• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

re: Civil War

ttnMlti.gif

Play Mercy, aiming is not required for the most part and you will help your team way more than any attacker.

#TeamMercy

Look at this epic shit I pulled earlier with D.Va. I didn't even know the thing that happens at the end was possible lol

http://xboxclips.com/RemyWilde/eac2f731-8edd-4b5d-b877-ea0835967020

I think I may have found a new waifu. Symmetra is pretty amazing. I slap shields on all my teammates and then run around placing turrets in sneaky places. I watched a guy on the other team run through a doorway and get fried by four turrets on the wall behind him simultaneously. ^____^

I ended up with something like 21 turret kills in that fight, with a 10-player killstreak.

Messi

I think I may have found a new waifu. Symmetra is pretty amazing. I slap shields on all my teammates and then run around placing turrets in sneaky places. I watched a guy on the other team run through a doorway and get fried by four turrets on the wall behind him simultaneously. ^____^

I ended up with something like 21 turret kills in that fight, with a 10-player killstreak.

Is she the one with the wall turrets? I played a game and there was a massive wall of them and it fucked us up.

Is she the one with the wall turrets? I played a game and there was a massive wall of them and it fucked us up.

That's her. Her super lets her place a teleporter that lets teammates go right from the respawn to where the teleporter is placed.

I like to throw turrets under archways, too. Sneaky Freeza.

Messi

That's her. Her super lets her place a teleporter that lets teammates go right from the respawn to where the teleporter is placed.

I like to throw turrets under archways, too. Sneaky Freeza.

I knew about the teleporter. That shit is a game changer. So many times the battle has been won due to that. But I don't understand how to use her turrets.

The game definitely gives you a ton of options and gameplay styles to choose from.

I'm just a straight killer though.

I like healing. I am pretty fucking good at keeping everyone alive.

I knew about the teleporter. That shit is a game changer. So many times the battle has been won due to that. But I don't understand how to use her turrets.

You press the button once to go into turret-laying mode. Then you'll see a blue (or red) transparent turret. Blue means you can place a turret there, red means you can't. If it's blue, you press the button again to actually place the turret. With walls and ceilings, you need to be close enough to the surface to put it down.

Can't wait to earn trophies for this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And done with Secret Wars tie-ins! Whew kinda glad that is over (actually its not as for example Infinity Gauntlet is still missing 1 issue for example). But still, here are my quick ratings on all of them divided in stuff I think are must reads, stuff I enjoyed but you could very well still give a pass or I wouldnt re-read and the trash heap. Overall it was still a good event, as the good far outweighs the bad, it was just too long. Hold on to your butts this will be long.

Dont bother with these

- Years of Future Past (super bland)
- X-Tinction Agenda (ditto)
- Where Monsters Dwell (this one really disappointed me)
- Spider Verse (nothing happens in this)
- Howard The Human (at least its just a one shot)
- House of M (super bland and pointless)
- Guardians of Knowhere (fuck you Bendis)
- Ultimate End (fuck you even harder for this one Bendis)
- Armor Wars (boring)
- Starlord and Kitty Pryde (boring but lively art)
- Secret Wars Secret Love (I dont even remember this one)
- Age of Apocalypse (Not even Sandoval can make this less boring)
- Ghost Racers (good idea terrible execution)
- Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies (awful)
- Renew Your Vows (this one I was undecided in where to put it but ultimately I wouldnt recomend it so it goes here)

The good but nothing amazing

- Master of Kung Fu (started super strong but lost steam, a running theme here)
- Red Skull (nice surprise)
- Secret Wars Battleworld (the other short story format book is better)
- Captain Britain & The Mighty Defenders (fun little book, only 2 issues)
- Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps (this one was close but I still liked the overall story)
- Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars (cute story but that's about it, it was another close one)
- Future Imperfect (ok book that I wish I cared about as much as Peter David obviously does)
- Hail Hydra (this is almost a must read)
- Inferno (one of the few decent X-title tie ins)
- Korvac Saga (nice surprise)
- Mrs.Deadpool and the Howling Commandos (fun book, great art)
- Secret Wars 2099 (fun book and nice setup for the new Spidey 2099 book)
- Spider Island (another nice surprise)
- Squadron Sinister (dont care about the characters but loved the intrigue)
- Secret Wars Agents of Atlas (nice one shot)

