• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

shingi70

Banned
Wow. That's an opinion I didn't expect to hear. I can relate. I don't usually go for online shooters, but I've been having a lot of fun with Overwatch. I usually prefer single-player campaigns. I'm not saying it's a perfect game, Blizzard definitely has some learning to do in regards to mapmaking, but it's not a bad game.

I've enjoyed what I've played of the game.(mei is life) but i can't see myself plooping $60 dollars on the game when I own 4-5 games with healthy multiplayer communities.

Shame because overwatch is up there with Destiny and Halo 5 for having the shooting and mechanics feel just right.

Did DC ever give an ETA on the Young Animal release dates.

should be a basketball game. I'm still kinda iffy on the whole respawn/run back to the action multiplayer games. The routine tires me out, especially with a bad team that doesn't stick together so each person is at a different respawn schedule.

The slog back to the action is really mitigated by Symmetra's teleporter. She's a good character and I love her.

I've enjoyed what I've played of the game.(mei is life) but i can't see myself plooping $60 dollars on the game when I own 4-5 games with healthy multiplayer communities.

I hear you. I was playing so much of the beta I was half-wondering if I'd be too tired of it to buy the full version. Still not 100% sure.

I might have to be her, I've only stepped into a teleporter once over the three nights i've played.

She doesn't seem to be too widely used. She's not a direct-combat character. She relies on placing turrets and slapping shields on allies. But I've gotten 10-kill streaks with her by being sneaky and putting turrets on ceilings and in blindspots so they hit people after they pass through doors.

This guy's got himself a date on Wednesday night. Aww yeah.

ask her "whats your favorite Prince song"

if she says something cool like "7" or "Adore", you got a keeper

if she says something lame like IDK...fuckin "Bat-Dance" leave immediately

if she says "what's Prince" or "I hate Prince", cool the cops right now. Dont leave, wait until the cops get there.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
ask her "whats your favorite Prince song"

if she says something cool like "7" or "Adore", you got a keeper

if she says something lame like IDK...fuckin "Bat-Dance" leave immediately

if she says "what's Prince" or "I hate Prince", cool the cops right now. Dont leave, wait until the cops get there.

Kipp you sly dog you

Your tag couldn't be more appropriate.

Make sure you hide the Godzilla toys.

NO. Fly your nerd flag kipp

Is this code for new comic book day?

Lead with a Doom Patrol discussion

Hahaha. Love you guys.

VanWinkle

Oh man, Starman (James Robinson and Tony Harris) is awesome. Very well written and the art is great. I normally don't really like 90s stuff, but this doesn't feel like a product of the times at all.

Part of me doesn't really even want to read this first volume, since it's the only one I have and there are six total (vol 3 very hard to find at a reasonable price), but I may as well enjoy this one. Maybe one day they'll put out the paperback version of it.

Oh man, Starman (James Robinson and Tony Harris) is awesome. Very well written and the art is great. I normally don't really like 90s stuff, but this doesn't feel like a product of the times at all.

Part of me doesn't really even want to read this first volume, since it's the only one I have and there are six total (vol 3 very hard to find at a reasonable price), but I may as well enjoy this one. Maybe one day they'll put out the paperback version of it.
Starman is a classic run.

The more I read of Inhumans (1998) the more I'm enjoying it. I'm sort of excited about the movie now, and I feel like I should watch Agents of SHIELD since seemingly they're heavily involved in that.
It's nothing like that. AoS will disappoint you heavily if you go in with the expectation of it being akin to the series you're reading. It's more akin to the 2014 run. Plus, no major Inhuman characters e.g. the Royal Family show up. All of them are either original or other existing comic characters.

!

You're reading Civil War?

I read most of the prelude issues, like the Illuminati and spiderman ones, and now I'm up to issue 5 on the main story. I also read She Hulk and half of the X-Men tie ins.

I liked the Road to Civil War, but everything in the actual Civil War storyline got so extra way too fast lol.

It's nothing like that. AoS will disappoint you heavily if you go in with the expectation of it being akin to the series you're reading. It's more akin to the 2014 run. Plus, no major Inhuman characters e.g. the Royal Family show up. All of them are either original or other existing comic characters.

Ah thanks for the advice, maybe I'll just hold off for now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MU update

Black Knight #1
ANAD Wolverine #1
ANAD Avengers #1
Vision #1
Carnage #1
ANAD Hawkeye #1
Illuminati #1
Secret Wars #7
Uncanny X-Men #600
Chewbacca #3

the rest is a bunch of jim lee X-Men issues for some reason

wetflame

Pizza Dog
All-New Wolverine continues to be the best thing they've done with the mantle in a long time.

I really didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I have, expecially as I knew very little of the character previously (outside of her appearing in Avengers Arena), but it's been decent so far.

Nudull

Banned
I really didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I have, expecially as I knew very little of the character previously (outside of her appearing in Avengers Arena), but it's been decent so far.

Man, remember Avengers Arena? Remember when it was made worse by Avengers Undercover not too long after?

Thankfully, Nico was saved by A-Force. Bless her soul.

Sandfox

Man, remember Avengers Arena? Remember when it was made worse by Avengers Undercover not too long after?

Thankfully, Nico was saved by A-Force. Bless her soul.

Avengers Arena wasn't good, but it had me discussing the issues heavily month by month and guessing where it would go next lol.

Even though I was complaining about the dumb Marvel crossovers I really liked that New Wolverine issue with Squirrel Girl.

Also, I feel like I wasn't seeing much talk about Old Man Login, but I think it's been pretty great.

Started reading Batman '66, and it is a bit weird. Felt like good fun for the first couple of issues but am already losing interest at issue #3. Using the style and trying something on top of that might have been a little more interesting but this just seems to be a cover band instead of a band experimenting in its inspiration's genre.

Some bad news about that. It just recently got solicited for a second time and got canceled for a second time too.

But the series is so good, it is worth getting 1-2 paperback, 4-5-6 in HC and reading 3 through your library or CMX.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thinking about taking Grayson to work as a book to read when there is nothing to do.
I hear Tom King was a CIA Agent, is that true?

Top Bottom