• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

ComicGaf need your thoughts on :

I zombie

Sleeper

5000 km

Green arrow by jeff

Dc frontier

GA by Lemire is solid. The writing is... serviceable, but not exceptional. The art, though, the art. My god. Sorrentino putting in WORK.

DC New Frontier is fantastic. A wonderful charming tale of the transition between the Golden and Silver ages of comics, though I'd argue that it's more like the Bronze in how it actually tackles difficult concepts.

I zombie

Sleeper

5000 km per second

Green arrow by jeff

Dc frontier

Edit: trying to place a IST order

• Definitely get iZombie, especially if you like Mike Allred art.
  • I own 5000 km/second but I have yet to read it. Looks like it could be pretty sad.
  • The Lemire run on Green Arrow was my first time ever reading GA, and it was a good run. Especially with the Sorrentino art. If you like Sorrentino, I, Vampire is also worth checking out.
  • DC Frontier is a book everyone says is good. The Darwyn Cooke art is great, but I find that the Golden Age schtick really doesn't resonate well with me. I liked the art, but the subject matter never really grabbed me. It's a very nice book though, if you're talking about the Deluxe Edition.

TheFlow

Banned
Damn I plan to buy them but you guys are making them all sound good.
I can only get two on this order

Might go with izombie instead of sleeper though

Owzers

i'd go Izombie and New Frontier. Didn't think much of Lemire's first Green Arrow trade, it was okay with nice art but i'd skipppp. The hardcover is nice though, as collected editions go from teh pics.

TheFlow

Banned
Haha ok I bought Izombie and another really really popular choice.

I will give you guys a hint it is a DC comic written by grant

Will buy the rest of the list I provided this Friday. Just didn't want to lose my 2 percent bonus

Messi

Damn, when did Messi start getting so negative about everything?

I am very positive on lots of things. Like Overwatch. I just don't think you need a game in between those games. It's overkill. Then again if one appeals when go for it. I struggle to play 1 game let alone 3.

I zombie

Sleeper

5000 km per second

Green arrow by jeff

Dc frontier

5000KM Per Second was fantastic and probably the best choice out of those. It's easily the best graphic novel I've read all year.

It's the only one I've read of those, but my point still stands
Any of you guys getting Homefront or Doom? I'm trying to decide between the two for my Between-Uncharted-4-and-Overwatch game.
NuDoom looks pretty struggle imo, haven't looked at Homefront though

uglyvaliant.png

Any of you guys getting Homefront or Doom? I'm trying to decide between the two for my Between-Uncharted-4-and-Overwatch game.

Both.

Homefront due to ex-free radical devs + open world first person shooter, which has picked my interest.

Doom because it looks fun as fuck, even if the beta wasn't as fast-paced as i would've liked.

plus i bought a horipad 4 fps plus swag yolo, gotta use this thing.

I am very positive on lots of things. Like Overwatch. I just don't think you need a game in between those games. It's overkill. Then again if one appeals when go for it. I struggle to play 1 game let alone 3.

I'mma wait on reviews first. I don't even know how long the Uncharted 4 campaign is. I'm not really interested in the MP.

NuDoom looks pretty struggle imo, haven't looked at Homefront though

Struggle? What does that mean? Looks fun, though. So does the MP.

Anything even remotely connected to Tumblr is evil in the eyes of the internet. Just ask people like me. :/

First I've heard of this. What's wrong with Tumblr besides the things everyone already knows?

Messi

Spider-woman is the best book most of you aren't reading. It's so fucking good and the art is incredible. The two issues where she has the baby and then the first few weeks after are stellar comics.

Anything even remotely connected to Tumblr is evil in the eyes of the internet. Just ask people like me. :/

It's funny since Tumblr is mostly all over big stuff like Avengers, X-Men, and the Batfamily. So it's not much different than most comic communities!

TheFlow

Banned
Reading invincible and finding that #14-23 are kinda boring. Like there are some cool parts but it doesn't capture me like the first 14 issues did. I got one more issue to go before the next hc.

I am going to keep reading because I am curious to see how the future arcs play out

Reading invincible and finding that #14-23 are kinda boring. Like there are some cool parts but it doesn't capture me like the first 14 issues did. I got one more issue to go before the next hc.

I am going to keep reading because I am curious to see how the future arcs play out

Stick with it. It does get really good. Especially when Ryan Ottley takes over on art.

VanWinkle

I zombie

Sleeper

5000 km per second

Green arrow by jeff

Dc frontier

I have only read Green Arrow by Lemire and DC Frontier, but I loved both of them. New Frontier is my favorite comic.

Squirrel Girl #7 and #8 are some of the greatest comics ever. You go from SG explaining databases to Cat Thor and Mewnir. I hope North and Henderson write this forever.

Have you seen Ottleys art? It's amazing

Here's a pinup he did for I hate fairyland

Haha, that pinup is great. But Ottley didn't get that good overnight. He was good when he started working on Invincible but he's one of those artists where you see a lot of improvement over the years.

Overwatch is a cool world and setting wasted on being a multiplayer only game.

Wow. That's an opinion I didn't expect to hear. I can relate. I don't usually go for online shooters, but I've been having a lot of fun with Overwatch. I usually prefer single-player campaigns. I'm not saying it's a perfect game, Blizzard definitely has some learning to do in regards to mapmaking, but it's not a bad game.

Owzers

Overwatch is a cool world and setting wasted on being a multiplayer only game.

should be a basketball game. I'm still kinda iffy on the whole respawn/run back to the action multiplayer games. The routine tires me out, especially with a bad team that doesn't stick together so each person is at a different respawn schedule. I really called it quits at Gears 2 or 3, just sinking hours into the same old stuff for slightly different gameplay encounters with so much wasted time. Let me have a car that rams into a soccer ball and gets on with it.

Top Bottom