• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

mreddie

GZApNkF.png

AQxllLo.png

Gwen is being a shithead from panel one in this section.

Wow, Ro-Gwen Reigns

I'm not a bad girl, not a good girl, I'M THE SPIDER GIRL!

Forced push wise, yeah the comparison makes sense. Young Jean I don't see pushed to the moon.

It's probably closer to Cena. We'll complain, and then when Marvel puts someone new on top, we'll want the old one back and say they were actually a good worker and a nice person the whole time. Or something.

mreddie

It's probably closer to Cena. We'll complain, and then when Marvel puts someone new on top, we'll want the old one back and say they were actually a good worker and a nice person the whole time. Or something.

I guess but I'm fucking tired of Gwen's shit.

Ok, current WWE = Marvel characters.

Cap Marvel = Charlotte
Agents of SHIELD = Vaudevillains
Silk = Paige
Iron Man = Seth Rollins
Spider Man = Cena
Spidey 2099 = Owens/Zayn
Ant-Man = Miz

tim1138

Planning to try and get my girlfriend reading comics next month with Rebirth. I was looking at grabbing some trades and wanted some suggestions. So far I have Aquaman and Wonder Woman vol.1 in my cart since those were the characters she liked the most from BvS.

New 52 Aquaman is good stuff, if she's interested in him I'd double down on Aquaman trades and hold off on Wonder Woman until the first volumes of the far superior Perez and Rucka runs are out. Or you could order this http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260020/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and get the best DC DTV animated movie and the first Perez arc.

ElNarez

Banned
Wanda talking about the Wundagore Everbloom in the latest Vision, with all the symbolism of past events it carries, is cruel and unusual torture.

I really wish I knew what Tom King's job was before he started writing because maybe the idea of cruel and unusual torture would somehow relate to it.

Luigi87

All this back and forth on Spider-Gwen and Silk...

... I'll make my own judgement call once Spider-Women ends.

Anywho...

Gwenpool #2
I am surprised at how much fun I'm having with this series. The humor is quite on point, and the fact that Gwen Poole is pretty entirely unremarkable is what makes me like her so much.

It's one that could really be adapted into an anime (especially with Gurihiru's art style).
Also helps that the Next Issue image is a spoof of My Neighbor Totoro with Gwen and MODOK, lol

squadr0n

anyone have a good guide/link for the essential books to read for Secret Invasion. Im looking for the books leading up to it and during the event that are absolutely necessary to read for the event. Im already reading The New Avengers Illuminati, but what else should I have read before the event?

All this back and forth on Spider-Gwen and Silk...

... I'll make my own judgement call once Spider-Women ends.

Anywho...

Gwenpool #2
I am surprised at how much fun I'm having with this series. The humor is quite on point, and the fact that Gwen Poole is pretty entirely unremarkable is what makes me like her so much.

It's one that could really be adapted into an anime (especially with Gurihiru's art style).
Also helps that the Next Issue image is a spoof of My Neighbor Totoro with Gwen and MODOK, lol

Love your avatar btw, where did you find a chibi version of Spider Gwen? Now you need a Gwenpool to go with it!

Owzers

Edmondson's Punisher has become that book i read that i don't really care about. I'm just on issue #4 but this whole
shocker working alongside the drug cartel but not for and the Howling Commandos being sent to kill Frank but they don't do anything so far and totally think something is suspicious with their orders
thing is a bunch of blah.

TheFlow

Banned
anyone have a good guide/link for the essential books to read for Secret Invasion. Im looking for the books leading up to it and during the event that are absolutely necessary to read for the event. Im already reading The New Avengers Illuminati, but what else should I have read before the event?

Love your avatar btw, where did you find a chibi version of Spider Gwen? Now you need a Gwenpool to go with it!
Go back to the previous page. For the links on the reading order.

Luigi87

Lots of Google image search, lol

I can't fit anymore into my avatar probably, otherwise I'll lose clarity D=

Otherwise I'd probably also be adding in Silk, and Tracer from Overwatch, lol

Girls lunch and the need to crossover.

Didn't Gwen have a hand in Peter Parker dying in her universe?

