• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Also, I need some suggestions for stuff similar to Saga. Any suggestions?

I don't know of anything that is going to be super similar to Saga but here are some other great Image books you could try.

Copperhead might be the closest that I read. It's more like Firefly meets Gunsmoke though. It's about a new sheriff at small mining town on frontier planet not long after humans have won a war against an alien race.

Here are some other great Image titles if you are just looking for something good to read in general.

Lazarus
Revival
Shutter
Manifest Destiny
East of West
Deadly Class
Birthright
Chew

4001 AD: XO Manowar #1
A&A Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #3
All-New All-Different Avengers #9
Archie #8
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6 of 6
Black Panther #2
Gotham Academy #18
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #3
The Rocketteer at War #3 of 4
Shutter #21
Southern Bastards #14
Starfire #12
Star Trek Ongoing #57
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #58
Unbelievable Gwenpool #2
The Vision #7
Web Warriors #7

Messi

Soon? Hard to say. But it will be on sale digitally before the end of the year probably at least twice. Image at the end of the year always does a publisher wide sale. They also put most of their series on sale multiple times a year.

Usually at SDCC time no?

Zombine

Banned
Yeah but when you get stuff all the time it ends up not being special and you forget about it.

Kind of like Marvel movies.

So everything I wished the last couple of seasons of Dr. Who had ...

-- Good timey-wimey scripting
-- No fawning over the Doctor
-- Interesting companion with his/her own story arc and character progression
--
Asian companion
-- Quicker progression of the main arc without filler

I seem to get in Ivar, Timewalker. Enjoyed the first four issues, looking forward to the next 8.

Spoken like some that has never had a best friend brainwashed into an assassin

Romanova had that happen and still went #teamstark.

duckroll

Soon? Hard to say. But it will be on sale digitally before the end of the year probably at least twice. Image at the end of the year always does a publisher wide sale. They also put most of their series on sale multiple times a year.

Soon enough for me. I'll just wait and grab the entire series when it's on sale again then, thanks! :)

--
Asian companion

I seem to get in Ivar, Timewalker. Enjoyed the first four issues, looking forward to the next 8.

Romanova had that happen and still went #teamstark.

She played team Stark until the moment of truth when she helps Bucky and Cap escape by slowing down BP!

Giving Black Mask a shot. Grabbed We Can Never Go Home along with the first issue of 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank. Excited to try them out.

How's Yung Young Terrorists?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

--
Asian companion

I stopped watching last fall after Arya's second episode.

ElNarez

Banned
I stopped watching last fall after Arya's second episode.

Honestly this latest season was the most cohesive since season 5. It's a great statement about its characters. Okay it has that two-parter where the dildo aliens are ISIS, but, that's the only outright bad thing in that.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Done with Manhattan Projects. It reads more like an ending of Act 1 instead of a series end. I'll probably get vol 6 down the line, but that seems more like a spin-off than a direct follow-up.

shingi70

Banned
Action Comics #52
Batman #52
Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #5
Legends of Tomororw #5
Swamp Thing #5
Darth Vader #20
4001 A.D. X-O Manowar #1
Black Panther #2

Messi

Giving Black Mask a shot. Grabbed We Can Never Go Home along with the first issue of 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank. Excited to try them out.

A good start that has been marred by a long wait for issue two. Apparently it's coming this month.

Issue one is long though. I think it's 80 pages

Honestly this latest season was the most cohesive since season 5. It's a great statement about its characters. Okay it has that two-parter where the dildo aliens are ISIS, but, that's the only outright bad thing in that.

Season 5 was the last really good season. It's a shame the writing's been so inconsistent as I like Capaldi. Many of Smith's episodes suffered from the same problem.

tim1138

Young Terrorists is good, but probably the weakest of those three. It's had insane delays, but the first issue was like 80 pages long and according to their website issue 2 drops this month. 4 Kids was probably my favorite comic last month.

Done with Manhattan Projects. It reads more like an ending of Act 1 instead of a series end. I'll probably get vol 6 down the line, but that seems more like a spin-off than a direct follow-up.

It's a direct continuation of the Yuri/Laika story. I'm still bummed we never got to see more of the Manhattan Projects multiverse, it looked good and crazy.

I legit love this dude. Ask Brashear what powers he has and he'll add two more just because. I'm going to work on a cool thread about how they're starting to prep him for MCU, and what they can do to nerf/centralize his powers. I think Ultimates is heading in the right direction. His new costume is dope as fuck.

...you do realize that most of his life was pretty much an ocean of shit, yeah?

but yes, he mad op

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's a direct continuation of the Yuri/Laika story. I'm still bummed we never got to see more of the Manhattan Projects multiverse, it looked good and crazy.

Has Hickman commented on the future of the series? Because the 4 issues in that last volume came out with pretty big gaps in between them, not exactly getting my hopes up for more MP in the near future.

Lazarus
Revival
Shutter
Manifest Destiny
East of West
Deadly Class
Birthright
Chew

Man, and I thought I knew about every must read Image series out there, I need to add the bolded to the wishlist :/ The art for Birthright looks nuts

VanWinkle

Sinestro Corps War was incredible. Such a focused but still really epic story with a wonderfully satisfying climax and end. And with that comes the end of the first omnibus volume. I can't continue until I get volume two (I have volume three, though), so I think I will start Kabuki now.

Hellboy in Hell #9 was wonderful. The more abstract setting in this series is a perfect fit for Mignola and Stewart. It's nice to finally learn more about Hell in this universe too. I can't believe it ends next month :(

Someone please give me another book with Blood in the title.

YuElO6F.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I heard X-Men starts a week earlier here around?

#TeamEurope stays winning again.
Still dont gives shit about that movie, I hope I wont be forced to watch it

I heard X-Men starts a week earlier here around?

#TeamEurope stays winning again.
Still dont gives shit about that movie, I hope I wont be forced to watch it

Yeah I saw that too. Meh. You guys can have that one.

I think I'm going to go see Civil War again by myself Monday morning

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah I saw that too. Meh. You guys can have that one.

I think I'm going to go see Civil War again by myself Monday morning
By cousins wanted to see CV this weekend and wanted to take me with them but forgot it as it seems :/

Will watch the movie on Blu-Ray then.

Still more interested in Gambit then in Apocalypse.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm gonna have to see X-Men Apocalypse because Psylocke is MY GIRL, and sometimes you gotta represent even when you don't give a shit about and kinda resent the Fox X-Men movies.

ElNarez

Banned
worked for the walking dead

can't wait for "you know, in the end, we really were the wicked and the divine", "and that's the story of how we went east... of west" and "and what do you call it? a saga"

every image comic should do it

It looks like Starbrand & Nightmask ends with #6 in a couple weeks here? That's too bad, I really like this book.

April
223 Starbrand and Nightmask 4 $3.99 Marvel 6,678 units sold

I'm kinda impressed that they didn't cancel it sooner, tbh

Shame, i quite like the characters.
--
ultimates selling sub 30k? wtfffffffffff

April
223 Starbrand and Nightmask 4 $3.99 Marvel 6,678 units sold

I'm kinda impressed that they didn't cancel it sooner, tbh

Shame, i quite like the characters.
--
ultimates selling sub 30k? wtfffffffffff