Must Reads

- Inhumans Attilan Rising (top 5)
- Marvel Zombies (top 5)
- Runaways (hated the first issue, loved the series by the end)
- Secret Wars Journal (the better of the two short story books)
- Siege (lost some steam but still excellent)
- Thors (top 5)
- 1602 Witch Hunter Angela (guilty pleasure)
- 1872 (top 5 and so fucked up)
- A Force (super fun and cute)
- Civil War (like Siege lost some steam but still a must read imo)
- Hank Johnson Agent of Hydra (amazing one shot)
- Planet Hulk (top 5)
- Weirdworld (top 5)
- Modok Assassin (like Runaways hated the first but loved it by the end)
- Old Man Logan (this one is probably controversial on gaf)
- E dor Extinction (I loved the parody aspect of it, doesnt "work" if you didnt read the Morrison run I guess)
- Giant Size Little Marvel AvX (super cute super fun)

For some reason X-Men 92 isn't on Marvel Unlimited, and Infinity Gauntlet isnt over yet so im not sure if it will end up on the must read yet, its at least good thats for sure.

Messi

And done with Secret Wars tie-ins! Whew kinda glad that is over (actually its not as for example Infinity Gauntlet is still missing 1 issue for example). But still, here are my quick ratings on all of them divided in stuff I think are must reads, stuff I enjoyed but you could very well still give a pass or I wouldnt re-read and the trash heap. Overall it was still a good event, as the good far outweighs the bad, it was just too long. Hold on to your butts this will be long.

Dont bother with these

- Years of Future Past (super bland)
- X-Tinction Agenda (ditto)
- Where Monsters Dwell (this one really disappointed me)
- Spider Verse (nothing happens in this)
- Howard The Human (at least its just a one shot)
- House of M (super bland and pointless)
- Guardians of Knowhere (fuck you Bendis)
- Ultimate End (fuck you even harder for this one Bendis)
- Armor Wars (boring)
- Starlord and Kitty Pryde (boring but lively art)
- Secret Wars Secret Love (I dont even remember this one)
- Age of Apocalypse (Not even Sandoval can make this less boring)
- Ghost Racers (good idea terrible execution)
- Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies (awful)
- Renew Your Vows (this one I was undecided in where to put it but ultimately I wouldnt recomend it so it goes here)

The good but nothing amazing

- Master of Kung Fu (started super strong but lost steam, a running theme here)
- Red Skull (nice surprise)
- Secret Wars Battleworld (the other short story format book is better)
- Captain Britain & The Mighty Defenders (fun little book, only 2 issues)
- Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps (this one was close but I still liked the overall story)
- Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars (cute story but that's about it, it was another close one)
- Future Imperfect (ok book that I wish I cared about as much as Peter David obviously does)
- Hail Hydra (this is almost a must read)
- Inferno (one of the few decent X-title tie ins)
- Korvac Saga (nice surprise)
- Mrs.Deadpool and the Howling Commandos (fun book, great art)
- Secret Wars 2099 (fun book and nice setup for the new Spidey 2099 book)
- Spider Island (another nice surprise)
- Squadron Sinister (dont care about the characters but loved the intrigue)
- Secret Wars Agents of Atlas (nice one shot)

