• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Owzers

Walking Dead #154 was pretty good but the amount of
Neganisms might have been a bit much at the end, i didn't like his " I think i'm in love" last line.

Zombine

Banned
Burn The Witch was pretty wack, but Daydreaming is perfection. Is it Sunday yet?

Ugh tell me about it...I can't wait. I'll be preordering the limited edition vinyl set. Also, good on them for giving us a digital download in the meantime.

So yeah, I just read the Civil War II special and I thought it was pretty hype. I'm tired as hell of Thanos, but Thanos with
guns
is so hammy and over the top I can't help but love the shit out of it.

Im sure the Radiohead tracks will sound better in context of the album cuz right now ?????

I honestly want Spectre on it. It's too good to become some lost b-side. It fits with the first two tracks and I really want to listen to it outside of YouTube and soundcloud.

TheFlow

Banned
We stand on guard 3/5

potential to be sooo good but being 6 issues for something like this was a bad idea. Nothing was resolved

Hagi

So I'm going to pick up that Robert Vendetti Green Lantern Rebirth book. Here's hoping its good.

I read some of his hobo trenchcoat Lantern book and it was bad. I might try out Humphries Lantern book but I hate Baz and Hal is Hal.

Browsing through some comic news sites and I find out that Hank Pym is coming back in Uncanny Avengers? holy shit I had issues with Rage of Ultron and his characterization in it but damn I really want to read this.

Sandfox

I read some of his hobo trenchcoat Lantern book and it was bad. I might try out Humphries Lantern book but I hate Baz and Hal is Hal.

Browsing through some comic news sites and I find out that Hank Pym is coming back in Uncanny Avengers? holy shit I had issues with Rage of Ultron and his characterization in it but damn I really want to read this.

After reading Humphries' Star-Lord I feel sorry for the Green Lantern fans.

Sandfox

Literally the only hope I have for that book is that Star-Lord was the result of editorial meddling to line up with the movie.

Star-Lord is horrible beyond those things and according to Bendis it was Humphries that pushed Starlord and Kitty so hard, which makes sense when you think about it.

So the red guy definitely
has to be Miles Warren now
Better than
Mephisto at least

I still think it's Mephisto based on the little I've heard about the issue.

El Topo

Wait, hold on, William Gibson is working on comics now? Best news ever. He should've tried that ages ago and I should've read the OP earlier.

Ashby

Hey guys, is Mark Waid writing any Marvel books besides ANAD Avengers? Wikipedia's bibliography section for comic book writers is never helpful when it comes to currently running series.

Owzers

Hey guys, is Mark Waid writing any Marvel books besides ANAD Avengers? Wikipedia's bibliography section for comic book writers is never helpful when it comes to currently running series.

he's also doing the Black Widow book with Samnee.

I'm not editing my post just because it was second. I'm editing it to say that i'm not editing it though.

Hagi

He's writing Black Widow at the moment and it's fantastic so pick that shit up. Miles better than his tepid Avengers book.

Ashby

Thanks everybody!

He's writing Black Widow at the moment and it's fantastic so pick that shit up. Miles better than his tepid Avengers book.

Well that's disappointing to hear. I've been looking forward to the trade of the first arc coming in.

Hagi

Well that's disappointing to hear. I've been looking forward to the trade of the first arc coming in.

Who knows you might like it, I just think it's boring. He isn't doing anything special with it to make it his own and that bums me out.

tim1138

So I'm going to pick up that Robert Vendetti Green Lantern Rebirth book. Here's hoping its good.

Look, if you just wanna throw money away every month you can just give it to me.

In other news, Civil War was pretty good. Black Panther was my favorite part and I still could not care less about Cap and Bucky. Movie directors need to say no to shaky cam during fight scenes, it's so annoying.

Sadist

Man the Civil War II thing is shite. So terrible.

But the Dead No More thing is quite a thing as well. Nearing the Osborne had sex with Gwen thing

This money could've been better spent. Like there's gotta be a giant raging dumpster fire somewhere in your town you can throw that cash into.

Man the Civil War II thing is shite. So terrible.

But the Dead No More thing is quite a thing as well. Nearing the Osborne had sex with Gwen thing

image.php

frye

I went to a different store than I usually go to today and they didn't let you pick what you wanted so I ended up just giving my grab bag of Sonic comics back which was the only defensible decision imo

instead I picked up something called Oriental Heroes and three issues of Cerebus reprints from the dollar bin and laughed heartily at the dozen issues of Brigade #1 they put right next to each other

Oriental Heroes sounds like the greatest Mark Millar comic ever made

"Yeah, ya know, I here the Chinamen are in these days, and I wanted to make a book for them. I got through page 1 before Universal got on the line asking me for the rights for a film adaptation, would you believe it?"

frye

Oriental Heroes sounds like the greatest Mark Millar comic ever made

"Yeah, ya know, I here the Chinamen are in these days, and I wanted to make a book for them. I got through page 1 before Universal got on the line asking me for the rights for a film adaptation, would you believe it?"

*film proceeds to make bank at the box office and further solidifies ties between film execs and Mark Millar while Grant Morrison does another comic based off more movies that didn't get off the ground*

never read 2000 ad but I've always been interested in Dredd.

I feel like 40k and to a lesser extent, Fantasy, are just these massively untapped universes, but they've been growing steadily over the last few years.

They are extremely well developed as far as literature is concerned. Sadly, GW's standards when it came to any other form of media were quite restrictive for a very long while.

Which reminds me that i should give Battlefield Gothic a spin as soon as im done with DS3.

Fwiw, Titan, by Abnett, should be pretty good too. I just like flyboyz more.

2000ad is more in terms of art. which is, well... ridiculous.

ElNarez

Banned
*film proceeds to make bank at the box office and further solidifies ties between film execs and Mark Millar while Grant Morrison does another comic based off more movies that didn't get off the ground*

Annihilator is a goddamn classic, meanwhile who the fuck is gonna remember the worse versions of average movies?

Top Bottom