively avoid and would have to fight my better instincts to watch like if someone recommended Two Broke Girls.

I only made it through three episodes of the Adventures of Kimmy Schmidt, i had hoped to like that one. It's also called Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt after googling to double check.

Ive been listening to this song over and over.

Sillymonkey, just watch this and tell me you don't wanna watch the TV show

The title was a real turn off for me when I first heard about it but about 10 min into the ep I watched turned me all the way around on it.

For reference, I watched all of 1 ep of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2. You kind of have to attempt to like that show. And Im a big Tina Fey fan. 2 broke girls is bad.

edit: Crazy Ex Girlfriend is the Kot Secret Avengers of regular broadcast comedy shows imo

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I only made it through three episodes of the Adventures of Kimmy Schmidt, i had hoped to like that one. It's also called Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt after googling to double check.

Better than me, bro. I got through one episode of Kimmy Schmidt, and it was a near thing.

This hurts me deeply. There are rough patches towards the end of season one, but I think this is one of the funniest shows currently running.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
y'all getting in on dat Overwatch open beta?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

You probably haven't even gotten to the worst part of Black Science yet either.

Owzers

Ive been listening to this song over and over.

Sillymonkey, just watch this and tell me you don't wanna watch the TV show

The title was a real turn off for me when I first heard about it but about 10 min into the ep I watched turned me all the way around on it.

For reference, I watched all of 1 ep of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2. You kind of have to attempt to like that show. And Im a big Tina Fey fan. 2 broke girls is bad.

edit: Crazy Ex Girlfriend is the Kot Secret Avengers of regular broadcast comedy shows imo

I watched the video with 70% of an open mind and it didn't make me want to watch the show. I don't watch a lot of comedies. Last one i liked was Arrested Development i think. Maybe some of Bojack Horsemen before drifting away midseason as i did with Last Man on Earth this season which was always more cringey than funny.

I remember trying The Americans with season 3 or something and then getting mad at the show for me not knowing it takes place in the past. Heyyyyyyyyyyyy wait a minute, what's going on here!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the video 70% of an open mind and it didn't make me want to watch the show. I don't watch a lot of comedies. Last one i liked was Arrested Development i think. Maybe some of Bojack Horsemen before drifting away midseason as i did with Last Man on Earth which was always more cringey than funny.

I usually go with this song to give people an idea of the general tone:

https://youtu.be/O4hh1YhDfbA

Top Bottom