• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Just read Justice League #49.

Noooooo @ Barda
leaving the battle. I hope we get a side story about her trying to free her people on Apokalips though. Watching her solo everything would be absolutely brilliant.

I've been loving Darkseid War. I hope Grail sticks around after the event, she's a really interesting character.

*shudders*

Yeah, sorry Messi, that smile is creepy as fuck.

Messi

It's true. Most of Secret Wars' tie-ins were pretty blah in hindsight. Still some good stuff there, though.

I think Noelle Stevenson is a much better writer than what she delivered in that book. Sanford did Sanford.

But if you liked it. I am happy for you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spurrier X-Force > Remender Uncanny X-Force. One of the many facts of life that ComicGaf refuses to accept and thus, shall never be credible.

djgtu52.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
It's true. Most of Secret Wars' tie-ins were pretty blah in hindsight. Still some good stuff there, though.
We have a good chunk of good to decent tie-ins before even considering Runaways if I want to be fair.

Not being fair, Runaways was just awful with the story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After what I've read of Cry Havoc, I'm very much doubting Spurrier's apparent god-writer powers.

Hey man, Bendis is writing Invincible Ironman so... you know.

Or is he? Probably a shadow writer lol

I haven't read much of Spurrier but his book with Legion in it was really really well written in a way few comics tend to be. Im kind of a sucker for stories centering on characters that win and lose to their mental illnesses.

ComicsAlliance had a pretty good piece on it.
Up to this point, Legion has had trouble controlling his powers.You see, Legion doesn’t just have one or two powers — he has thousands of them, from telepathy to reality-bending to “plasma-explodo-whooshiness” (to quote the character himself). The problem is, every one of those powers manifests itself as a different personality inside his head, and every one of those powers constantly vies for control of Legion’s mind. He’s always had problems controlling them, but given the recent passing of his dad and the resulting psychic trauma, the inmates in Legion’s head are running the psychic asylum. Right now, Legion needs those powers.
In this time of frustration and desperation, Legion concocts a simple, yet powerful mantra that helps him gain control, however momentarily: I Rule Me. This becomes Legion’s war cry, a way for him to access his powers and “drown out the noise,” as he says.

Rhaknar

I haven't read much of Spurrier but his book with Legion in it was really really well written in a way few comics tend to be. Im kind of a sucker for stories centering on characters that win and lose to their mental illnesses.

ComicsAlliance had a pretty good piece on it.

Well you should read his X-Force then because
Phantomex
is batshit crazy in it.
Cable
isnt much better either.

Rhaknar

Those were serious questions. I just got back into comics last summer. I've read nothing from Marvel between 2005 and Secret Wars.

In that case, no Cable isnt in Uncanny X-Force and Phantomex is a Gambit wannabe and further proof that Betsy has terrible taste in men.

Fantomex is a superhero whose powers are douchiness, self-superiority, and some other stuff about having three brains, but mostly the first two.

Me and BK will fight you Messi
Will we? I love Spurrier's run, but I still feel Remender's is better. It has some core emotional moments that Spurrier's lacks. Although, Spurrier gets mad points for making Cable and Fantomex the scummiest motherfuckers on the planet.

Don't forget that while you guys are watching the superhero movie for children, a Punisher movie also comes out in select theaters this weekend
clicking on OT comics threads not made by ComicsGAF members

IN 2016
don't forget that it was one of our own who made the Batgirl cover thread

Spurrier X-Force > Remender Uncanny X-Force. One of the many facts of life that ComicGaf refuses to accept and thus, shall never be credible.

djgtu52.gif

but Spurrier X-Force is so... ugly

like i couldn't even read it

Rhaknar

Will we? I love Spurrier's run, but I still feel Remender's is better. It has some core emotional moments that Spurrier's lacks. Although, Spurrier gets mad points for making Cable and Fantomex the scummiest motherfuckers on the planet.

Youre like that friend in school that says he has your back, then the bullies show up and he hightails outta there and you catch a beating

This would be correct if Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force wasn't the single greatest X-Men comic in history.

But it is.

Rhaknar

This would be correct if Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force wasn't the single greatest X-Men comic in history.

But it is.

I think its the most overrated X-Men comic in history. Well, second, first would be Days of Future Past. Its one random issue people!

ElNarez

Banned
The only bad recent X-Force run was the Garney/Humphries one and even then I could kinda defend it.

X-Force is dope why the fuck is there no X-Force book fuck you Marvel

Wat.

You are a madman.

It's taken 18 months to get this far haha

He's performing a public service

I'd honestly recommend people to just stick to the essentials from this era, as when they're good they're GOOD, but when they're bad they're BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Avengers have consistently been good reads. Sadly everything is often very poor to terrible.

So many robots too.

There were never Reboots.

Ah, I see. What are the different Vols about?

Also I think I see why CMRO finishes ~2004, as Comicbookherald seems to have an intensive Reading Order from 2000 to Present day, so I can always follow that. I'm still not sure why Avengers Disassembled seems to be some sort of landmark amongst those compiling Chronological Reading Orders. I guess I'll find out in 20 years time!

I'm somewhat tempted to reading CMRO's classic reading order and Comic Book Herald's more modern take on 616 reading order to split things up. Now sure how much that will confuse me though.

duckroll

Finished the first Fatale deluxe. Which has Death Chases Me and The Devil's Business. Sorry but anyone who has negative things to say about this is crazy in my book. :)

Top Bottom