• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Foofaraw

ok added to Cart.

ComicGAF real quick what would you guys go with

Doom Patrol Omniibus or Sleeper and Animal Omnibus?

Doom Patrol, but I've read none of sleeper

Black Panther made me do something bad again. I've added a Marvel book to my pull list when I have a perfectly good Marvel Unlimited subscription and little problem waiting 6 months on most books. The Midnight Angel suits look great, I like the dialogue, and I just want more of it. My comic shop makes it a little easier with 35% off pulls, but still. Feels bad. I've also subbed to Tim King's Batman. Sight unseen. I feel like monster! DC, deliver me from long boxes with a DC Unlimited service. :(

PsychBat!

Banned
Watching Alien 3, almost finished with it.

EDIT: Done. Not as good as Alien or Aliens. Finished on a depressing note. I'll watch again next year.

Zombine

Banned
Watching Alien 3, almost finished with it.

EDIT: Done. Not as good as Alien or Aliens. Finished on a depressing note. I'll watch again next year.

Like I said, not my favorite Alien film, that lore tho. It's worth watching just to see everything go arse up.

Zombine

Banned
I still feel like that HC for Kingdom Come isn't enough. It really needs a reissue of that Absolute with all the new content.

Messi

CiLUSe0XEAYffNp.jpg:large

We are about this now

TheFlow

Banned
Doom Patrol, but I've read none of sleeper

Black Panther made me do something bad again. I've added a Marvel book to my pull list when I have a perfectly good Marvel Unlimited subscription and little problem waiting 6 months on most books. The Midnight Angel suits look great, I like the dialogue, and I just want more of it. My comic shop makes it a little easier with 35% off pulls, but still. Feels bad. I've also subbed to Tim King's Batman. Sight unseen. I feel like monster! DC, deliver me from long boxes with a DC Unlimited service. :(
welcome to Wakanda

Boogiepop

Finished Morrison/Millar Flash, really enjoyed it. Funny enough, The Human Race arc actually felt more "conclusive" to me somehow than the Black Flash arc. Like, the Black Flash stuff was solid comics and still had some great moments, but I actually felt that it may have been the weakest of the 3-parters in here, funny enough. Still, a great little book overall.

Btw, is there anything firmly confirming Krakkl to be a Sonic the Hedgehog nod? Like, he's different enough that I probably wouldn't have thought of it on my own, but since someone in here had mentioned it I can definitely see it, and then there's a line at the end of the chapter where a kid says how he'd "make a great game."

Aizo

Banned
My friend lent me Prophet volumes one through four at work today. I loved the first issue. It totally seems like my sort of thing.

Aizo

Banned
Meant to post about this last weekend, but we had even had Free Comic Book Day in Japan (super niche here). The line was horribly long, everything is overpriced, and the selection wasn't very good, but it was just fun to be part of it and see all the Japanese comic fans!

Sorry for the double post!

Bad day today. Had my follow up ultrasound and the news is not good. Lymph node situation is worsening. Several enlarged on the left including two large ones, and now a large one on the right. And they're getting bigger fast. Radioactive iodine isn't going to cut it. Next stop: neck biopsy

Somebody get me off this shitty rollercoaster

Number one, you got this.

Number two, PM me your most desired omni available on IST and your mailing address.

Number three, see number one.

What's the recommended way to read digital comics bought through a bundle like the Ennis one? I usually only get digital comics through Comixology

What's the recommended way to read digital comics bought through a bundle like the Ennis one? I usually only get digital comics through Comixology

Grab yourself any decent .CBR or .CBZ reader and you're good to go. If you're planning on reading them on your computer, I'd suggest ComicRack.

If you're looking at reading in a phone or tablet, it depends on the system. I'm a HUGE fan of Comic Zeal for iOS. I used Perfect Viewer before on Android and thought it was a solid option. ComicRack has apps for both systems, as well.

Thank you all for the words of support. It means so much to me.

So, I spoke to my endocrinologist's nurse this morning because I was confused about a couple of things...

