• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Alien and Aliens are two entirely different movies in terms of genre and concept, why even compare them. Why not just love them both for what they are! Also go read the comics!!!!

That's cool that you're arguing the merits of it being called a horror movie, but arguing that Aliens shouldn't be called film is blatant baseless bashing.

I mean, I could go back and add "at least in my opinion" to every sentence but don't honestly tell me I have to. I'm not keeping you from watching or loving it. I just personally think it's a step down so far that the Time Bandits are being held captive over the drop between them.

frye

I read/caught up on so many floppy comics in the last two days I think I'm back on the ales kot train after Material 3 and 4 from (last year??) and Wolf 5 and 6

not sure if it was some kinda comics induced delirium or what though

ElNarez

Banned
I read/caught up on so many floppy comics in the last two days I think I'm back on the ales kot train after Material 3 and 4 from (last year??) and Wolf 5 and 6

hey real genuine advice?

if you wanna get why Material stopped at #4, read The Surface

it makes Ales Kot's whole thing super clear

Can we go back to hating on things that actually deserve the hate, like Star Wars/Trek?

Anyway.

Unknown Soldier by Garth Ennis

HEY, remember when i said that if DC cared about the character, they would hire ennis to write a long series on him? Well, this miniseries explains quite well why they dont. Because what he did is write 110 pages shitting on any and all forms of american military exceptionalism.

And then finished it by calling the soldier a cowardly cunt.

Book's whatever. 90's ennis is just too edgy for me nowadays.

Lmfao am I in a Radiohead video?

Opinions on the internet change readers minds by brute force. Film at 11.

What the fuck is a Radiohead anyway

Material was so damn good. rip

Hows the new artist on Wolf

PsychBat!

Banned
He probably blamed everyone possible, but end of the day he wrote that horrible monstrosity! If he was so ashamed of it, I'd have thought he'd pull his name from it.

I'm pretty glad Whedon isn't directing more Avengers movies.

I liked Avengers 1 and 2 (to a lesser extent)

But 1 doesn't hold up after several rewatches (due to it's basic plot) and 2 has a clash in tone between dialogue and the color hue most scenes have.

frye

What the fuck is a Radiohead anyway

Material was so damn good. rip

Hows the new artist on Wolf

I like him more than the previous guy but neither really make me wanna get up in the morning

hey real genuine advice?

if you wanna get why Material stopped at #4, read The Surface

it makes Ales Kot's whole thing super clear

I think that's the only one of his Image books I didn't get around to picking up but I'll keep that in mind

frye

i also read the new Pretty Deadlys (in 2016) one after another and that's still a pretty ok comic that i don't think i've heard anyone talk about? the framing sequence is still totally bunk and there's a sequence where it's like 3 different kinds of narration cutting back and forth between each other on top of Rios doing her thing that's totally nonsensical but y'know, totally fine excuse for Rios doing her thing on the whole

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What. The. Fuck.

CiC4nl1UkAEO9J6.jpg

^
DC's gag that HQ just had to fuck all those Joker cosplayers lets you know a lot about DC

I like him more than the previous guy but neither really make me wanna get up in the morning
Matt Taylor is a really good poster artist. His Lost in Translation print is pretty freaking great

but his reasoning for leaving the book cracked me up. He had to stop because he didn't think drawing comics was as hard as people told him it was going to be so he planned his schedule very poorly.

ElNarez

Banned
Look, picturing Harley using every tool at her disposition to graphically murder every tool that showed up dressing as her abuser counts as "using your imagination".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

frye

someone please ban dc comics

^
DC's gag that HQ just had to fuck all those Joker cosplayers lets you know a lot about DC

Matt Taylor is a really good poster artist. His Lost in Translation print is pretty freaking great

but his reasoning for leaving the book cracked me up. He had to stop because he didn't think drawing comics was as hard as people told him it was going to be so he planned his schedule very poorly.

that's the best reason

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I managed to put off buying any Valiant, but I did see that I already had Archer and Armstrong #1 through Comixology.

It was pretty good. Good art good start to the story. It seemed like it carried over the Hulk/Amadeus relationship in a way. Does it stay good?

shingi70

Banned
^

Does it though, cause thats by the same team that makes the oh so popular Hijinks book.

Harley is in need of a new creative team or fresh blood at this point.

But to wash it out your mouths
cGHqTeY.png

NMQJVs7.jpg

Mindwipe

I managed to put off buying any Valiant, but I did see that I already had Archer and Armstrong #1 through Comixology.

It was pretty good. Good art good start to the story. It seemed like it carried over the Hulk/Amadeus relationship in a way. Does it stay good?

Yup, it's pretty consistently great.

I remember reading the free issue on CMX last year too. It improves from #1, actually. Give it a shot. Quick read, self-contained in #24 issues for the run. Great fun. Van Lente has very good comedic timing. And the humour is actually situation and character based more than random slapstick stuff.

I think all of Valiant is on scribd. You can try the 15 day trial and that should give you enough time to read all of A&A.

Yep, stays good the whole way.

Is shingi's pic from that Bombshells series? Harley looks like her statue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh DC finally made Hayley / Ivy official and not just a big tease?

ElNarez

Banned
Does it though, cause thats by the same team that makes the oh so popular Hijinks book.

Harley is in need of a new creative team or fresh blood at this point.

Between this and the Deadpool movie there's a super interesting conversation to be had about how sexual we want our corporate comic book super heroes to be, and it's a super interesting question to explore in things that are not the ongoing series "SEX" from Image.

But, this? With this character? In this context? With those implications?

It's beyond fucking gross, and holy moly how did anyone give it a pass when people yelled at the Suicide Squad trailer for having the same imagery as the new 52 book of the same name.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, it's pretty consistently great.

I remember reading the free issue on CMX last year too. It improves from #1, actually. Give it a shot. Quick read, self-contained in #24 issues for the run. Great fun. Van Lente has very good comedic timing. And the humour is actually situation and character based more than random slapstick stuff.

I think all of Valiant is on scribd. You can try the 15 day trial and that should give you enough time to read all of A&A.

Yep, stays good the whole way.

Is shingi's pic from that Bombshells series? Harley looks like her statue.

Cool.

Gonna look into Scribd. That'd save me a ton of money, and I could try the other things.

I know that people hate Venditti, does that carry over to X-O Manowar, or is it more based on his DC work?

Cool.

Gonna look into Scribd. That'd save me a ton of money, and I could try the other things.

I know that people hate Venditti, does that carry over to X-O Manowar, or is it more based on his DC work?

Way more based on his DC stuff. X-O's good almost the whole way. Unity/To Kill a King and Armour Hunters are big comic events done right.

Calcium

Banned
But, this? With this character? In this context? With those implications?

It's beyond fucking gross, and holy moly how did anyone give it a pass when people yelled at the Suicide Squad trailer for having the same imagery as the new 52 book of the same name.

Comics were a mistake.

Top Bottom