• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Rare colour issue of Usagi Yojimbo and the colourist did a stellar job! Tom Luth, also does the colours for Groo.

rcb3pzS.jpg

On to Grasscutter next!

Damn guys...that movie. It's hard to decide which person stole the show, they all did.
Chadwick Boseman's sexy ass.

Honourable mention goes to the
Dora Milaje who told Black Widow to move as BP was going to his car
. That one little scene made me hyped as hell for Black Panther's solo movie. I can't wait to see him and his bodyguards in action.

Foofaraw

Thought I was going to read some Spider-man, ended up reading Villains United. Maybe I need to have a better knowledge of C and D list DC villains to enjoy this book. It is very far from bad, but I feel like I'm having tons of fan service thrown at me and it is having no effect. It also seems like it is heavily affected by Identity Crisis? I imagine it came out sometime shortly after that. The book itself is very well drawn, and I'm sure if I were more of a DC fanboy, I'd be really loving seeing all of these folks on the same panel. As for now, I'm only two trades into Suicide Squad, so I recognize Deadshot, and that's about it.

Hopefully Secret Six proper is enjoyable with less need for background knowledge. Maybe I just need to set this book aside until I read a lot more DC stuff.

I also read the first 8 issues of Star Wars by Aaron. Much better than I expected. I enjoy the EU stuff a lot more, Star Wars Legacy in particular, but this absolutely nails the voice of Han, Luke, and Leia. When I'm done catching up on the MU stuff with this, I'll probably jump on the Darth Vader series. I've heard that is Vader being treated like a little kid as he fails the Emperor. Really into that. Also, it is nice to see some force powers every now and then.

Zemo stole the stakes when he shot those five dudes

That was the best move in the film since
they were suddenly and stupidly introduced like halfway through act two and suddenly like super important out of nowhere? Lol fuck that. Zemo better than that. And T'Challa better than Zemo.

Hagi

Iron Man and Power Fist is the best book I'm reading right now. It's so much fun! Dr Strange really is a Pendejo.

Iron Man and Power Fist is the best book I'm reading right now. It's so much fun! Dr Strange really is a Pendejo.

That was definitely the best comic book line that week.

Also, don't get me wrong, I love that book, but Spider-Woman is my favorite ANAD (after Vision, maybe.)

Hagi

That was definitely the best comic book line that week.

Also, don't get me wrong, I love that book, but Spider-Woman is my favorite ANAD (after Vision, maybe.)

I liked the "same reason Black History month is the shortest month" line as well. This is everything I want in a book with these two characters.

I have read Spider-woman or Vision yet but they are on my list.

What are people's thoughts on the new Punisher that just came out?

It's alright. It's kind of dogging Ennis' Marvel Knights style, and not just because they're both drawn by Steve Dillon. I'm going to stick with it through the first arc to see where it goes. If you've never read Punisher, it's probably not a bad place to start.

headshot95

Neo Member
What's the difference between the Daredevil by Miller Omnibus and the large paperback volumes? It seems going with the large volumes is cheaper and there is more content?

What's the difference between the Daredevil by Miller Omnibus and the large paperback volumes? It seems going with the large volumes is cheaper and there is more content?

They cover the same content for the most part. I believe the third paperback includes two of the one-off issues but those are in the Daredevil Companion Omnibus along with Man Withour Fear and Born Again.

The paperbacks are a much better deal. The omnibuses are overpriced.

Hagi

What are people's thoughts on the new Punisher that just came out?

decidedly meh I'm dropping it till the first arc is finished then I'll gauge whether it's worth going back to.

I think I want to marry Ed Brubaker...

Someone is getting assassinated at that wedding. He's one of my favourite writers I'm actually reading through his Winter Soldier run right now and it's great. Love how he writes Natasha and Bucky together.

duckroll

Someone is getting assassinated at that wedding. He's one of my favourite writers I'm actually reading through his Winter Soldier run right now and it's great. Love how he writes Natasha and Bucky together.

