• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

Two eisner award nominees told me he's a huge douchebag. You happen to be a fan of one of them. You don't have to believe it

Its just not helpful without any kind of context.

I know nothing about 99% of the people who make comics, if I happen to like the people who said this it doesn't give their opinion any extra weight to me. What an odd thing to throw in.

frye

the only thing I know about Cooke personally is that he's a Randroid but OTOH that's an unfortunate trait shared by some of my favourite guys in comics

Its just not helpful without any kind of context.

I know nothing about 99% of the people who make comics, if I happen to like the people who said this it doesn't give their opinion any extra weight to me. What an odd thing to throw in.

They didn't provide much context and I didn't push it. Only reason I said you were a fan is its because they weren't random people who bumped into Cooke on a random day but someone who had an extended experience with them. If its not something you care for, then ok. Not a big deal. This isn't a Brian Wood situation where he's trying to rope in fans for blowjobs. If Cooke books look interesting to you and you wanna pick them up. Go for it. I picked up his Catwoman stuff.

I don't think that's true ._.
Im not gonna lie, your story kind of cracks me up because it was such an unprovoked dickish thing to say. Could have been so easy to say something not even all that nice and then he just chose not too

Two eisner award nominees told me he's a huge douchebag. You happen to be a fan of one of them. You don't have to believe it
I don't actually care. It comes off as juvielie high school gossip crap. You don't really know these people, I don't know these people. And more importantly I don't care to know these people. I get the work they produce that I enjoy and that's that. I just don't understand how anyone reads some gossip or hears some story or read some interview and go "well I'm not supporting them!" There's not some officials "good guy" list

frye

"b-minus Bruce Timm"

e: in many ways this was an incredibly unfair attack, but it makes me laugh every time I remember it

I don't actually care. It comes off as juvielie high school gossip crap. You don't really know these people, I don't know these people. And more importantly I don't care to know these people. I get the work they produce that I enjoy and that's that. I just don't understand how anyone reads some gossip or hears some story or read some interview and go "well I'm not supporting them!" There's not some officials "good guy" list

how about you do you and we choose not to buy what we choose not to buy and you just have to deal with it?

Coates' Black Panther vol. 1 collects 4 issues and Marvel is charging $16.99 for it. Civil War got me thirsty for some BP but I don't know about that price man.

Can anyone point my wife and me to the best Doctor Strange TPB's or arcs? We're both anticipating the upcoming film but she's only read Doctor Strange Season One and didn't care for it. I didn't read it after hearing her opinion.

kmfdmpig

Can anyone point my wife and me to the best Doctor Strange TPB's or arcs? We're both anticipating the upcoming film but she's only read Doctor Strange Season One and didn't care for it. I didn't read it after hearing her opinion.

In addition to the Oath which is mandatory reading, I think the first trade for the new series is out or out soon and it's really fucking great

Zombine

Banned
Im not gonna lie, your story kind of cracks me up because it was such an unprovoked dickish thing to say. Could have been so easy to say something not even all that nice and then he just chose not too

Lol like, all I said was that I loved his book and that I just bought his new one early. He was all alone doodling. He legit just looks up and me and says "well sucks to be you" when I told him I wish I could have him sign my copy but it was at the hotel. Totally blind sided by that and it was my first con ever.

tim1138

how's Art Ops? Allred is one of my favs but i didn't hear much good about that, and it's not like i'm starved for Allred books

I enjoy it, it's a mix of fine art with a punk rock aesthetic with a premise (all art is actually alive) that I dig. It's not the best book on the stands, but I enjoy reading it every month

Sinestro Corps Wars done.

Having no attachment to...ehm... any of the characters, it was a somewhat decent read, even if the story could be pruned by... oh, i dunno, a whole third, at the very least. Took way too damn long until they passed the baleet law.

Why was killowog's family surrounded by a green field, tho?

Thanks for the Doctor Strange recommendations, everyone! We're both Saga fans so seeing that Oath was written by Brian K. Vaughn makes quite an easy sell.

Messi

Have you guys read this article about free comic sites and comic piracy? its really interesting and depresses me.

http://sktchd.com/longform/money-fo...nd-questionable-legality-of-free-comic-sites/

look at the numbers for one site since october

Title Views
The Walking Dead 924,003
Saga 54,406
Rat Queens 24,491
Chew 15,224
Sex Criminals 14,472
Lumberjanes 8,887
Revival 7,886
Deadly Class 7,285
Giant Days 6,322
Shutter 3,719
The Bunker 2,966
Another Castle 1,958

Fucking Rat Queens man...

TheFlow

Banned
Have you guys read this article about free comic sites and comic piracy? its really interesting and depresses me.

http://sktchd.com/longform/money-fo...nd-questionable-legality-of-free-comic-sites/

Title Views
The Walking Dead 924,003
Saga 54,406
Rat Queens 24,491
Chew 15,224
Sex Criminals 14,472
Lumberjanes 8,887
Revival 7,886
Deadly Class 7,285
Giant Days 6,322
Shutter 3,719
The Bunker 2,966
Another Castle 1,958

Don't blame them a lot of that list is trash :{

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Title Views
The Walking Dead 924,003
Saga 54,406
Rat Queens 24,491
Chew 15,224
Sex Criminals 14,472
Lumberjanes 8,887
Revival 7,886
Deadly Class 7,285
Giant Days 6,322
Shutter 3,719
The Bunker 2,966
Another Castle 1,958

Damn I pull over half of them.

Saurus

New Avengers Annual #1 was a great read.
41bIZ9iozvL.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
I removed the dust jacket for this one, I think it is because I am so used to reading other omnibus without jackets.

I don't like the binding used because not only is this book heavy but the pages are not wide like the hellboy library editions so you actually gotta press down to read.

Edit: not trying to scare people off the book is a great deal for 48 bucks but DC could of done better.

TheFlow

Banned
Gotham central- In the line of duty

Great fucking introduction to the world of Gotham. The book lets you know that Gotham is a fucked up place from the get go. I love how they treat batman and poor Driver.

5/5 on to the next arc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really liked Illuminati #1, the cartoonish art was great and very unexpected. I assume the book is already canceled?

Carnage #1 was also shockingly good, but that one you guys had already talked it up around here.

Top Bottom