As others mentioned, nope. She just blames herself because it was Peter's obsession with Spider-Woman and wanting to be awesome like her, that drove him to experimentation.

Messi

Lots of Google image search, lol

I can't fit anymore into my avatar probably, otherwise I'll lose clarity D=

Otherwise I'd probably also be adding in Silk, and Tracer from Overwatch, lol

As others mentioned, nope. She just blames herself because it was Peter's obsession with Spider-Woman and wanting to be awesome like her, that drove him to experimentation.

But what about the fight with him? He dies right after that doesn't he?

diaspora

But what about the fight with him? He dies right after that doesn't he?
Peter turned himself into the Lizard, he was going to die either in a fight with Gwen, Captain America, or the NYPD. Her Peter killed himself, she doesn't bear the responsibility for his death at all.

Edit: or dying from the Lizard formula itself.

shingi70

Banned
New 52 Aquaman is good stuff, if she's interested in him I'd double down on Aquaman trades and hold off on Wonder Woman until the first volumes of the far superior Perez and Rucka runs are out. Or you could order this http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260020/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and get the best DC DTV animated movie and the first Perez arc.

I wasn't sure where to start with Wonder Woman who is probably her favorite character. I like the Brian Azz run which i'm assuming is closet to Wondy's portrayal in BvS. She did seem interested in Earth One.

Bad day today. Had my follow up ultrasound and the news is not good. Lymph node situation is worsening. Several enlarged on the left including two large ones, and now a large one on the right. And they're getting bigger fast. Radioactive iodine isn't going to cut it. Next stop: neck biopsy

Somebody get me off this shitty rollercoaster

Messi

YOOOOOOOOOOOO Look at the beautiful blue DCBS variant of the Deadly Class HC. I didn't really like the regular cover but I love the DCBS one.

CiNMhw2WEAAMUHA.jpg

Messi

Bad day today. Had my follow up ultrasound and the news is not good. Lymph node situation is worsening. Several enlarged on the left including two large ones, and now a large one on the right. And they're getting bigger fast. Radioactive iodine isn't going to cut it. Next stop: neck biopsy

oh man, I am very sorry to hear that. Keep your head up man. We are all thinking of you.

PsychBat!

Banned

Shit. FUCK! I really hope you get better.

Peter turned himself into the Lizard, he was going to die either in a fight with Gwen, Captain America, or the NYPD. Her Peter killed himself, she doesn't bear the responsibility for his death at all.

Edit: or dying from the Lizard formula itself.
Yup. Plus it was shown since ANAD that
Peter becoming Lizard might not have been entirely his fault.

Awww goddamn son

PsychBat!

Banned
Looking back, I do feel bad for Pete when he was getting clobbered by Gwen but unfortunately, this was entirely Peter's fault for what he did. Gwen blames herself because she didn't know she was beating up a monster that was her friend.

The way he dies is very vague though, it's never specified if her beat down or Peter's side effects were the cause of his death. Not in the origin and definitely not from her inner monologue when fighting Harry.

diaspora

Spider-Gwen's greatest sin is that her world is infinitely more interesting than her. Evil Daredevil as the lawyer of an imprisoned Kingpin, a slowly deteriorating Frank Castle on the police force becoming more and more like the classic Punisher, Harry going off the rails, etc.

Looking back, I do feel bad for Pete when he was getting clobbered by Gwen but unfortunately, this was entirely Peter's fault for what he did. Gwen blames herself because she didn't know she was beating up a monster that was her friend.

The way he dies is very vague though, it's never specified if her beat down or Peter's side effects were the cause of his death. Not in the origin and definitely not from her inner monologue when fighting Harry.

This too. It's not 100% clear as to what killed him in the first place.

shingi70

Banned

I read the first sentence and assumed it was about Pete being cuckolded by Gobby.

Hagi

I read chrononauts today and it was pretty cool, wasn't mind blowing or anything but a nice brisk read. Murphy is great though he really makes the book.

Is Huck any good? Can't say I've been keeping up with all this millerworld shit. Think I may have read Starlight at some point but can't remember anything about it.

Really sorry to read about your situation echo.

Top Bottom