• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Alright kids, need some help In my IST cart I got
Gotham Central Vol. 1-2 (New printing)

4 regular sized tpbs will end up costing you $44. The oversized omnibus is $50 right now. Unless you prefer reading the thinner volumes, you might want to consider the omnibus.

TheFlow

Banned
Alright kids, need some help In my IST cart I got
Gotham Central Vol. 1-2 (New printing)
Batman & Son (New Printing) [I had sadly misplaced my TPBs of Morrison's Batman book =_=)

Currently considering
Showcase Jonah Hex Vol. 2 (my postal office would charge me double for this one =_= )
Orc Stain Vol. 1 (WHERE IS FUCKING VOL. 2, STOKOE YOU HACK!)
Jack Kirby's OMAC
Alt. any book that is like USD 20 or less I can take instead

I like it. but I need to catch up. each issue being 4 dollars without dropping down is a bummer

Do people actually read Archie? I see it brought up and hear about stuff from it, but I feel like I never hear anyone talk about actually reading it.

I read the first five issues. 1-3, with Fiona Staples on art, are amazing, gorgeous comics that everyone should check out. I found the story wasn't enough to keep me going without her, though. That said, a lot of people here still pull it - Jughead too - and seem to love it, so ymmv.

Tizoc

4 regular sized tpbs will end up costing you $44. The oversized omnibus is $50 right now. Unless you prefer reading the thinner volumes, you might want to consider the omnibus.

I actually own the old editions of the TPB Gotham Central ^^; Vol. 1 and 2 of the new printing are the ones I need most.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I liked this picture too

pmrigcy6xqhuzghpvoar.jpg

But yeah, I still pick up Archie. I don't pick up Jughead, but that's because I prefer artist Chip to writer chip.

Hagi

I just checked out what's included in the third Claremont omnibus and y'all should jump on that before it goes out of print and you're not stuck waiting for a reprint in a few years. It has the all of the Brood stuff, God Loves Man Kills, that four issue Wolverine miniseries he did with Frank Miller, and the Magik miniseries. That's a ton of great stuff.

I still haven't read the volume 1 omnibus that I have but I suppose I should pick this up before the reprint of 2 comes out.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok guys went ahead and bought my comics in advance this week.

Black Panther #2

Vision 5-7

that is all the marvel I need this week

frye

I need to read some X-Men too. Have Wolverine and the X-Men an X-Statix on my to read list. (To be honest, all the movies have actually put me off X-men a bit.)

Started reading Cerebus yesterday. Not quite sure what to make of it yet. Have to decide if it is being played straight or is it a parody/satire...

yea, the early stuff seems to be mix of both (leaning towards parody), insofar that it's basically a Conan the Barbarian story played straight other than the fact it stars a goofy looking aardvark

Tizoc

OK ended up with
Gotham Central 1+2 and Superior Foes Omnibus

Yes yes I know I said the thing about the heavy weight and all, but hey it all comes to USD 51 for dat fee shipping~

Owzers

Just like how Tokyo Ghost kinda felt over after the first trade, Black Science feels the same way after it's possible break point, issue #16. So much happened in the last few issues that it just feels over and the book is now being dragged into another weirdo arc ( just read issue #17).
Pia got to see Sarah again and have a moment with her, Nate's done some stuff, Shawn convinced Grant to do something good for a world they went to like he was initially sold on when joining Team Science, Grant saved the planet regardless of probably dooming it anyways to ghost spirit things, Grant realized what was important to him and saw Rebecca had ulterior motives. Kadir tussles with Team Science guy he decided against further helping at the risk of his life earlier, didn't kill him, and dies to Grant.
How is this not over? It's the same question i ask about Roman Reigns.

Just like how Tokyo Ghost kinda felt over after the first trade, Black Science feels the same way after it's possible break point, issue #16. So much happened in the last few issues that it just feels over and the book is now being dragged into another weirdo arc ( just read issue #17).
Pia got to see Sarah again and have a moment with her, Nate's done some stuff, Shawn convinced Grant to do something good for a world they went to like he was initially sold on when joining Team Science, Grant saved the planet regardless of probably dooming it anyways to ghost spirit things, Grant realized what was important to him and saw Rebecca had ulterior motives. Kadir tussles with Team Science guy he decided against further helping at the risk of his life earlier, didn't kill him, and dies to Grant.
How is this not over? It's the same question i ask about Roman Reigns though in a different context, people don't even recognize how strong he is. He can defeat two people, when tired. TWO. Come on!

I guess I would just ask what you were expecting of it from the start? Did you expect just a short romp into another world and then they get back to their world? I was kind of let down when it went into the whole cyclical/time stuff because I wanted it to be more about jumping to different realities, but at the same time I haven't really seen it as drawn out or anything. But I also wasn't really expecting it to be a short self contained story. I always expected a Sliders-esque style book, but ultimately got something a lot different that I wasn't all excited for but still liked.

Busaiku

Jughead getting a new artist?
Might have to get back in there.

Mr. North is a good substitute for what Mr. Zdarsky was doing.

Owzers

I guess I would just ask what you were expecting of it from the start? Did you expect just a short romp into another world and then they get back to their world? I was kind of let down when it went into the whole cyclical/time stuff because I wanted it to be more about jumping to different realities, but at the same time I haven't really seen it as drawn out or anything. But I also wasn't really expecting it to be a short self contained story. I always expected a Sliders-esque style book, but ultimately got something a lot different that I wasn't all excited for but still liked.

