• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

frye

I can't believe the Officer Downe movie is actually happening

tumblr_o75c3nDs2A1qcakmpo1_540.jpg

...huh

Are they going to have a 12'' version of Zatanna's Hughes statue?

Man, I hope so. Wouldn't bet on it, though. It seems like they're digging through their archives now just to add more pieces to the Designer series. They have the 12" Hipster Batgirl, and the 12" Bruce Timm Harley coming later this year. Both pieces started as Batman B&W statues and then were blown up to a larger scale for this line.

Which seems to be the case with this as well, as she was previously released as part of the Cover Girls of the DC Universe series of statues.

Zatanna is a cool concept that has never solidified into an actual character with an real supporting cast, or definable powers and their limitations, or reusable villains, or personality traits outside "Paul Dini dream girl"

Messi

Zatanna is a cool concept that has never solidified into an actual character with an real supporting cast, or definable powers and their limitations, or reusable villains, or personality traits outside "Paul Dini dream girl"

Pls JC you are hurting me deeply. I counted you as one of Zees fans :(

RIP Cooke. I started Catwoman today at work (shh) and I'm really enjoying it. Finished Selina's Big Score and the stuff by Cooke but it's cool comics.

Also read 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank and that was a really fun first issue and not what I was expecting.

I got my Zenith books today and it's really cool how the spines line up:

Messi

RIP Cooke. I started Catwoman today at work (shh) and I'm really enjoying it. Finished Selina's Big Score and the stuff by Cooke but it's cool comics.

Also read 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank and that was a really fun first issue and not what I was expecting.

I got my Zenith books today and it's really cool how the spines line up:

I thought it was fantastic. The shy kid had me rolling every time he spoke. The small text killed me.

Messi

Zatanna wasn't forgotten she was in Bizarro.

She has popped up here an there, hell she was the co star in Harleys little black book last month. Its just that DC seems to have little interest in giving her a book to star in full time before we even try and get another solo book.

mreddie

She has popped up here an there, hell she was the co star in Harleys little black book last month. Its just that DC seems to have little interest in giving her a book to star in full time before we even try and get another solo book.

No TV or movie push means no push in comics.

Messi

No TV or movie push means no push in comics.

This is less true for DC than it is for Marvel. DC have and will publish stuff that hasn't got a movie or a tv show coming up. They just finished publishing Starfire and Midnighter. They always do these kinds of books. Short runs if you will.

mreddie

This is less true for DC than it is for Marvel. DC have and will publish stuff that hasn't got a movie or a tv show coming up. They just finished publishing Starfire and Midnighter. They always do these kinds of books. Short runs if you will.

But Rebirth is different.

Forgot to charge my ipad. So had to take the time out from HIckman's avengers to read

Astro City #7-#10: That was an amazing arc. Four whole issues of Winged Victory! Always great to see her and Samaritan's relationship developing. The Samaritan vs Confessor fight was the cherry on top.

And the guidebook at the end of the volume ended with this piece of art.

Messi

But Rebirth is different.

it will be different for 6 months until they decide to announce more books. They are going back to basics with rebirth. I don't think this has anything to do with the movies. You just don't announce a bunch of quirky books to go with your big relaunch.

ElNarez

Banned
yeah I can't wait for those Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl movies

People on twitter are just always trying to dream cast Simon Baz, it's crazy how everyone is thinking about Simon Baz always, Simon Baz, the most popular, most marketed Green Lantern, who everyone knows of because of DC's movie and tv push. I shouldn't even have to say his name, that's the first Green Lantern everyone ever thinks of.

Simon Baz.

Top Bottom