• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

PsychBat!

Banned
FINALLY CAME IN!!!
o9Kv5ky.jpg

Calcium

Banned
Guys, X-Men: Apocalypse is
getting bad reviews. This is the beginning of the end. Marvel is going to get the X-Men back.

Shut up, let me dream.

Zombine

Banned
Last night's GOT basically exposed the whole series and what's going to happen. Pretty excited.

Edit:

My life is Schlock. Sign me up.

Zombine

Banned
You do this to spite me

Gonna be honest, this doesn't look good:
giphy-18-1.gif

I've said this film looked like a wet shart from Day 1. It looks way too hammy and cheap. It always looked worse when the trailer would always air behind Civil War trailers.

Also seriously just fuck Mystique. So tired of this being the Mystique-verse.

Owzers

I liked Aliens because it was an action movie. Aliens and Predator are my movie combo, though i much prefer Predator lately, maybe i'm getting worn out on Aliens.

PsychBat!

Banned
Looks good to me. Jennifer Lawrence has gotten really annoying in the last few years.
The choking looks fake.
Stand by it. Sorry. Cameron is an artless director. Alien was built on mood, could be scary without jumps. Aliens had no atmosphere, was an action movie, could only frighten with jumps. No thanks.

Jump scares are not even a thing after a rewatch. They're barely there on the first viewing as well.

The choking looks fake.

Jump scares are not even a thing after a rewatch. They're barely there on the first viewing as well.

Which means there's no tension at all. That's my point about jump scares. They're cheap and only work once. In Alien in the vents you literally know exactly where the alien is the ENTIRE TIME. And when it gets to Skerritt it STILL scares you. That is art. That is filmmaking. Aliens is a bad Rambo.

PsychBat!

Banned
Which means there's no tension at all. That's my point about jump scares. They're cheap and only work once. In Alien in the vents you literally know exactly where the alien is the ENTIRE TIME. And when it gets to Skerritt it STILL scares you. That is art. That is filmmaking. Aliens is a bad Rambo.

That's cool that you're arguing the merits of it being called a horror movie, but arguing that Aliens shouldn't be called film is blatant baseless bashing.

I've said this film looked like a wet shart from Day 1. It looks way too hammy and cheap. It always looked worse when the trailer would always air behind Civil War trailers.

Also seriously just fuck Mystique. So tired of this being the Mystique-verse.

Is her importance played up in the movies, as I never really considered an important part of the X-Men mythology until the movies came out.

Also I feel bad for The Hulk (still). If men aren't spoiling his naps by shooting him, the Mandarin is always controlling him to do his dirty deeds. Poor Hulk.

Top Bottom