• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

arkon

Some of the in-between stuff looked interesting. Mainly these (Ellis, Hickman and Black Panther/Namor beef).

And to be honest, I thought the couple of issues of Bendis New Avengers I read were decent fun...

Fair enough. I read your previous post wrong. I just feel sometimes that some of these reading orders can go too far in terms of what is listed as required or supplementary reading.

Aizo

Banned
Bad day today. Had my follow up ultrasound and the news is not good. Lymph node situation is worsening. Several enlarged on the left including two large ones, and now a large one on the right. And they're getting bigger fast. Radioactive iodine isn't going to cut it. Next stop: neck biopsy

Somebody get me off this shitty rollercoaster
I know it must be extremely stressful, but know that you can get completely better. My mother made it through, so I believe in you! Don't be afraid to reach out for support from your loved ones. I really hope that you make a perfect recovery!

Supergirl got renewed Y'all .
ice-cream-yes.gif
Well, I've dropped every ongoing DC show I've been watching so far. I only finished LoT because it was a shorter series. To watch, or not to watch?

Owzers

Well, I've dropped every ongoing DC show I've been watching so far. I only finished LoT because it was a shorter series. To watch, or not to watch?

I gave up on Supergirl at episode nine, i kept watching and feeling like the show was justtttttttttttt doing enough to kinda like it in parts but nothing more.

jackdoe

Man, hiding your superhero identity with a tiny domino mask just seems impossible if someone takes a decent picture of you. All the photoshopper needs to guess is what your eyebrows look like.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Fix #2 was hilarious. It's a good thing nobody was around while I was reading it because I lol'd several times.

I guess I should probably get on reading Superior Foes huh?

Vic_Viper

Anyone know where I can find Hickman's Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 1or know when/if Marvel will reprint? I swear Amazon had them a few days ago through 3rd party sellers but now they are out of stock and no luck on eBay either. Should I pick up Vol. 2 asap or is it not likely to sell out as fast?

Anyone know where I can find Hickman's Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 1or know when/if Marvel will reprint? I swear Amazon had them a few days ago through 3rd party sellers but now they are out of stock and no luck on eBay either. Should I pick up Vol. 2 asap or is it not likely to sell out as fast?

Even if they did, it must have been for crazy prices. It's been hard to find for a year+ now, with copies going for $250+ on eBay.

I think it will be a while before they reprint it unfortunately. One, it is a Fantastic Four book. Two, they still need to print his Avengers/New Avengers stuff in omnibuses.

shingi70

Banned
Watch Gotham instead.

I gave up on Supergirl at episode nine, i kept watching and feeling like the show was justtttttttttttt doing enough to kinda like it in parts but nothing more.

The DCTV shows are the best type of Average Sci-fi. Expect Arrow that's terrible.

Some of the in-between stuff looked interesting. Mainly these (Ellis, Hickman and Black Panther/Namor beef).

And to be honest, I thought the couple of issues of Bendis New Avengers I read were decent fun...
The main Panther/Namor beef comes from AvX. To understand the X-Men's side of things though you'll need to at least know about the events of House of M, and the Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming saga (so you know who tf Hope is and why she's such a big deal for the mutant populous). I don't recommend reading the latter three arcs though.... I didn't like em.

Anyways after that I think you're good to stick with Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers run. I didn't reading anything else Avengers wise prior to picking his run up and still understood everything. And fucking loved it.

---

Anyways, X-Men Worlds Apart is FANTASTIC.

Cyclops going SCHBIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNG with his eye beam at Storm

Storm going CHOOOOOM with her bolt of lightning while standing there unfazed at his attack and then nonchalantly stating 'Is that all?'

Storm not giving a single fuck when conversing with the Panther God.

Storm sucking the air out of everyone's lungs while they were tryna attack her and saying 'You breathe when I allow it'

The huge ass tornado air vortex thing she makes while tryna intercept Cyclops in the first page of issue 4.

I was absolutely SLAYED.

This is why I stan her.

Man, I don't remember MU being this shitty when I was subbed last year. All those login issues yesterday and now every second page is stuck on that loading animation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I don't remember MU being this shitty when I was subbed last year. All those login issues yesterday and now every second page is stuck on that loading animation.

Going back and reloading always fixes any issues I have

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I think AoS was just a poorly cast show from the very beginning.

Outside of Chloe Bennett, I find it hard to agree with that.

Fitz and Simmons are great. May is pretty badass, and I'm obviously a Coulson fan.

Even Brett Dalton turned out to be really good, which was a huge surprise based on his season one acting.

I think the additions were mostly good too. Adrianne Palicki makes a hell of a Mockingbird.

mreddie

Outside of Chloe Bennett, I find it hard to agree with that.

Fitz and Simmons are great. May is pretty badass, and I'm obviously a Coulson fan.

Even Brett Dalton turned out to be really good, which was a huge surprise based on his season one acting.

I think the additions were mostly good too. Adrianne Palicki makes a hell of a Mockingbird.

Bennett has skyrocketed to me since the Skye > Daisy turn.

Top Bottom