I didn't really have expectations, i didn't like it that much in the beginning because i thought it was rushed with some unlikable people, then i started getting casually interested and had all the issues piled up and am reading through them now ( on issue #18 now) and the build up through issue 16 seemed like a good ending spot and the transition to God World seems iffy. I still have more issues to read, it's not a firm judgement.

I doubt i'm getting Uncharted 4 today, it's not on sale anywhere outside of my GCU discount, Overwatch beta is still going on today?, and the playoffs have my attention so it's not like i'd play it tonight anyways. Last nights Blazers/Warriors game was pretttttttttttty good.

Nudull

Banned
Do people actually read Archie? I see it brought up and hear about stuff from it, but I feel like I never hear anyone talk about actually reading it.

I've followed the new Archie, Afterlife, Kevin Keller, Sonic, Sonic Universe and Mega Man. They do some pretty decent stuff for a mostly all-ages publisher.

I didn't really have expectations, i didn't like it that much in the beginning because i thought it was rushed with some unlikable people, then i started getting casually interested and had all the issues piled up and am reading through them now ( on issue #18 now) and the build up through issue 16 seemed like a good ending spot and the transition to God World seems iffy. I still have more issues to read, it's not a firm judgement.

Wasn't meant to sound accusatory or anything, I was just honestly curious because I came to it so late. I do wish it went in a different angle and didn't make the sabotage and some of the characters and motivations so obvious, but I just really like the idea of a group being trapped dealing with all these realities for different lengths of time.

Messi

I doubt i'm getting Uncharted 4 today, it's not on sale anywhere outside of my GCU discount, Overwatch beta is still going on today?, and the playoffs have my attention so it's not like i'd play it tonight anyways. Last nights Blazers/Warriors game was pretttttttttttty good.

Overwatch is gone man. We didn't give it enough love so it went back to its home planet :(

Vic_Viper

By the way I dont think Remender's Uncanny X-Force is bad by any means, I just think its overrated.

I fully admit Axis makes me biased against Remender, but I already didnt think Uncanny was amazing even before Axis.

Axis is the worst comic book event ive ever read by the way. Its one of the few things I can say I truly hated.

Edit: stop ignoring Aaron's amazing Wolverine and the X-Men run when you recomend X titles you fuckers!

Ok my bad, completely agree with your thoughts on Axis. I was really disappointed his series ended with that garbage.

And Aaron's Wolverine and the X-men run was amazing! In my book it goes Wolv & the X-men > All New X-men > Uncanny X-force as my 3 favorite X titles of the last decade. But then again, I'm a huge fan of Bachalos art too lol.

Also about to place another IST order soon and am already picking up Absolute Batman & Robin and Batman Inc. but I need a recommendation on what else to get.

The Authority (Ellis & Millar), 52, Locke & Key, Or The Planetary. Haven't read any of them yet and not sure which to pick up first.

Ok my bad, completely agree with your thoughts on Axis. I was really disappointed his series ended with that garbage.

And Aaron's Wolverine and the X-men run was amazing! In my book it goes Wolv & the X-men > All New X-men > Uncanny X-force as my 3 favorite X titles of the last decade. But then again, I'm a huge fan of Bachalos art too lol.

Also about to place another IST order soon and am already picking up Absolute Batman & Robin and Batman Inc. but I need a recommendation on what else to get.

The Authority (Ellis & Millar), 52, Locke & Key, Or The Planetary. Haven't read any of them yet and not sure which to pick up first.

My recommended order

Planetary
Authority (Ellis)
Locke & Key
Authority (Millar)

(Or flip it if you are the type that saves best for last).

tim1138

Planetary
Stormwatch (Ellis)
Authority (Ellis)
Locke and Key

Burning money in a garbage can

Authority (Millar)

Really though just pretend The Authority ended when Ellis left the book, it's better that way.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
List

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #3

Action Comics #52
Batman #52
Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6 (Of 6)
Constantine The Hellblazer #12
Green Lantern Corps Edge Of Oblivion #5 (Of 6)
Swamp Thing #5 (Of 6)

All-New All-Different Avengers #9
All-New X-Men #9
Black Panther #2
Darth Vader #20
Deadpool #11
Guardians Of The Galaxy #8
Ultimates #7
Uncanny Inhumans #8
Vision #7

Sandfox

I was catching up on Venom: Space Knight this morning and a question came up...

...shouldn't Flash know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man? The whole reason Eddie Brock knew was because the symbiote knew. Why not Flash?

Please tell me this isn't a One More Day thing

It is.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61aHxPjLWmL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/
thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming this is from the spider-man series and not his ASM. To buy? Don't bother. Some of the art is fun but there's better comics out there when he was just the artist on ASM

TheFlow

Banned
Gotham central

I have so many things to read but bored atm so why not start this.

First two issues... damn Freeze is fucking savage. I already feel bad for Fields. think that is his name.

I'm assuming this is from the spider-man series and not his ASM. To buy? Don't bother. Some of the art is fun but there's better comics out there when he was just the artist on ASM
ah gotcha

Speaking of Grayson, did they think no one would notice completely replacing the entire creative team, including the fucking writers, in the middle of a story arc?

From first to worst, that book. Stunning development and maybe the worst choke job DC has ever pulled.

Messi

Playing it right now on ps4! Turns out i'm still bad.

The comicgaf gcat lied to me??

Speaking of Grayson, did they think no one would notice completely replacing the entire creative team, including the fucking writers, in the middle of a story arc?

From first to worst, that book. Stunning development and maybe the worst choke job DC has ever pulled.

They announced it before it happened.

Top Bottom