1) I thought no metastasis? Well turns out I was completely wrong about the purpose of this blood test. I thought they would be able to detect the possible spread to other areas, but what they were really doing here was measuring the level of natural thyroid hormone...if it was high, that would be a good indication that my thyroid cancer was back, but it actually provided 0 information about cancer in other areas. My doctor did a very poor job of explaining this to me initially, and I have been trying to avoid consulting Dr. Internet.

2) Why such a long wait? They told me yesterday it would be 5-10 days just to schedule the biopsy, and I thought this communicated a lack of urgency...5-10 days to schedule a little needle shooting in and out of your neck a few times? Turns out this is an excisional biopsy, as in they are taking out one or more nodes for study, so general anasthesia and surgery.

Anyway, so that's it for cancer talk from me for a few weeks, since that's how long it's going to be before I know anything else. I'll keep you guys posted.

Number one, you got this.

Number two, PM me your most desired omni available on IST and your mailing address.

Number three, see number one.

Wow, I don't even know what to say. This is incredibly generous of you, tc. I'm very grateful.

TheFlow

Banned
Oh lord it is so tempting to spurge on the Marvel ANAD books. I am so behind and wanna catch up on Doctor strange and vision

what should I do :/

Saw this ANAD ranking over on Reddit: http://i.imgur.com/q8t2K51.jpg

I wouldn't agree with all of them, but it seems like it was pretty good overall. They get Amazing category right at least even though I'm not reading Ultimates.

Hmmm, I'd move...

Spider-Woman: Great
Astonishing Ant-Man: Good
Spider-Gwen: Okay
Silver Surfer: Amazing
Doctor Strange: Amazing
Unbelievable Gwenpool: Good
Punisher: Okay
All-New Hawkeye: Lol, weak
Invincible Iron Man: Great
Scarlet Witch: Okay
Silk: Okay
Uncanny X-Men: Okay
Venom: Space Knight: Great
New Avengers: Good
Hyperion: Weak
Angela: Queen of Hel: Good
Nova: Okay

Also, news to me that Red Wolf got canned. No surprise though.

Oh lord it is so tempting to spurge on the Marvel ANAD books. I am so behind and wanna catch up on Doctor strange and vision

what should I do :/

At least the first issue of everything (other than recent releases like Black Panther) have already popped up on Unlimited. They have the first two or three issues of Doctor Strange loaded. Just saying.

I think the only thing I am reading at OK or lower is All-New X-Men. I could give or take the out of time OG's but I like the team on the go type of stories.

Hmmm, I'd move...

Spider-Woman: Great
Astonishing Ant-Man: Good
Spider-Gwen: Okay
Silver Surfer: Amazing
Doctor Strange: Amazing
Unbelievable Gwenpool: Good
Punisher: Okay
All-New Hawkeye: Lol, weak
Invincible Iron Man: Great
Scarlet Witch: Okay
Silk: Okay
Uncanny X-Men: Okay
Venom: Space Knight: Great
New Avengers: Good
Hyperion: Weak
Angela: Queen of Hel: Good
Nova: Okay

Also, news to me that Red Wolf got canned. No surprise though.

You mother fucker...

Doctor Strange is too up in the air for me. I can see why people love it, but I've just been up and down issue to issue.

TheFlow

Banned
At least the first issue of everything (other than recent releases like Black Panther) have already popped up on Unlimited. They have the first two or three issues of Doctor Strange loaded. Just saying.

I own most of the #1 issues. my problem is which ones to keep buying.

right now I am debating between

Buying all of All new wolverine or Invincible Iron man.

I think the only thing I am reading at OK or lower is All-New X-Men. I could give or take the out of time OG's but I like the team on the go type of stories.

I actually think it's the best of Apocalypse Wars thus far. Not that that is saying much...

It's weird to me that a crossover with "war" in the title isn't actually crossing over, they're still just three separate stories and we're getting pretty far along

You mother fucker...

I had to drop it down for Spider-Women, I have not been enjoying the crossover. I am eager for Jess to return to mothering her own baby instead of these two grown babies

Top Bottom