• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Ponn

Banned
With everyone seeing Civil War don't know if its been mentioned but Amazon has the digital Civil War books on sale, including the main one for only 2.99. Seems like a good deal to me. They also have the digital Secret Wars book on sale for $15 which also seems like a good deal.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
With everyone seeing Civil War don't know if its been mentioned but Amazon has the digital Civil War books on sale, including the main one for only 2.99. Seems like a good deal to me. They also have the digital Secret Wars book on sale for $15 which also seems like a good deal.
Do they also sync the books with Comixology outside of america?

I just recently got back into the big "corporate" comics myself (thank you, Ta-Nehisi Coates).

Instead of feeling overwhelmed, I've just dived in, knowing it would take me a while to find my way. I just went in and talked to the guy who owns my local shop and started with his recommendations (his two suggestions: The Vision and Doctor Strange). Then I went back and picked up current and back issues that were at the beginning of new storylines in other things that looked good. Then I started catching myself up on only the ones I liked. Before I knew it, I've got a stack of 40 new single-issues, a subscription to Marvel Unlimited, and a list of a dozen new books I'm now following.

Favorites of the bunch right now are Doctor Strange, Spider-Gwen, The Ultimates, and Ms. Marvel. As a fellow newbie (or re-newbie?) I say just start with something. If you like it, dig deeper. If not, try something else. Kind of simple really.

Also, Saga is incredible. But that's been running for a while and is worth starting at the very beginning in trades.

Oh yea, I'm real excited about reading some things I've heard good things about, just so much stuff out there haha.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
One of my favorite factoids about that arc is Ryan Browne got to pretty much make all of that up. Hickman gave him a pretty bare bones outline that said what needed to ultimately needed to happen and let Browne go wild filling in the gaps and creating all the characters and insanity.

Oh really? That's great. His style fits those issues perfectly, and complements Pitarra's issues well. A guest artist for this kind of book could be a mistake, but he's a good fit for it. I love these issues as a palate cleanser.

Oh really? That's great. His style fits those issues perfectly, and complements Pitarra's issues well. A guest artist for this kind of book could be a mistake, but he's a good fit for it. I love these issues as a palate cleanser.

Has Tim tried to sell you God Hates Astronauts yet?

Messi

Brian and I agree on something? WAT

tumblr_nasmgimSde1tgqi3co1_500.gif

Shades of your Nocenti Catwoman behavior.

In Greek mythology, Persephone is the Goddess of the harvest, and thus recurrence. She's also the Queen of the Underworld, and thus the wife of Hades. So she's kind of alive, kind of not. The bigger question is how Amaterasu is alive.

Excellent books, even better murder weapons.

When did Amaterasu die?

Tizoc

Captain America 3 was good, though a few scenes felt like they needed more development or time.

When's the next Vision issue out?

Hellboy in Hell 9 was good, but can we get the guy out of there already or whatever it is he's got to?

Zombine

Banned
Captain America 3 was good, though a few scenes felt like they needed more development or time.

I wish Marvel wasn't afraid to release extended editions of their films, 4 hour run times be damned. I think the enthusiasts would really dig it.

Hagi

I wish Marvel wasn't afraid to release extended editions of their films, 4 hour run times be damned. I think the enthusiasts would really dig it.

Wait for the special Phase 1 through 3 special extended editions that are housed in a replica Captain America shield. I'd buy two.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Best thing I didnt knew I needed

Also Why arent there so few Captain America Shield Replica? I would pay good money to have that thing in my room:

Zombine

Banned
Wait for the special Phase 1 through 3 special extended editions that are housed in a replica Captain America shield. I'd buy two.

Oh man I see it coming...only thing is that I feel like maybe 2 of the film's so far need an extended edition:

Ultron and Civil War.

Ultron because it's got some issues, Civil War because I want more.

tim1138

No, but I was just looking up Ryan Browne and saw that was his series. Definitely interested, looks... weird (in a good way)

When you finish Manhattan Projects, please do give God Hates Astronauts a shot. It's absolutely absurd and hilarious. I dunno if I could even begin to do the book justice trying to describe it, you just need to read it and experience it first hand. MP and GHA are two of my favorite comics ever. :D

Hagi

Oh man I see it coming...only thing is that I feel like maybe 2 of the film's so far need an extended edition:

Ultron and Civil War.

Ultron because it's got some issues, Civil War because I want more.

I haven't read much of the behind the scenes goings on surrounding Ultron but I could see a few scenes being expanded on. Not sure if it would make it better for some folks though. I haven't actually seen it since the cinema.

Best thing I didnt knew I needed

Also Why arent there so few Captain America Shield Replica? I would pay good money to have that thing in my room:

If you check the action figure thread someone posted that Hasbro are bringing a life size replica out. I think you'd be able to find some replicas on-line through prop stores probably, doubt they'd be cheap though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
When you finish Manhattan Projects, please do give God Hates Astronauts a shot. It's absolutely absurd and hilarious. I dunno if I could even begin to do the book justice trying to describe it, you just need to read it and experience it first hand. MP and GHA are two of my favorite comics ever. :D

Looking at the art, I'm thinking about getting that digitally, looks like it'd really pop on the iPad. There are only 10 issues right? Because looking at comixology, there are 3 volumes... but only 10 single issues.

It looks like an over the top acid-fueled super hero satire... which really has me intrigued. Looking at the cover for that second issue: I have no clue what's going on there, but it looks incredible

Owzers

I'm watching Krampus before the Atlanta Hawks have to start believing in Santa again in order to win a game. Please Santa, just one! That pesky Lebron keeps getting in our way.

TheFlow

Banned
Gotham is such a big fucking omnibus.
only con is the glue binding which is such a big thing among dc and marvel. Good news no gutter loss so yay

Messi

I hate gimmick special editions. How about you give me the movies in a box and you keep your shitty plastic shield.

Owzers

I hate gimmick special editions. How about you give me the movies in a box and you keep your shitty plastic shield.

how about you get the movie baked into a pie and you have to eat your way to it. Preferably some type of blackberry/harvest berry pie or apple. I'd buy one. Cap Civil War: Which slice are you on?

I have to agree. I'm not going to buy it if I can't fit it on the shelf with my other movies. And they do this with so many movies and TV shows. Like the fucking barrel that the Breaking Bad Blu-ray set comes in.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Lifeforce is a shit movie.
First its a 1:1 clone of Alien with Vampire for 5 minutes (best part of the movie), then its suddenly Return of the Living Dead for 15 minutes, before falling into boredom and becomes a Zombie siege movie for the last 20 minutes.
Stupid shit, at least the female lead was good to look at.

diaspora

hahaha, I just saw that Spider-Gwen's Tony Stark is basically the Starbucks founder/owner. Jessica's reaction to it is great.

Zombine

Banned
Can someone tell me why this Punisher book has the cursing censored? Seriously it's a book about killing people but our readers are too sensitive for cursing.

$%#@ This.

diaspora

Man, they need more books in that universe. Seems like the fun stuff is everything that is not Gwen.

A sinister Daredevil being Kingpin's lawyer and Punisher being an insane cop Frank Castle are both really compelling. I'd love to see what their take on Moon Knight would be.

Top Bottom