• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if everyone already knew this but me, but if you subscribe to comics on CMX, you can download them before the officially pop up in the store.

I spent 6 hours yesterday playing Uncharted 4 and then got Vision 7 before bed. It was a great day. And a great issue, good fill in artist, but I feel like he was trying too hard to be Walta instead of using his own style.

Fix 2 was still great, Black Panther is still setting up a lot of interesting things. Just good comics all around.

I don't know if everyone already knew this but me, but if you subscribe to comics on CMX, you can download them before the officially pop up in the store.

I spent 6 hours yesterday playing Uncharted 4 and then got Vision 7 before bed. It was a great day. And a great issue, good fill in artist, but I feel like he was trying too hard to be Walta instead of using his own style.

Fix 2 was still great, Black Panther is still setting up a lot of interesting things. Just good comics all around.

Image stuff too?

Marvel and DC are up on the store for all at 3 AM EST. Just click on the New tab. (Not the New Releases window)

Still thinking about whether I want to go to the Detroit ComicCon. $35 for a single day entry and none of the panels seem super interesting. (They are mostly TV show or cosplay related).

Also...

2EfMTVb.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Warren Ellis' run on Stormwatch (even though Midnighter doesn't show up until volume 2, you should read the whole thing anyway)
Warren Ellis' run on the Authority
Steve Orlando's recently concluded Midnighter solo book.

There was also a mid 2000's solo title that was originally written by Garth Ennis before Keith Giffen took over and a miniseries team up with Grifter by Chuck Dixon, but you can skip those.
Right, will look for Stormwatch and Authority :D

anaron

the new wasp officially confirmed to be
Maria Travoya/Pym's daughter
is kinda genius and maybe the most seamless way to integrate an obvious MCU mandate.

god I love Waid.

For some reason i expected blackest night to be something other than a zombie apocalypse. Hrm. 4 ishs in, pretty ho-hum so far.

Also these green lantern events aren't exactly too far behind crossed when it comes to gore.

mreddie

the new wasp officially confirmed to be
Maria Travoya/Pym's daughter
is kinda genius and maybe the most seamless way to integrate an obvious MCU mandate.

god I love Waid.

Also her name
Nadia translating to Hope
, Marvel are sneaky fuckers.

tim1138

Right, will look for Stormwatch and Authority :D

Orlando's run is self contained, so go ahead and dive in there, but I can't recommend going through Stormwatch and the Authority enough. And for what it's worth, Orlando drew from Ellis for his characterization of Midnighter.

I wanted to like Ant-Man at first but I could only take so much of the down on your luck of the week until you finally figure out how he gets in jail. Just sort of fell off for me.

I hope they do something with Ultron-Pym sooner rather than later. Could be cool, and it never even gets mentioned in any of the Avengers books.

Can't see pyltron being particularly interesting to work with. Either they'll get split up again or it'll b destroyed and pym will rez later.

Picked up the one month free MU.
Using the TEAMIM code.

Plan to read from the end of Hickman's FF to the start of Secret Wars if I can do that this month.

So does this start right after the Fantastic Four/FF reading order or is there anything between the two?

http://i.imgur.com/zqcsZUr.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
Picked up the one month free MU.
Using the TEAMIM code.

Plan to read from the end of Hickman's FF to the start of Secret Wars if I can do that this month.

So does this start right after the Fantastic Four/FF reading order or is there anything between the two?

http://i.imgur.com/zqcsZUr.jpg

There's AvX between the two

so, yeah, nothing

But you could do with reading what Hickman did on S.H.I.E.L.D. and Secret Warriors

Interesting. Though I'm sure they wouldn't run out, regardless. I don't like digital subs though, because they'll just charge you automatically when I prefer to go through the entire list every week and pick everything manually.

Owzers

I almost bought a Quorra Disney Infinity figure today but i wasn't ready to finalize the ongoing Messi Merge and taking over completely.

JTripper

Eh, it's because its a filler issue that was basically forced because of Rebirth. I wouldn't take it as anything more.

Yeah. Feels good to have the complete New 52 volume in issues now that it's finished. I'm looking forward to King's Batman and I hope Tynion's Detective will at least be fun.

srsly, where can they even go with that stuff? Pym already got lip when he wasnt walking around fused to ultron. What do they expect to happen with that?

It could be the ultimate expression of Ultron...an Ultron that doesn't love to hate humanity but still desperately wants to fix them. It's the Scientist Supreme in all of his insanity trapped in the body of one of the most powerful Avengers villains of all time. Hank literally has the power to do what he has always striven to do at his fingertips. Shouldn't he be doing more with that power?

... desperately wants to fix them ... Scientist Supreme in all of his insanity trapped in the body of one of the most powerful Avengers ... literally has the power to do what he has always striven to do at his fingertips. Shouldn't he be doing more with that power?

But we already have Reed Richards.

Top Bottom