• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Hagi

I've read 3 issues of Strange and the art is the best thing about it so far. Bachalo da god. I'll pick up Vision when it's finished I think.

TheFlow

Banned
I think the first 3 issues of Strange are great but can scare of readers because of the way the bubbles are arranged and how much shit is happening. It is actually toned down in later issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the first 3 issues of Strange are great but can scare of readers because of the way the bubbles are arranged and how much shit is happening. It is actually toned down in later issues.

too much going on you say?

steampunk4004.jpg

<3 Bachalo

Hagi

Oh don't get me wrong I enjoyed what I've read but the biggest selling point of the book for me will always be Bachalo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
been reading some stuff on Marvel Unlimited

you know what was a good comic?

Kieron Gillen's run on Journey Into Mystery.

Boogiepop

This is true. I'd actually rate that run really, really high on my list of Marvel stuff. Also, don't forget to follow it up with Young Avengers.

tim1138

:(

We regret to inform you that Darwyn lost his battle with cancer early this morning at 1:30 AM ET. We read all of your messages of support to him throughout the day yesterday. He was filled with your love and surrounded by friends and family at his home in Florida.

Donations can be made to the Canadian Cancer Society and Hero Initiative.

Please continue to respect our privacy as we go through this very difficult time.

A longer statement will come later today.

“Then we shall not be weary. Then we shall prevail.” -- John F. Kennedy’s New Frontier speech

Voror

This is true. I'd actually rate that run really, really high on my list of Marvel stuff. Also, don't forget to follow it up with Young Avengers.

And then Loki Agent of Asgard (which continues elements of Kid Loki and is awesome)

This is all completely true. I'd also recommend reading Gillen's run on Thor which takes place around Siege as there is quite a bit of set up to his JIM run with characters and concepts.

I regret to say I never read the Young Avengers run. Recommended then?

Messi

This is all completely true. I'd also recommend reading Gillen's run on Thor which takes place around Siege as there is quite a bit of set up to his JIM run with characters and concepts.

I regret to say I never read the Young Avengers run. Recommended then?

Absolutely. Young Avengers is awesome. It also has America and Katie Hawkeye.

RIP Darwyn Cooke. Absolute legend who's art I will never forget. I always hoped we would get more Catwoman by him. Really regretting not snapping up a piece of his Harley Quinn art from the annual last year. I had it in my cart multiple times and now it's all gone.

Voror

Absolutely. Young Avengers is awesome. It also has America and Katie Hawkeye.

RIP Darwyn Cooke. Absolute legend who's art I will never forget. I always hoped we would get more Catwoman by him. Really regretting not snapping up a piece of his Harley Quinn art from the annual last year. I had it in my cart multiple times and now it's all gone.

I'll have to finally pick it up then. I'd been meaning to get the Loki: AoA trades anyway but was hoping for maybe an ultimate collection.

Interesting thing I never knew about Cooke was that he did work on the DCAU. He apparently is the one who animated the opening to Batman Beyond, which looking at it now I'm surprised I didn't figure out.

Zombine

Banned
He was one of my favorite creators in this medium called comics. He'll be missed

Did you ever have the chance to meet him? That is genuinely my biggest regret in all of this. He's someone I always wanted to turn up at one of the cons so I could say hello or maybe get a sketch ._.

I always thought he heavily influenced her work. She's a wonderful artist too.

Did you ever have the chance to meet him? That is genuinely my biggest regret in all of this. He's someone I always wanted to turn up at one of the cons so I could say hello or maybe get a sketch ._.

I had thought I would get to meet him this weekend, he was scheduled to be at the Detroit Comic Con. Cancelled, for now obvious reasons.

Sadly no. I'd say he is one of the bigger named artists that I hadn't. And for me it wasn't even to get things signed or a sketch. At cons I sometimes just like going up to them and saying I love their work and was a fan. Something I got to do with people like Bruce Timm

Messi

She is great. She draws a wonderful Harley it would seem. Her Starfire was lovely.

Deadly Class is the only one from the $25 that I have read but it's a very good book.

Shutter and Saga are probably worth the $12 by themselves.

Revival and Chew are also excellent.

Oh I do have Saga too. Only tpb i preorder. Probably primarily responsible for my current comic book reading hobby.

Zombine

Banned
I want one of those really hastily thrown together tie in comics with Valiant-tier art for Rainbow Six Siege.

I would buy it.

Top Bottom