• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Zombine

Banned
Flip flops, sandals, beachy stuff, Millar comics, stuff like that.

I would have more respect for the dude if he didn't do it mad sneaky. Like, "don't look at my hand which is super low to the ground right now with a bag in it."

Owzers

I would have more respect for the dude if he didn't do it mad sneaky. Like, "don't look at my hand which is super low to the ground right now with a bag in it."

They want to leave you on a deserted island with only Millar comics.

After seeing Civil War I am completely in love with Black Panther. What are his best books to start with? Should I just go with the new one Ta Nehisi Coates just put out?

PsychBat!

Banned

Give him Alien Resurrection, and then we'll see how HE reacts.

After seeing Civil War I am completely in love with Black Panther. What are his best books to start with? Should I just go with the new one Ta Nehisi Coates just put out?

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Mar...RIEST-TP-VOL-01-COMPLETE-COLLECTION/MAY150831

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Mar...RIEST-TP-VOL-02-COMPLETE-COLLECTION/SEP150877

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Mar...RIEST-TP-VOL-03-COMPLETE-COLLECTION/JAN160960

My suggestion would be these three books. If you enjoy them (
You will
), you can start reading the new one.

yassssss Priest da god

Pick up the new book too, Sir Clinks

Also consider Hickman's New Avengers, BP was awesome in that. He was one of the main characters.

PsychBat!

Banned
Why would he, that is an accurate statement

We've had.... "debates" about it.

And this is one kick ass poster.
kQGotNX.jpg

Luigi87

Picked up Silk #8, and Gwenpool #2

Missed Spider-Gwen #8 from last week, so now I'm behind an issue on Spider-Women event... shop keeper ordered a copy for me though, so just gotta wait a bit.

Need to read Batman #52.

Namor was a bigger dick than Panther in Hickman's NA run.

Coriolanus will come for my head.

I've never argued that namor wasn't a dick.

I've always argued that he was right... as far as Time Runs Out stuff goes.

Which is why even reed told tchalla to stop being a lil babby about it. And his father told him to stop being a lil babby about it. And every single black panther told him to stop being a lil babby about it. And he bawled his eyes out because he couldn't stop being a lil babby about it.

I mean, trying to argue that tchalla was correct with his behaviour is like trying to argue that reed was correct in telling victor to get fucked at that dinner table.

JTripper

Vision #7 is one of the best single issue stories I've ever read. Incredibly moving story.

Gaaaaahhh dammit this reminded me that I forgot to look for any back issues at my store today. I doubt they'd have all 7 in stock though. I really want to continue reading this series now after #1.

Silk's entire run has been a series of bad decisions. I'm not surprised that Gwen is done with her.

I haven't been reading Spider-Gwen but I picked up the crossover issues for Spider-Women and I have to say, Gwen talked me out of ever reading Silk again once this is over

Which is why even reed told tchalla to stop being a lil babby about it. And his father told him to stop being a lil babby about it. And every single black panther told him to stop being a lil babby about it. And he bawled his eyes out because he couldn't stop being a lil babby about it.

I mean, trying to argue that tchalla was correct with his behaviour is like trying to argue that reed was correct in telling victor to get fucked at that dinner table.

Okay, I can get behind this

Gaaaaahhh dammit this reminded me that I forgot to look for any back issues at my store today. I doubt they'd have all 7 in stock though. I really want to continue reading this series now after #1.

Got its hooks in you, did it? ;)

PsychBat!

Banned

1370323409269.jpg

diaspora

Gwen is being a shit head to her. Nit surprising as Gwen is a shit person.

Silk kinda earned it. She's going around acting as though she deserves trust that she hasn't yet earned- you see this in Spider-Man & Silk where she pretends as though she doesn't have to explain anything to him when it's his stuff she's stealing.

VanWinkle

I just read the first two issues of Ultimate Comics Avengers (the omnibus only cost me $15 so I figured I'd get it), and man, I hate everybody in it. They're all arrogant jerks. Is it like this for the whole series or just at the beginning?

I just read the first two issues of Ultimate Comics Avengers (the omnibus only cost me $15 so I figured I'd get it), and man, I hate everybody in it. They're all arrogant jerks. Is it like this for the whole series or just at the beginning?

Millar and Yu?

It was a mistake. Nothing but trash.

diaspora

Incidentally, do courts of law or trials not exist in Wakanda or?

edit: Bizarrely Carol was actually good in the latest Ultimates.

Messi

Silk kinda earned it. She's going around acting as though she deserves trust that she hasn't yet earned- you see this in Spider-Man & Silk where she pretends as though she doesn't have to explain anything to him when it's his stuff she's stealing.

In the first issue of Spider-women Gwen and Jess were being horrible about her behind her back and she overhears it. It was just sad bitching.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
False alarm guys I got a present.

Yay!

Here's another cool article from Evan Narcisse about Vision and the Scarlet Witch's relationship as presented in Vision 7.

Plot points and events can get refracted through different sensibilities as the years go by. The wince-inducing hamminess of the 1985 V&SW series reads differently when it gets recast as a veneer covering psychological trauma. But, that darker turn gets spun around again when subsequent writers make a point of redeeming Wanda.

I'm using my free month of MU to go thru their old series. They are a little hammy, but I'm liking what I've read so far.

Top Bottom