Must Reads

- Inhumans Attilan Rising (top 5)
- Marvel Zombies (top 5)
- Runaways (hated the first issue, loved the series by the end)
- Secret Wars Journal (the better of the two short story books)
- Siege (lost some steam but still excellent)
- Thors (top 5)
- 1602 Witch Hunter Angela (guilty pleasure)
- 1872 (top 5 and so fucked up)
- A Force (super fun and cute)
- Civil War (like Siege lost some steam but still a must read imo)
- Hank Johnson Agent of Hydra (amazing one shot)
- Planet Hulk (top 5)
- Weirdworld (top 5)
- Modok Assassin (like Runaways hated the first but loved it by the end)
- Old Man Logan (this one is probably controversial on gaf)
- E dor Extinction (I loved the parody aspect of it, doesnt "work" if you didnt read the Morrison run I guess)
- Giant Size Little Marvel AvX (super cute super fun)

For some reason X-Men 92 isn't on Marvel Unlimited, and Infinity Gauntlet isnt over yet so im not sure if it will end up on the must read yet, its at least good thats for sure.

You have 6 top 5's.

LOL at not remembering Secret Loves. You don't remember the amazing Gurihuru drawn Misty and Danny story???

Renew your vows on the don't bother list? Its one of the best tie ins.

I thought Runaways was a steaming pile of shit and the creative team on it have done so much better outside of that book. Was so let down by it.

TheFlow

Banned
Finished all of fatale

4/5

The book is honestly great and keeps getting better but the finale volume is what sours the experience. You start to realize the pages are becoming few but your questions are growing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You have 6 top 5's.

LOL at not remembering Secret Loves. You don't remember the amazing Gurihuru drawn Misty and Danny story???

Renew your vows on the don't bother list? Its one of the best tie ins.

I thought Runaways was a steaming pile of shit and the creative team on it have done so much better outside of that book. Was so let down by it.

I forgot that danny misty part, i loved that. Ok ill move it to the good pile. I stand by the rest screw you guys!

And youre right I do have 6 in the top 5, I would drop Planet Hulk then

PsychBat!

Banned
Old Man Logan being on your must have list is not controversial at all. I loved that book and most here thought it was an unexpected surprise by Bendis considering his other tie-in was the worst thing to come out of that event.

Rhaknar

You motherfuckers hating on Runaways makes my soul weep. Its high school hijinks with Calvin & Hobbes style art. Fuck all of you, heartless bastards. You hated Little Marvel also anyway, bunch of no childhood cartoon watching millenial bastards ;_;

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I do. I fear for that puppy in your avatar. I bet you beat him... with rolled up Uncanny X-men issues :(

He survived. That pic is almost 9 years old.

You should more worried about the 90% of your list I did agree with. We're basically the same person. Which means deep down you really don't like Bachalo either.

diaspora

Good lord, the Civil War comics were so fucking bad. At least the movie was more even handed between each side, I'd even call Tony a
victim
in the new movie.

Rhaknar

He survived. That pic is almost 9 years old.

You should more worried about the 90% of your list I did agree with. We're basically the same person. Which means deep down you really don't like Bachalo either.

2948966-tumblr_ngu424kgqi1r3i2kko2_r1_500-no-disney-is-not-ditching-george-lucas-s-ideas-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-gif-230159.gif

Oh shit that reminds me im super behind on Star Wars stuff. Lets see:

Darth Vader #9-11
Star Wars #9-11
Lando #4-5
Kanan #6-7

:(

Boogiepop

Sophie Campbell is leaving Jem :(. 16 is her last issue.

Dang, that's actually fairly worrying as the art was a ton of what was making the book so much fun (having read the first trade. Did I mention I read that, btw? Because I did, and I enjoyed it enough that it made my "yeah, I like this enough that it's staying physical instead of getting punted to digital" list).

Mostly agree with Rhaknar's list. Maybe swap Squadron Sinister and Korvac up to the must read pile and bring Giant size little marvel AvX and MODOK down a tier. Bring Renew Your Vows and Future Imperfect up to the middle too.

There's really some brilliant tie ins for Secret Wars. Props to Marvel for trying something that ambitious.

MU is a godsend

Just read Justice League #49.

Noooooo @ Barda
leaving the battle. I hope we get a side story about her trying to free her people on Apokalips though. Watching her solo everything would be absolutely brilliant.

Top Bottom