• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

diaspora

Friends I'm confused...

I've been reading Marvel's 616 Universe from the start (currently 1000 issues in), and noticed that the reading order ends ~2004. So I was wondering what happened in 2004 was there a reboot?

I also noticed that there's been a recent reboot in 2015 too merging 616 and 1610? So I'm guessing just how many reboots have happened?

WHUT

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Friends I'm confused...

I've been reading Marvel's 616 Universe from the start (currently 1000 issues in), and noticed that the reading order ends ~2004. So I was wondering what happened in 2004 was there a reboot?

I also noticed that there's been a recent reboot in 2015 too merging 616 and 1610? So I'm guessing just how many reboots have happened?
There were never Reboots.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man. Just finished TPB vol 3 of Hitman.
That issue with the zombified animals at the aquarium was HILARIOUS. I was laughing out loud.
Absolutely amazing.

tim1138

Looking at the art, I'm thinking about getting that digitally, looks like it'd really pop on the iPad. There are only 10 issues right? Because looking at comixology, there are 3 volumes... but only 10 single issues.

It looks like an over the top acid-fueled super hero satire... which really has me intrigued. Looking at the cover for that second issue: I have no clue what's going on there, but it looks incredible

There are 10 issues that were released as singles, yeah. The first volume collects the original couple issues from when it was a web comic and then has a bunch of bonus strips and guest pin ups in the back.

Over the top is the best way to describe it, the plot is completely insane. The characters have godly names like King Tiger Eating a Cheeseburger, Sir Hippothesis, Time Giraffe, and largely made up of human/animal hybrids. Browne also comes up with the best sound effects ever.

Owzers

Krampus was okay, maybe about what i expected but the slow build up and goofy cast kept it back. Had a couple fun scenes, namely the one where people see Civil War and talk about how great it is.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
There are 10 issues that were released as singles, yeah. The first volume collects the original couple issues from when it was a web comic and then has a bunch of bonus strips and guest pin ups in the back.

Over the top is the best way to describe it, the plot is completely insane. The characters have godly names like King Tiger Eating a Cheeseburger, Sir Hippothesis, Time Giraffe, and largely made up of human/animal hybrids. Browne also comes up with the best sound effects ever.

Ok, but I'm fine if I just read those 10 single issues?

Hagi

I have to agree. I'm not going to buy it if I can't fit it on the shelf with my other movies. And they do this with so many movies and TV shows. Like the fucking barrel that the Breaking Bad Blu-ray set comes in.

hah I love that things like that exist and people buy them. The Alien Quadrilogy Xenomorph head that contained all the disc comes to mind.

Thinking about some non cape books and how are Paper Girls and We Can Never Go Home?

Messi

hah I love that things like that exist and people buy them. The Alien Quadrilogy Xenomorph head that contained all the disc comes to mind.

Thinking about some non cape books and how are Paper Girls and We Can Never Go Home?

Both are really fucking good. Buy buy buy.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My current plan is to try to pick up We Can Never Go Home tomorrow for FCBD.

Supporting small publishers and a local business all in one go.

Hagi

Both are really fucking good. Buy buy buy.

Paper Girls is a lot of fun. Weird as hell but fun. Think of it as sci-fi Goonies with girls.

We Can Never Go Home is fucking amazing.

Cool seems they are really good so I'll pick them up tomorrow and give one of them a read then. Thanks a lot folks.

I only want to read the free Captain America and Civil War issues so I'll wait till they hopefully put them up digitally. I'm sure I remember at least DC put their FCBD stuff up last year.

TheFlow

Banned
Isn't CMX going to have it all anyway?

will they? I don't remember them having it last year

QUOTE=Hagi;202835955]hah I love that things like that exist and people buy them. The Alien Quadrilogy Xenomorph head that contained all the disc comes to mind.

Thinking about some non cape books and how are Paper Girls and We Can Never Go Home?[/QUOTE]
You have the best Char Avy, and just read archie.

paper girls is too weird and over the top. but you might as well catch up since #6 comes out next month I think

Messi

Black Mask told me that didn't think theirs was going to be on CMX

tumblr_o4eaobuJzQ1r9x13lo1_400.gif

What the fuck guys. Don't do this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its amazing how many times Bendis does shit without caring about anything except his shit (Richard Ryder with a "y" for example). Case in point: Guardians of Knowhere.

A bunch of the Secret Wars books established that there is nothing but Battleworld. There are no stars for example because there is no space because there is only Battleworld. Its a plot point in many books, characters that have remnants from the previous universe will talk about stars and nobody knows wtf a star is. In Carol Corps the whole book is them wondering what is beyond the sky, and when they finally manage to
get up there Doom blows them all out of existance for taking a peak

So what does Bendis do? He makes a book in Knowhere, in space, and the first page is Knowhere surrounded with stars.

Man fuck Bendis

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I may hit up an LCS tomorrow since I'll already be in town. Might even hit up this Civil War thing I keep hearing about. Who is playing Stonewall Jackdon?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's only one Portuguese around here boys

Top Bottom