• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

YuElO6F.jpg
Wing Slayer Hunters? So are they hunters who hunt wing slayers? Or are they wing slayers and also wing hunters? I'm confused.
I'm gonna have to see X-Men Apocalypse because Psylocke is MY GIRL, and sometimes you gotta represent even when you don't give a shit about and kinda resent the Fox X-Men movies.
The best part of the last trailer was the Psylocke v Beast moment.

Secret Listvasion

-Vision #7
-Starfire #12
-Red Hood/Arsenal #12
-Gotham Academy #18
-Batman/TMNT #6
-Batman #52
-Action Comics #52

Of these, most anticipated is easily Vision, with Batman/TMNT in second.

Vic_Viper

Why doesn't Comixology have any of the fcbd books available? Even if their like 1$ each I'd pick a few up. I don't have a local comic book shop anymore so I'm kinda sol I guess.

Why doesn't Comixology have any of the fcbd books available? Even if their like 1$ each I'd pick a few up. I don't have a local comic book shop anymore so I'm kinda sol I guess.

Someone mentioned the other day they will show up a week or so later. I think FCBD is mainly to get some footsteps into brick & mortar stores.

The lack of respect DC had for Unknown Soldier is disgusting. Where is my Omnibus at? I'm tired of these TPB's.

That was a really good book. I'm kind of surprised that DC hasn't released an Absolute edition at this point.
I am not at all surprised that DC hasn't released an Absolute edition at this point

Wing Slayer Hunters? So are they hunters who hunt wing slayers? Or are they wing slayers and also wing hunters? I'm confused.

Doesn't matter. Just an excuse for people to read about some boning anyway.

Sent my first set of comics to be bound. Now to figure out how to use Gimp and make custom covers.

The ads are still in there when they bind them, no? That's kind of gross.

They'll go up in the next few weeks or so. A big part of FCBD is to get people to go to comic shops so they stagger releases out so people make an effort to go.

They'll go up in the next few weeks or so. A big part of FCBD is to get people to go to comic shops so they stagger releases out so people make an effort to go.

I know when I still bought physical books that people got kinda shitty about it at my LCS, so they changed their policy and now end up only ordering FCBD books for people who have pull-lists at the shop.

I know when I still bought physical books that people got kinda shitty about it at my LCS, so they changed their policy and now end up only ordering FCBD books for people who have pull-lists at the shop.

I've never gotten a chance to even go since I always work when it pops up.

I'm sure my shop gets crazy though, they usually do like events and stuff. I know they usually do an artist alley of their own in the store.

I've never gotten a chance to even go since I always work when it pops up.

I'm sure my shop gets crazy though, they usually do like events and stuff. I know they usually do an artist alley of their own in the store.

Yeah, my shop just had issues with people coming in and trying to take multiple copies of everything and then being shitty when they were told they couldn't. The shop still has to pay for FCBD books.

i think the best way to do it is to just put a hard limit on the number of books you can take

That's reasonable. What my shop ended up doing, since they limit it now to people who have pull-lists, was handing out a sheet with all the FCBD books and having their regulars check off which FCBD books they wanted. So the shop just ordered exactly what they needed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That's reasonable. What my shop ended up doing, since they limit it now to people who have pull-lists, was handing out a sheet with all the FCBD books and having their regulars check off which FCBD books they wanted. So the shop just ordered exactly what they needed.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the day?

Vic_Viper

I

Anyways, read 52 above all else.

Haven't read 52 myself but have always heard great things and have been wanting too for awhile. What is recommended to read first other than Crisis? How much of the book is Morrison and how much is Johns? I can't believe I've put it off this long, it's gotta be 2 of my all time favorite writers in DC working on the same book for a year.

Zombine

Banned
The whole point of FCBD is to introduce new readers to the world of comics. Yes, some people are there for the free shit, but the success is in the few that do stay and return every week/month for their books thus keeping the store afloat.

Spider-Woman 6

What the fuck is this? Get back to the story, I don't want Gwen and a Silk in this shit!

Marvel and their constant cross-overs...

Messi

Spider-Woman 6

What the fuck is this? Get back to the story, I don't want Gwen and a Silk in this shit!

Marvel and their constant cross-overs...

It's an attempt to save both Silk and Spider-woman by attaching their books to Gwen and hoping sales transfer over.

Bii

My LCS has a limit of two FCBD books per adult, and three for children. I can usually grab a lot of leftovers after the line has died down but didn't want to wait any longer since I had lunch plans. I grabbed Street Fighter V and Civil War II. Going to try and get the rest during Midtown's online drop tomorrow.

I got a free Mr. Freeze head sketch from Derek Fridolfs.

Top Bottom