• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

mreddie

you mean besides yours ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
tumblr_lv78h8lBnh1r2zl9wo1_500.gif

Messi

Haha, good jo....

...ke. Fuck. Well, I mean, good things take time. It's okay, I enjoy Lazarus as well. Also I have an enormous backlog of comics to buy/check out, so it's fine, really. It's all great.

It's taking a year off so Rucka and Scott can work on Wonder Woman, no?

Vyer

pretty satisfied with hamilton books. not only for getting me One Million omni and Absolute Final Crisis for 30 bucks each, but for packaging like they gave a shit.

did not expect FC to look like that. quite a big book.

i have been omnibus'd

El Topo

It's taking a year off so Rucka and Scott can work on Wonder Woman, no?

No idea. It's all fine with me, really. I only got into reading comics last year, so there is an enormous amount of comics I still have to check out. Haven't even begun to delve into Alan Moore's work for example.

pretty satisfied with hamilton books. not only for getting me One Million omni and Absolute Final Crisis for 30 bucks each, but for packaging like they gave a shit.

i have been omnibus'd

holy fuck is that a ryan sook cover

Done with Usagi Yojimba Saga v2. A collection of three regular volumes but there is no drop in quality or filler at any point. I've caught up with about 15 years worth of work and I don't know how Sakai draws, writes, letters this and continues to maintain that high quality.

Best new character has to be Inspector Ishida.

Not sure who this odd looking character is supposed to be...\

On to Ivar, TimeWalker tpb 1 and Squirrel Girl tpb 2 next.

tim1138

i have been omnibus'd

Yo, don't forgot your 3D glasses when reading the Superman Beyond stuff in Final Crisis

Does Sinestro Corp War hold up by itself?

Yep

the book is so beautiful i almost don't want to tear them out

The Absolute edition, the price, the 3D (!) and Morrison aspects of the book intrigue me.

But then I remember I couldn't understand/complete Infinite Crisis or Crisis on Infinite Earths and I step back.

Messi

Just catching up on Deadpool. Holy shit this most recent arc with Sabertooth is brutal and amazing. The artist on these issues is so fucking good too. His name is Matteo Lolli. I hope he stays after this arc. It seems he also drew Hawkeye vs Deadpool which I loved and Deadpools Secret Wars.

I loved this bit in Hawkeye vs Deadpool. Poor Katie Kate.

Just catching up on Deadpool. Holy shit this most recent arc with Sabertooth is brutal and amazing. The artist on these issues is so fucking good too. His name is Matteo Lolli. I hope he stays after this arc. It seems he also drew Hawkeye vs Deadpool which I loved and Deadpools Secret Wars.

I loved this bit in Hawkeye vs Deadpool. Poor Katie Kate.
wow this is seriously great
Yo, don't forgot your 3D glasses when reading the Superman Beyond stuff in Final Crisis

Yep

sweet thx

Messi

^ ha, pitch perfect expressions. Who's the artist?

wow this is seriously great

sweet thx

Both of you should pick up the 5 issue mini called Hawkeye vs Deadpool. It's recent and is amazing. Plus it features Katie.

Artist is Matteo Lolli

He is doing an excellent job on the current Deadpool book (7-10 I believe the ones with Allred covers). He also drew Deadpool Killustrated

TheFlow

Banned
Invincible ultimate collection 1

Oh man this is my second time reading it but I now get more of the references since I am more exp with the comic medium. Looking forward to watching mark Grow into a hero

i have been omnibus'd

that dc one million omni is sexy, might be my first omnibus buy. I have the trade but it's really not the complete story.

went to 2 different stores today, neither had 2000 AD :(

I did end up with like 8 between both stores though. Only read the Love & Rockets one so far but it was tight. Also bought the Chrononauts TP because it's cheap and I wanted to buy something while picking up free books. Grabbed Invincible Iron Man, Starfire, and Titans Hunt #1s and a few misc back issues at the other one.

i'm fucking dying

So can one of you fellows help me with DC Final Crisis & Infinite Crisis? What's the difference between them and what are they about? Are they any good? Thanks in advance.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I liked those pages

I did too.

Got Saga Vol. 5 at Free Comic Book Day, (they didn't have We Can Never Go Home which was a bummer) so I'm up to issue 30.

I'm starting to have the same problem with it that I have with Game of Thrones. If you keep killing all the good characters, what's left?

Messi

I did too.

Got Saga Vol. 5 at Free Comic Book Day, (they didn't have We Can Never Go Home which was a bummer) so I'm up to issue 30.

I'm starting to have the same problem with it that I have with Game of Thrones. If you keep killing all the good characters, what's left?

Ghuus. Always Ghuus.

Finally catching up to ANAD on MU. Iron Man ain't bad so far but then I hit pages like this and remember it's a Bendis book

48 bubbles. 2 panels.

I can defend this pretty easy actually. Theres not really any reason for there to be additional panels. The body language isn't going to change from bubble to bubble and additional paneling is unlikely to execute the story any better. Bendis also tends to make it easy on his artist from time to time. You might look at this and say fuck why is there is so many bubbles per panel? but taking it easy panel wise on artists is one way to let them consistently bring it as best they can.

That being said, that approach has been ineffective several times before but its fine here. Theres no rules when it comes to the number of bubbles per panel. Its all about the flow of conversation that should dictate panels. The tone of the dialogue is pretty consistent through out those two panels. No need for change imo

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I did too.

I don't feel like that many of the good characters have been killed off on either one.

Top Bottom