• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

TheFlow

Banned
Yes, yes. They're all cardboard. But some covers have a fabric exterior. Those you can't really print on. The ones you just posted pics of look like matte covers.
Haha I should of explained better but the Gotham exterior is just matte. No fabric. They went bare minimum on the Gotham book
Yet another reason why the hell boy library editions are the GOAT

shingi70

Banned
Nope. I'm curious, but I'm pretty much at capacity for stories with school settings.

It's kinda like Avengers Academy, and plays up a pretty cool idea that being a Superhero is almost like being a Japanese idol. I'min the middle of the series and there's a pretty good tournament arc.

Can anyone avatarize these for me?

http://44.media.tumblr.com/beb505f78b73c23c14e338f722ddeb20/tumblr_nbnh0wVFc51qhuyzgo4_1280.jpg

http://44.media.tumblr.com/ada04c17dab6fc996355ee1a98d13728/tumblr_nbnhikLphQ1qhuyzgo1_1280.jpg

Zombine

Banned
As you guys know I spurged on a lot of Marvel books this week but I also got some hc stuff:

Now this is how you do a cover to a book. None of that bland shit from the Gotham Cental Omnibus.

YNDyZ.gif

Please tho, no pictures when you get to my page.

Owzers

i don't think i've read my Absolute New Frontier, only ever read the book from the library over five or so years ago. I could read it....

^^ i want Harley and Supergirl in the Cooke line assuming they aren't abominations upon release, didn't pre-order.

I think I've decided to name my puppy Bandette due to her near perfect mask.

I also figure sillymonkey could fix the a few tiny flaws in her mask. Shoe polish should do the trick.

puppies are just living statues anyways, i think i could do this.

Vibranium

Banned
Just read about Darwyn Cooke passing away, I'm a little late to the party. Going to reread Brubaker Catwoman in his honor.

It sucks that one of the best artists at capturing the "fun" in comics had to leave us so soon. This really is awful. :(

Sadist

Anyone else read My Hero Academy.
Yup.

It's rad. Last week Viz had the One Punch Man/My Hero Academia FCBD issue and the small snippet made me curious. I'm up to speed now (chapter 89) and watched the first few eps of the anime. Bakugo is a huge dick though. Deku is a bit whiney at first, but he changes fairly quickly. All Might is awesome. And oh, Ochako is best girl!

267259.jpg

Like her design.

Also, this moment in the anime makes me laugh. Deku has the best reaction faces.

tumblr_o52089FunD1qaib74o1_500.gif

Nailbiter is pretty good. Not anything great but I like it.

I just don't understand how Morty is still alive, it seemed pretty clear the guy died, but I guess they didn't say it. Also I don't know what the fuck these people consider biting their nails but I've never seen someone do it thay way.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
USA Today says they confirmed it through the family, so it was lung. Such a vicious form of cancer.
Fuck. Yeah. My mom's battling lung cancer right now. Battling is probably the wrong word, since winning isn't conceivable. Non-smoker, went to the doctor to ask about a cough she noticed was lingering around, and bam, she learns she's got stage 3b lung cancer. That's just brutal. Chemo/radiation seems to keep the cancer in check for 18 months, then it spreads to multiple bones, and a brain tumor materializes and is immediately removed. Fucking cancer.

We need better cures and treatments for cancer. We also need cheap, non-invasive ways to scan the whole body at regular intervals, because this shit can develop to the point of no return before it's ever diagnosed. Can we get those fancy sci-fi medical wands already?

TheFlow

Banned
One Piece: Burning Blood is so basic and limited in gameplay but I'm so thirsty for any One Piece game that I'll buy it.
Downloading the demo now. I have the collectors edition preordered but I am willing to cancel if I dislike the gameplay.

(Note huge one piece fan)

The Cooke news reminds me of a girl I knew. She was an up and coming musician here in Austin. She got lung cancer and passed away a few months after that. I don't know how old she was, but I think she was in her late twenties when she passed away. Damn shame, she never smoked because she was really focused on making it as a singer/musician. May she, Cooke and the many others who have been taken by cancer rest in peace.

Is it another musou-style game or a straight-up fighter?
It's an arena fighter like Naruto made by the devs who did J-Stars. It doesn't play as smooth like Naruto.
Downloading the demo now. I have the collectors edition preordered but I am willing to cancel if I dislike the gameplay.

(Note huge one piece fan)

Keep your expectations low. It may look like it has a lot of mechanics but it's super limited and a little slow.

TheFlow

Banned
It's an arena fighter like Naruto made by the devs who did J-Stars. It doesn't play as smooth like Naruto.

Keep your expectations low. It may look like it has a lot of mechanics but it's super limited and a little slow.
Fuck! The j stars team? That game was such a disappointment.

Messi

Gorgeous. So the book is happening? When does #1 drop?

July

Heres all 25! covers for #1

http://comicsalliance.com/archie-variant-covers-betty-and-veronica/

BETTY AND VERONICA #1
IT’S BETTY VS. VERONICA! The most highly-anticipated debut in comics history is here! Betty and Veronica are America’s sweethearts… until they turn on each other! “Pops’ Chocklit Shoppe is being taken over by a huge coffee company. When Betty and Veronica go head-to-head over the issue, all bets are off! Friendships will shatter. Cities will burn. Nails will be broken. Betty and Veronica are back in this ALL-NEW #1 from comics legend Adam Hughes (Wonder Woman, Catwoman)!
Script: Adam Hughes
Art: Adam Hughes
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR A Reg: Adam Hughes
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR B Variant: Mahmud Asrar
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR C Variant: Tom Bancroft
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR D Variant: Stephanie Buscema
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR E Variant: Cliff Chiang
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR F Variant: Colleen Coover
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR G Variant: Bilquis Evely
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR H Variant: Veronica Fish
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR I Variant: Francesco Francavilla
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR J Variant: Genevieve F.T.
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR K Variant: Rian Gonzales
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR L Variant: Robert Hack, Steve Downer
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR M Variant: Erica Henderson
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR N Variant: Rebekah Isaacs, Kelly Fitzpatrick
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR O Variant: Tula Lotay
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR P Variant: Alitha Martinez, Kelly Fitzpatrick
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR Q Variant: Audrey Mok
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR R Variant: Moritat
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR S Variant: Ramon K. Perez
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR T Variant: Andy Price
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR U Variant: Ryan Sook
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR V Variant: Jenn St. Onge
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR W Variant: Chip Zdarsky
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR X Variant: Chrissie Zullo
Betty & Veronica #1 CVR Y Variant: Blank Sketch
On Sale Date: 7/20
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

This cover reminds me of Katchoo and Francine

Messi

Messi is a double edge sword. Keeping both the good and bad artist in business

Aye, it is a real problem. I find it very hard to drop bad books, I even read the bad books before the good ones and sometimes I never get to them. Like just this week I read 5 issues of Catwoman instead of the current arc of Deadly Class or Low. I know those are great but I keep hoping for a day where I don't feel dreadful and I can enjoy them to the fullest. It never comes :(. Bad comics don't deserve my best. They can be read any time.

Messi is Tony and I am his James

Yeah this makes sense. Freeza is my Pepper.

Owzers

Internet nonsense using an eraser on statues might have worked slightly but it's also lightening the non-black-spot paint as well. I dunno what i'm doing anymore.

I'm just going to keep going.

Top Bottom