• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Speaking of Grayson, did they think no one would notice completely replacing the entire creative team, including the fucking writers, in the middle of a story arc?

From first to worst, that book. Stunning development and maybe the worst choke job DC has ever pulled.
After which issue did that happen and is that book done?

Messi

lmao no it's still going!!!

last two issues have been written by two randos with art by like four other randos. And it's all one big fuckin storyline for the past seven issues!!!!!

It happened so King and Co could move to Batman. They announced it before it happened.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the ending of Vision #1 was fucking creepy. The
daughter vision (I forget her name) crying "mother mother mother mother" after being impalled messed me up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The great thing is that I just noticed that I missed the second Volume in Janury and next week comes the third one. So enough Grayson for me in the next couple of days.

Really liked how it is connected with the Batfamily, I thought that the Book is completly disconnected and Batman thinks that Dick is dead.
Really curious for the things that are going to happen.

But its sad to hear how they treated the book when I am reading your posts, I think I will drop out then after Rebirth.

shingi70

Banned
Get hype friends
ValiantSummit.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
lmao no it's still going!!!

last two issues have been written by two randos with art by like four other randos. And it's all one big fuckin storyline for the past seven issues!!!!!

That bugged me a lot. It feels like the Spryal story is unresolved, but all the reason to read it aren't around anymore. I get that drawing takes time and they have a deadline for the Rebirth stuff, but least keep the writing staff involved.

the ending of Vision #1 was fucking creepy. The
daughter vision (I forget her name) crying "mother mother mother mother" after being impalled messed me up.

It really caught me off-guard just how fucking dark that book was from the word go. It's really a superb book, though it gets even darker.

Disney Infinity is dead :(
Where do I now get my cheap Marvel figures from? :(

Holy crap, this is pretty surprising. It seemed to be doing pretty well. Maybe they pushed it too far with 3.0? Local shops seemed to have shelves bursting with these figures after the 3.0 release. This does seem rather petty on Disney's part, though. They weren't making huge profits so they shutter their whole interactive studio? Disney wants all the money or none of it.

Messi

Holy crap, this is pretty surprising. It seemed to be doing pretty well. Maybe they pushed it too far with 3.0? Local shops seemed to have shelves bursting with these figures after the 3.0 release. This does seem rather petty on Disney's part, though. They weren't making huge profits so they shutter their whole interactive studio? Disney wants all the money or none of it.

The figures in my stores weren't selling for months

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They leaving Game Publishing completly. Which good to some degree, we get new Marvel Games soon then.

Regarding the Infinitys, I need 5 Marvel ones and then I am done anyway... Still annoying, would have loved a stylizied Dr. Strange or a Scarlet Witch...

Owzers

never cared for the game but I made sure I got Black Panther and Black suit spiderman a couple months ago

I bought the Iron Man Hulkbuster one for my nephew and it had a paint smudge on the hand so when i gave it to him, i pointed to the mark and threw it in the trash. He cried, sure, but eventually he understood.

I bought the Iron Man Hulkbuster one for my nephew and it had a paint smudge on the hand so when i gave it to him, i pointed to the mark and threw it in the trash. He cried, sure, but eventually he understood.

picturing the shot of you walking away towards camera, him crying next to the trash in bokeh in the background

I would be like "cool Cliff Steele" but I have irrationally decided all Doom Patrol comics after Doom Patrol Vol. 2 #63 to be non-canon, so...

"The most celebrated publisher in comics today."

Not even giving them the benefit of the "Lying?" picture.

Given that people have been shitting on DC's soul, no one celebrates disney because why celebrate who's at the top, and image just doest its own thing with a fuckton of independent titles, sure, celebrated, why not?

Unless you wanna hang with those avatar press freaks.

frye

Millar/Quitely Authority is rad as shit but gets less and less rad every arc because Quitely draws less and less of it, even though he gets replaced with very capable artists like Chris Weston and Art Adams

I heard that some people actually read Crossed. Also, I heard that Tom King was in the CIA.

if you read and enjoy Crossed I heard you have to be in a registry somewhere and you have to warn your neighbors

If memory serves, almost all lapham arcs were trash and absolutely every single issue written by david hine is unfit even for usage as toilet paper.

Gage, Ennis and Spurrier, tho? Great reading.

The webcomic, by spurrier, was pretty dang good too.

Top Bottom