That run has a killer ending. Hope you have lots of tissues.

Pollux

Also, am I crazy or did the art style for iron man change like halfway through? I miss the art from the first few issues and am not crazy about the brushed look it has now

Steve Dillon's art doesn't do anything for me. I think it's ugly.

Punisher is also probably my least favorite Marvel character so it's a double whammy. Easiest pass ever.

Hagi

Also, am I crazy or did the art style for iron man change like halfway through? I miss the art from the first few issues and am not crazy about the brushed look it has now

Not crazy at all the artist left to do Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo. Marquez drew the shit out of the issues he was on so Civil War 2 should be cool.

headshot95

Neo Member
They cover the same content for the most part. I believe the third paperback includes two of the one-off issues but those are in the Daredevil Companion Omnibus along with Man Withour Fear and Born Again.

The paperbacks are a much better deal. The omnibuses are overpriced.

Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks for the help.

Pollux

Not crazy at all the artist left to do Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo. Marquez drew the shit out of the issues he was on so Civil War 2 should be cool.
Hopefully he comes back after Civil War 2. I'm getting used to the new guy but I definitely prefer the old one

Hagi

Hopefully he comes back after Civil War 2. I'm getting used to the new guy but I definitely prefer the old one

Not a fan of how Deodata draws Doom to look like Vincent Cassel. I'd really like Marquez back on the book as well.

Thought I was going to read some Spider-man, ended up reading Villains United. Maybe I need to have a better knowledge of C and D list DC villains to enjoy this book. It is very far from bad, but I feel like I'm having tons of fan service thrown at me and it is having no effect. It also seems like it is heavily affected by Identity Crisis? I imagine it came out sometime shortly after that. The book itself is very well drawn, and I'm sure if I were more of a DC fanboy, I'd be really loving seeing all of these folks on the same panel. As for now, I'm only two trades into Suicide Squad, so I recognize Deadshot, and that's about it.

Hopefully Secret Six proper is enjoyable with less need for background knowledge. Maybe I just need to set this book aside until I read a lot more DC stuff.
Villains United is heavily tied with other arcs as a combination of aftermath from Identity Crisis and a lead in to Infinite Crisis. So yes, there's a bit more to it than it just being a standalone. That said everything after that is just gold

Zombine

Banned
Henderson hate bothers me. It's not so much that people dislike her art, obviously art is subjective and people have different tastes. My problems begin when people call her a bad artist and begin to question if she's qualified to work at Marvel. It's really weird and I see it happen quite frequently.

tim1138

I wish the Hellboy Masks and Monsters tpb was available digitally. The Batman/Starman/Hellboy crossover was so good and would look amazing in cmx hd.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So Brubaker's Image stuff

Fatale
Fade-Out
Velvet

Is it all equally good? Thinking about starting Fade-Out after I'm done with Manhattan Projects, it's a pretty short read.

Secret Six Vol. 4 not disappointing in the least.
I'd marry Giganta
How is/was Bendis' Guardians? I just saw this on amazon so I'm interested.

The general opinion that I've seen seems to be that it's pretty not good. I can't speak for that, however, since the only part of it I've read was the crossover with All-New X-Men, The Trial of Jean Grey. I really enjoyed that.

Zeroth

So, I was reading the new Thanos/Adam Warlock series, and I am confused:

The white explosion that destroyed everything was also the one from the incursions? Did Adam explode 616 in a cosmic level and we perceived it was because of the incursions? Is the Thanos he revives the same one from The Ultimates?

Henderson hate bothers me. It's not so much that people dislike her art, obviously art is subjective and people have different tastes. My problems begin when people call her a bad artist and begin to question if she's qualified to work at Marvel. It's really weird and I see it happen quite frequently.

It does make me rather annoyed. Any artist that has a slightly off-beat style seems to attract so many negative emotions from the audience. I would rather see a different art style that I dislike than another Jim Lee clone.

If Kirby was working today, I think there would be a bunch of "what-is-that-face" comments like the ones Pulido seems to attract.

Top Bottom