• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

TheFlow

Banned
Power Man and Iron Fist # 2-3

Fuck yes this is why Heroes of hire need to be a constant Ongoing. The dialog between these two fools is too funny.

5/5 keep it coming

this and ultimates deserves the amazing tier

When the dafuq did Molecule Man become the strongest thing in existence?

When Victor ninja'd the beyonder's powers during the original Secret Wars, he realized that Owen was dj khaleding himself, so Vic gave him
sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u3.jpg
. Hey presto: owen became the one dude to be able to go toe to toe with ol' jheri curls.

Also why owen had a bros-but-not-quite relationship with vic.

Sadist

This stupid fiddle faddle.

Series really surprised me because I didn't know much about Luke and Danny, but it's just such a fun read. Love Jessica too and her giving Luke just yellow shirts lol.

TheFlow

Banned
This stupid fiddle faddle.

Series really surprised me because I didn't know much about Luke and Danny, but it's just such a fun read. Love Jessica too and her giving Luke just yellow shirts lol.

haha yes. but I also love how other marvel characters pop up in the book but in a natural way.

Also lol Jessica Drew is a very Horny lady. I see why she got pregnant

Messi

haha yes. but I also love how other marvel characters pop up in the book but in a natural way.

Also lol Jessica Drew is a very Horny lady. I see why she got pregnant

Suprisingly this is not why she got pregnant.

Actual spoiler.
She used a sperm doner

The pages where her and Carol discuss this are great and a lot of fun. Heartfelt.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Suprisingly this is not why she got pregnant.

Actual spoiler.
She used a sperm doner

The pages where her and Carol discuss this are great and a lot of fun. Heartfelt.
... What? Is this from the new book?

Edit: Thought it was about Jessica Jones...

I found a reading order for the issues between Hickman's FF and Avengers. It suggested Bendis New Avengers #7-#10 to catch up on some character called The Sentry.

I start reading and all I get are Luke Cage and Spider-Man worrying about money and no Sentry.

Then I find out there are two #7-#10 runs for Bendis New Avengers. -_-

TheFlow

Banned
Moon Knight #1-2

Listen I don't know shit about Moon Knight but I know a couple things

1.the art is amazing

2.Jeff got himself another great run if this keeps going

3. Marc Spector's inner dialog with the Moon God and not knowing if he is fucking crazy or not is so great. As a reader I am still not sure if what I am seeing is real or not but the Moon God makes me want to believe.

4.Marc putting on the whole costume for the first time in this run can basically be summed up as this
moonie5v4.jpg

So yea once again we have yet another amazing comic to add to the Amazing list
and Moon knight now has a fan in me

diaspora

I don't think it's ever really made clear if Khonshu is anything more than a delusion, though the psychiatrist got Khonshu as an ally so I'd err on the side of #teamreal.

Messi

Really surprised Oliva Wilde hasn't gotten any of that Marvel of DC money yet.

She is 32 and has a kid with another on the way. As far as those companies go she is toast
She was the first choice for Gamora and turned it down because she didn't want to sign a huge multi film deal.

I will always feel bad that she turned down Gamora. She is perfect for that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Read a few more issues of Vision and Scarlet Witch last night.

80s comics are exhausting. So many narration boxes. So much dialog explaining their abilities and backstories.

Is Tigra still around anywhere? She's hilariously neurotic, I feel like she'd be a good fit for a Hellcat/Squirrel Girl sort of book.

arkon

I found a reading order for the issues between Hickman's FF and Avengers. It suggested Bendis New Avengers #7-#10 to catch up on some character called The Sentry.

I start reading and all I get are Luke Cage and Spider-Man worrying about money and no Sentry.

Then I find out there are two #7-#10 runs for Bendis New Avengers. -_-

I'd just stick to Hickman-only material. All I read was his main marvel series and that was good enough to get by

I'd just stick to Hickman-only material. All I read was his main marvel series and that was good enough to get by

Yeah, an argument could be made to slot AvX in there but that's about it, and you're probably better off just reading a summary, frankly

Some of the in-between stuff looked interesting. Mainly these (Ellis, Hickman and Black Panther/Namor beef).

NewUniversal: Everything Went White - Warren Ellis & Salvador Larocca
This story re-introduces some concepts that Hickman plays with a lot in his Avengers, the story is never finished but it’s in an alternate universe so you can just pretend it got wiped out by one of the incursions.

Ultimate Comics Ultimates V1 - Jonathan Hickman & Esad Ribic
Ultimate Comics Ultimates V2 - Jonathan Hickman & Esad Ribic
Hickman’s short run on The Ultimates picks up with Ultimate Reed Richards after Bendis made him a villain in Ultimate Doom. These stories become relevant again as Ultimate Reed is a character in Secret Wars. If you want to know more about the Ultimate stories and how they build to this point check out the Ultimates Reading List.

AVENGERS VS X-MEN - Bendis/Hickman/Brubaker/Aaron/Fraction & Various
This event was co-written by carious people including Hickman. This story marks the end of an era for the Marvel Universe, from this point on all books are re-branded Marvel NOW. It is significant to the overall story in that a founding member of The Illuminati punches his ticket, and a conflict is created between Black Panther and Namor which plays out in New Avengers.

And to be honest, I thought the couple of issues of Bendis New Avengers I read were decent fun...

I hate them. But I put my Funkos back in their box anyway

Same. I don't even take mine out. Which is weird, because before POPs I was adamant about taking toys out of the box. But they're just so much neater and more stackable this way.

Hickman Ultimates is a really good series. He was going to stay longer but he got offered other projects. Shame because it was really going places, and his replacement was Sam Humphries. Yeah.

And to be honest, I thought the couple of issues of Bendis New Avengers I read were decent fun...

I actually really enjoyed Bendis' Avengers books, especially New. The dynamics on that team were the tops. One of the best Avengers lineups ever, knocks the shit out of any of the lineups in the current books.

Dark Avengers was also freakin' awesome.

Dissassembled is a rancid pile of gack, but the first New Avengers is pretty good until Civil War. Then both that and Mighty are bad. Then Dark and the later part of New are good. And most of the Heroic Age stuff varies from middling to acceptable.

The End Times arcs are pretty wonderful though. Especially the main Avengers ones just for
Janet coming back.
Might have jumped out of my seat at the realisation. Bendis made up for Secret Invasion with that.

Top Bottom