• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
A fellow(s) You're the Worst Fan? You are now my new best friend whether you want to be or not!

tumblr_naq62fVJFk1qd74afo1_500.gif

This is you and me.

Owzers

i'm waiting for amazon to laugh at me when they update my Uncharted 4 order details from Expected on May 6th to " i dunno"

I watched the video with 70% of an open mind and it didn't make me want to watch the show. I don't watch a lot of comedies. Last one i liked was Arrested Development i think. Maybe some of Bojack Horsemen before drifting away midseason as i did with Last Man on Earth this season which was always more cringey than funny.

I remember trying The Americans with season 3 or something and then getting mad at the show for me not knowing it takes place in the past. Heyyyyyyyyyyyy wait a minute, what's going on here!

you're deader to me than comics

y'all getting in on dat Overwatch open beta?

"We're all soldiers now."

i'm waiting for amazon to laugh at me when they update my Uncharted 4 order details from Expected on May 6th to " i dunno"

I'm looking forward to GOTY 2016. Uncharted the big Sony exclusive vs. Dark Souls. Gaming Side Civil War.

Civil War movie reference:
"I realised I couldn't kill gaming side. But, I could force them to kill each other....."

TheFlow

Banned
Played a shit ton did over watch the pass 2 days. Love it

Guys real quick are there any good hc comics releasing this month? Anything noteworthy.

Calcium

Banned
Just finished Superior Spider-Man. I loved it and I'm really looking forward to starting Amazing. The end felt a little rushed,
Ock came to the conclusion that only Peter could save Anna Maria a little too quickly.
but other than that it was a fun ride.

Guys real quick are there any good hc comics releasing this month? Anything noteworthy.

Second Lazarus hardcover. And maybe the Carbon Grey hardcover from Image. Other than that, nothing really. Unless you want a Halo or The Massive Library Edition from Dark Horse (you don't).

TheFlow

Banned
Hmm then my buy list for the rest of this month

Sleeper hc

Animal man by morrison

I zombie

Doom patrol by morrison

If I have extra cash flow then more invincible hc.

I wanna get the heavy weight hc out the way

shingi70

Banned
Valiant is launching a new book in August titled 4001 AD War Mother. Looks pretty cool and is spinning out of the 4001 AD event that started this week. It's from Fred Van Lente and Thomas Giorello.

Unlike Valiant’s other heroes, War Mother’s home is in the future of the fifth millennium, where much of Earth is an apocalyptic wasteland under the watchful gaze of New Japan, a highly advanced and powerful civilization floating around in orbit.[/img]

niogbgcerwg74thbg49t-600x923.png

She seems like a replacment for Turok in the same way Divinty seems like a Solar replacement.

Valiant is launching a new book in August titled 4001 AD War Mother. Looks pretty cool and is spinning out of the 4001 AD event that started this week. It's from Fred Van Lente and Thomas Giorello.

Unlike Valiant’s other heroes, War Mother’s home is in the future of the fifth millennium, where much of Earth is an apocalyptic wasteland under the watchful gaze of New Japan, a highly advanced and powerful civilization floating around in orbit.[/img]

niogbgcerwg74thbg49t-600x923.png

She seems like a replacment for Turok in the same way Divinty seems like a Solar replacement.

...who the fuck

Vic_Viper

Abnett & Lannings Guardians of the Galaxy Omni is 50$ (50% off) at instocktrades! Might have to hop on that.

Just to clarify, does this include Thanos Imperitave #1-6? The wording is alil weird in the description. It covers all the annihilation & conquest stuff too right? Wish I could just get the whole Anniahlation stuff in one book still.

???

Is it me not trashing Valiant or the fact that I put a quote and an img tag like a dope?

I think Launchpad is just surprised someone other than him posted Valiant news.

Abnett & Lannings Guardians of the Galaxy Omni is 50$ (50% off) at instocktrades! Might have to hop on that.

Just to clarify, does this include Thanos Imperitave #1-6? The wording is alil weird in the description. It covers all the annihilation & conquest stuff too right? Wish I could just get the whole Anniahlation stuff in one book still.

It does.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 1-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE: IGNITION 1, 1-6, DEVASTATION 1; MATERIAL FROM ANNIHILATORS 1-4; MATERIAL FROM ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL 1-4

The Annihilation omnibus is unfortunately out of stock everywhere. But the Annihilation Conquest omni is still around.

we can close ComicGaf, Korupt won.

Hey, tim...

Can someone tell me about Hickman's Image stuff like East of West and Manhattan Projects? What are they like? They seem long and unfinished, so it's intimidating to get into, but I'm curious how they differ from his Marvel work.

I already pitched East of West, but he wants something that's finished. I figured you'd do a better job selling Manhattan Projects than I ever could.

Jeff Parker and Evan Shaner interview about Future Quest.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/interviews/jeff-parker-evan-shaner-future-quest/

I am liking what I am hearing.

It was the dynamic of the group, specifically Jonny and Hadji as adopted brothers. Now these little buddies deal with everything. Jonny’s more impulsive. The weird thing is Jonny kind of imprints on Race Bannon, the secret service guy who’s assigned to protect. Whereas, Hadji, the adopted kid, it seems to be modeling himself after Dr. Quest. Even though we may never show it, I like to imagine that in the future, Hadji is the one who becomes a scientist, and Jonny’s the one who can’t stay out of trouble and getting shot at all the time. They make a great team that way, and, of course, they’ve got that dog.

I started thinking about that, like, how would you do a “New Frontier” for the Hanna-Barbera action figures of the 60’s, action adventure heroes of the 60’s. Then it started coming pretty fast. It’s because they do all have similar aesthetics to them, except, as Doc points out, the Impossibles. That was the one that, I admit, kind of threw me at first. Here’s these little guys that look like the Jetsons and are from the Flintstones cartoon. As usual, Shaner comes in, makes it work, and then it’s like, “Oh, good. Now it all works in my head again.” They are definitely from the lighter end of it. There’s heavier characters in the series, and you get to the light ones, the heavier ones being your Race Bannons and your Space Ghost and such.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies was terrible. Just felt like a colossal waste of time :/

tim1138

Can someone tell me about Hickman's Image stuff like East of West and Manhattan Projects? What are they like? They seem long and unfinished, so it's intimidating to get into, but I'm curious how they differ from his Marvel work.

So you wanna know about the Manhattan Projects, eh? Lucky for you I wrote this insanely long post about the series two years ago!

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=102731324

Since then the main series has ended and a miniseries was announced and then subsequently sent to die with very little fanfare (I never thought it was possible for a double sized six month late issue to feel rushed, but here we are!). The main series is 25 issues long and is covered by 5 tpbs, the Sun Beyond the Stars miniseries was 4 issues long and is in vol 6. There are two deluxe hardcover releases that oddly only cover the first issue 20 issues of the original series, the theoretical third volume should cover the final 5 of the original and 4 of Sun Beyond the Stars.

The Manhattan Projects is not only my favorite Hickman book of all time, but is one of my favorite comics of all time. The first 25 issues is just incredible alt history comic booking, the Sun Beyond the Stars had a lot of potential but just fizzled out and it really bummed me out.

So long story short, read the Manhattan Projects, it's fantastic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the Secret Wars Marvel Zombies tie-in by Spurrier/Walker was pretty solid actually

That one was fantastic.

I might do a quick rundown on every tie in since I will have read them all. I still think that overall most were at the very least decent.

diaspora

I don't know what's happening with the Thunderbolts art, but I can say that I don't like it.

Moonstone getting rekt by Kobik was a nice touch.

Top Bottom